Brawl Minus 3.Q is all Qued up and ready to go!

Thor

DIJoe said:
1 other thing, why are we buffing ike? he's up there with the top of the cast already. i don't know if any of you know how to properly play ike if you think he needs help. his jab and followups are just silly. my group has an ike main, and it's nuts the control he has. we'll need to post some videos and set up some online matches.
about the yoshi change, the fact that Fair doesnt impale anymore, how is that not a nerf? I havent gotten to mess around with it yet, but unless he can reliably combo out of it, it IS a direct nerf. not complaining per se, just curious.

I'm interested in this Ike. Another person I'd like to face when I get access to a Wi-Fi compatible Wii again.

I'd imagine the new Yoshi change lets Yoshi do some fair -> uair combos that help KO floaty heavyweights (or just floaties) off the top, and can allow for double fair -> stuff if they miss, but I haven't tested it myself. It might also still be rather easy to land Yoshifoots off the grounded fair, not sure though (I can see why it would seem to be a nerf - fair -> fsmash sounds like no longer works).

EDIT: Also, for the Wifi GCT, has that been added to the 3.Q original download, or is it something that still must be put in/must delete the contents of the folder and put in the download? Because when I compared the "Codes" folder to the "CODES" folder of 3.5 and 3.Q, the contents looked identical... even though I didn't download the Wi-Fi part yet. I just made the download and when I moved it into the Codes folder, it offered to "Replace Existing" so I selected that.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Thor, one must install Brawl Minus 3.Q into the SD card, then add the wifi GCT to the codes folder. It will ask to replace. Do so. The next step is "Profit", as the masses would say.

Thor

Thanks - I just didn't want to delete something that was named the same but actually was not.

So... what does the global gravity increase do?

NEWB

Increases fall speed, as the name implies. Or did you mean what does it do or how does it help everyone?

I don't REALLY know what gravity does but it doesn't make sense for it to do anything else if it's called gravity.

PowerUp

I'm curious too. Does that mean that they increased the maximum speed of the gravity applied to characters, the rate at which gravity affects fall speed, or something else entirely?

owo

sweet pew pew :cool:

Baby_Sneak

do i need that wifi gct if i already have my wiimmfi build setup?

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
I wasn't just using jiggs against Spookymans Zelda. Idk how to explain it in any way other than "constantly toss out FF fairs/bairs and win." You can teleport and do it again if you want. Or teleport spike. Those distant hitboxes are also insane for tech chases.

Glyph

I'm actually gunna take back what I thought about TL before, I watched this match (second game) and TL just kind of looks like a much more fun character than he has before. Its not super overkill, and it makes for some interesting matchups.

That being said, I'm still pretty unsure why Link went up, and got a laughable 5 frame nerf on his bomb throw (come on, really? 'We acknowledge bombs are a problem, watch us barely address it at all now'). His neutral game is actually super strong, short hop nairs are incredible and even just spacing utilt will work way more often than not. Jabs could kind of make sense, but when you look at how far they reach(third hit especially, which also stays out for a while) and how much damage they do, it makes a lot more sense. Unless you want to hit the damage or range on it instead, of course.

NEWB

The point was to increase his out of shield options. I think that link should now see a slight power nerf on his jabs now that they are faster.

Vauss

Prior to this patch, Link's only grounded normals I ever used were u tilt (combos only), usmash (mainly for snakedashing) and jab. With the speed increase, his other ground options are viable now that they don't get beat out by absolutely everything. As for the 3rd hit of the jab, I actually never use it. Jab-jab-Spin-attack is always my go-to quick combo.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Code:
L+R | 1+2 | ZL= Lvl 16

How is this activated in Dolphin?
When selecting a CPU difficulty, hold one of the indicated combinations depending on your controller, GC | Wiimote+Nunchuk | Classic Controller(I assume), then press up or down. A Minus symbol will replace the CPU level number. Level Minus CPUs were originally claimed to be tougher than level 9 CPUs, but that isn't the case with some(most) characters.

?0123456789?

I experienced two freezes today involving olimar. Just randomly froze during the match. Happened at lavander town and either temple or skyworld. He faced Ike in one match and toon link in the other.

Can somebody please look further into this? I've also had freezing problems with Olimar, with him crashing my game about 5 times approximately mid-game playing with my friend. Not sure exacting what's causing it, but I thought the more people posted about it, the sooner it could get fixed. I also think his UpB kills too early (~70%) but maybe that's just me.

PowerUp

Level Minus CPU is interesting...how does it work? I'd love to learn about the AI in this game.

NEWB

You mean how strong are they?

As for how it works, each AI for each character is in their motion file. It's unique to each character and can be rewritten.

PowerUp

What I mean is, how is the AI built, and how can you improve it? I'm curious about everything - pathfinding, what values are used to choose attacks, etc. I also remember that for a while, people were attempting to "train" the AI, and it would supposedly adopt the humans' play style in a limited fashion (ex: Falco using more lasers). Was there any truth to that?

CRYZ

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but with Roy's new air dash, when tumbling in the air and executing his dash he does the animation however he doesn't dash. Once he's out of tumbling animation his air dash works as intended.

---

After failing to activate CPU Level: Minus, I found the level 16 CPU code that turns on automatically. Anyone know if there is any difference in the AI or is the only difference button activation.

NEWB

You edit the AI script in brawl box. You can find it in the motionfile. Editing it is actually somewhat easy when you know how to do it, but there are a lot things you need to learn about the format. It went way over my head when I first looked at it and I never invested enough time to learn it fully.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
The vBrawl CSPs for Roy are wrong.
CSP = Actual Texture
Regular Roy = Regular Roy
Red Roy = Red Roy
Green Roy = Green Roy
Blue Roy w/Silver = Yellow Roy
Yellow Roy = Black Roy
Black Roy = Blue Roy w/Silver
I can rearrange the CSPs and post it when I'm done.

Edit: Done, testing now.
Edit2: It's more than just the CSPs. I believe the character textures were just misnumbered, causing this. I'll revert the CSPs and just change the texture ordering.
Edit3: ....Anger. Everything is just wrong. Result screen portraits, CSPs...there is no consistency at all. Trying to fix.
Edit4: Done. Download for vBrawl portraits. I will only make the fix for minus portraits if asked. Just drop contents into the root of SD card, AFTER FIRST INSTALLING ORIGINAL vBRAWL PORTRAITS MINUS 3.Q. You must do that first.

Attachments

• Roy Cosmetic Fix (vBrawl).zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 344
Last edited by a moderator: