BDOT #4: OVER! Glyph Defends the Title!

Bent_00

Why was your main account banned Bent?
I "advertized" my Warlock Punch tweaks one time too many on official Minus subforums.

I think I'll make a single thread in Off-Topic with all my customizations in it, and just keep it all in there...

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Megasaturn99 you picked one of my favorite matches to use an example. The ending is SOOOOO goooood... Why was your main account banned Bent?
I was rooting for Mikeneko since he is my favourite Japanese player. Came down pretty much to the last hit so w/e. Also you can call me MS or LB so you don't get carpal tunnels :p

Glyph

Wait, banned like temporarily or banned forever?

Because if its forever, but they're not making you stay off then whats the point of the ban other than it makes you a little harder to contact for everyone else.

Glyph

Lol I mean, I'm glad and all, but ban dodging is not really something you're supposed to do on a forum and all. But really I don't blame you, there's not even like ground rules for posting here. Plus really you should have gotten an infraction, not a straight up ban (unless you were warned like 5 times not to and still did)

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
What's the cutoff date for round 2?

Thor

lol Glyph sandbagging. Serious question: Glyph, would you play your ROB against me game 1? Would you play it game 2 if you lost game 1 in a Bo3?

Glyph

My Charizard and Kirby are serious characters. I'm not sandbagging when I use them, to the point where I beat people with them harder than I do with ROB. Same thing goes for Ness.

Thor, for Falco I wouldn't even touch ROB. Not gunna dive into that blast of a matchup, no matter how confident I am with ROB. I'd probably go with Ness and pray to god you couldn't catch me offstage.

What's the cutoff date for round 2?

Shoot for Wednesday night. Same amount of matches this time so hopefully we can move through them just as fast (but I do recognize its not a weekend anymore)

PowerUp

I'm liking these brackets...lots of familiar names I haven't had a chance to play against yet. Can't wait to see how strong everyone is.

Thor

Glyph said:
My Charizard and Kirby are serious characters. I'm not sandbagging when I use them, to the point where I beat people with them harder than I do with ROB. Same thing goes for Ness.
Thor, for Falco I wouldn't even touch ROB. Not gunna dive into that blast of a matchup, no matter how confident I am with ROB. I'd probably go with Ness and pray to god you couldn't catch me offstage.

Wait wut? I always thought you were just kind of sandbagging whenever we played...

And why would you not go Kirby against my Falco? Do you prefer the Ness Falco MU or something?

Thor

Kirby's bair is (I think) just or almost as good as Falco's, so it's not as easy as you'd think...Falco SH bair doesn't really work either, since Kirby can duck it (I think) and SH bair him instead.

Glyph

Wait wut? I always thought you were just kind of sandbagging whenever we played...

And why would you not go Kirby against my Falco? Do you prefer the Ness Falco MU or something?

I wouldn't call it sandbagging, I play to win every game I play. That being said, I do play better against harder opponents than I do less experienced people. Not a conscious choice, just how my playstyle works I guess

As for not going Kirby, I prefer Ness' mobility to get around things and down b to discourage too much laser spam. Kirby is small, but has trouble getting around a lot of what falco can throw out since he's a little less agile

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I wouldn't call it sandbagging, I play to win every game I play. That being said, I do play better against harder opponents than I do less experienced people. Not a conscious choice, just how my playstyle works I guess

As for not going Kirby, I prefer Ness' mobility to get around things and down b to discourage too much laser spam. Kirby is small, but has trouble getting around a lot of what falco can throw out since he's a little less agile
I need to play your Ness more. We don't have any good Nesses where I live and you saw last night how I handled him.

Thor

Glyph said:

Hopefully I'm not "less experienced" when we play again (I know I've gotten better at Melee, and since I mean not only Melee tech but some fundamental stuff, I hope it carries over).

I meant by sandbagging that you weren't choosing your best character, not that you were playing down to my level (though you might've been I guess).

Kirby can literally duck reflector and nearly all of Falco's lasers (and I think all), and can advance by using dtilt if Falco is using a lot of lasers. Or do you do all this but still feel Ness is the better choice? Just curious because I think Kirby is a worse MU for Falco than Ness (although this may be false).

NEWB

Tough to say. I do think that Kirby is worse on falco though. Less agile in the air and his upb is super punishable. Just run up and dair above him and he dies. If he has jumps, he will try to get back and you can smack him with another aerial by falling off the ledge and he's dead. Ness is indeed safer in the air compared to Kirby. The fact that falco can't approach with lasers anymore also makes it harder to approach ness because psynet.

Glyph

Depends on the kirby's playstyle. Personally I like to keep in the air for my approaches and drop in when I see openings, so the whole crouching thing doesn't really come into play much for me.

Oh, and just a heads up owo might be replacing Jomo for this tourney. Jomo dropped out, and I had forgotten I had a sub I could put in. Should he agree to play, I'll have that round one match play out as normal and keep the bracket otherwise the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

It baffles me that players will choose to do something other than duck under things if they can. I mean, if you could choose to be a pancake whenever you want, why aren't you being a pancake right now?

Speaking of stupid things, am I the only dumbass around here that likes trying to grab pikachu or jigglypuff out of a fully charged sideb or nuetral B? I get huge kick out of it cuz it's unexpected and it is OBVIOUSLY a fair trade and I can do it 30ish percent of the time but I usually end up dying for some reason.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I'm probably the Kirby that dtilts under Falco's Reflector/lasers that Thor is talking about. Being a pancake is the best man.

I used to grab Jiggs and Sonic out of their sideB in vBrawl because of Kirby's grab range when I was super laid back. Haven't tried it in Minus though.