BDOT #4: OVER! Glyph Defends the Title!

PowerUp

I admit that I'm surprised you beat Kien, Sneak. Show me that tournament strength!

RETRACTED. If you play like that for the rest of the tournament, your chance of winning is just as good as anyone else's. Your Charizard was amazing, and one of the strongest plays of any character I've seen from anyone in minus. Your pressure was top notch, and the followups were all strong. In the end, you weren't prepared to fight ZSS, but honestly the second match could have gone either way. The only improvement I can think of would be to use stealth rocks a little more often as well as for edgeguarding like you did in our last game. It does take away some of your physical pressure, but you had so little difficulty approaching that I think the temporary loss of momentum would have been more than offset by the better protection from projectiles and safe areas to retreat to. In my opinion, you're very close to Charizard's meta.

Let the videos speak for themselves:

Any advice you have on my plays?

Baby_Sneak

Any advice you have on my plays?
Well, Even though Zard has some good follow ups, ko moves, long ranged attacks (Nair, Fair, etc..), and a decent recovery , He has a difficult time mixing up his attacks because his moves has specific uses and ranges . Ideal-wise, Zard wants to attack you horizontal. Vertically, Zard has only three options; Uair, Utilt and Up-b. Uair is low risk, variable reward. Low risk because the move has a good hitbox straight up. Variable reward because (depends on spacing, where the platforms are because it cancels the end lag iirc, and if after or before a jump). Utilt is great at anti airing, but isn't that great at the horizontal range. Up-b is high risk high reward. Miss and you're going to get 50% approx. hit and mostly likely you'll star ko a individual. There's more, but that's basically your gameplay vs zard. You want to hit at angle, approx 70-80*

Last edited by a moderator:

Thor

I think if Baby_Sneak grabs instead of usmashes at the end of video 2, he'd have gone and swagged all over PowerUp 2-0. But good job to both players - intense games to watch.

So... owo vs PowerUp? Sounds hype, want replays of it. I'm hoping my fellow Falco main takes to the skies and clears himself a spot in Grand Finals, but I'll watch all the videos regardless of how it turns out.

Also, The Concept, I hope to see you tear up loser's bracket - all that Sheik work we put in yesterday should be put to good use, right? Or if you're going primarily Pit, just know that I think Sheik is always an option...

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I usually do one of each character.

PowerUp

PowerUp 1-3 owo. Not too proud of this performance...oh well, more finals for me! Congrats, owo.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
PowerUp 1-3 owo. Not too proud of this performance...oh well, more finals for me! Congrats, owo.

The 16:9 is beautiful. :eek:

Needs 100% more Prog tho. rip prog:(

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Late for me is much later than late for you I'm sure. I'm normally up til 6 am.

Thor

The 16:9 is beautiful. :eek:

Needs 100% more Prog tho. rip prog:(

Prog didn't die (or did he??? I heard he was just ill for a time and starting to struggling to travel), and was even generous enough to briefly come out of retirement to commentate at Evo 2014 (which was the best thing to happen to Evo commentary). Who knows, he might even pop in for Apex or Evo 2015 [we can always hope].

EDIT: Also, that PowerUp-owo set had some Hbox-Mango flavor to it - the guy who got the 4-stock is the guy who ends up losing the set lol. And less than 30 seconds into round 4, it sounds like owo shoots a laser, but no laser comes out (just after 20 seconds or so in) - is this a glitch or what?

Last edited by a moderator:

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Prog didn't die (or did he??? I heard he was just ill for a time and starting to struggling to travel), and was even generous enough to briefly come out of retirement to commentate at Evo 2014 (which was the best thing to happen to Evo commentary). Who knows, he might even pop in for Apex or Evo 2015 [we can always hope].

EDIT: Also, that PowerUp-owo set had some Hbox-Mango flavor to it - the guy who got the 4-stock is the guy who ends up losing the set lol.
No. Prog dan't die. It's just from twitch.

PowerUp

Also, that PowerUp-owo set had some Hbox-Mango flavor to it - the guy who got the 4-stock is the guy who ends up losing the set lol. And less than 30 seconds into round 4, it sounds like owo shoots a laser, but no laser comes out (just after 20 seconds or so in) - is this a glitch or what?

Not gonna lie, I give owo alot of credit for giving precisely zero fucks about that four stock and not losing a step of momentum. I was actually hoping he would switch for the third match, but he just kept on laserin' and the rest is history.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
it sounds like owo shoots a laser, but no laser comes out (just after 20 seconds or so in) - is this a glitch or what?
You have to land just as you're about to shoot an aerial laser.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
EDIT: Also, that PowerUp-owo set had some Hbox-Mango flavor to it - the guy who got the 4-stock is the guy who ends up losing the set lol. And less than 30 seconds into round 4, it sounds like owo shoots a laser, but no laser comes out (just after 20 seconds or so in) - is this a glitch or what?

If you laser too close to the ground, the laser doesn't fire. Simply how it functions.

Thor

Not gonna lie, I give owo alot of credit for giving precisely zero fucks about that four stock and not losing a step of momentum. I was actually hoping he would switch for the third match, but he just kept on laserin' and the rest is history.

Honestly, owo looked like he didn't even care for like 90% of game 1 and all of game 2 XD.

Also, for lasering too close to the ground, in vBrawl that produces silent lasers, where no SFX but laser comes out - could we sync them so that either laser comes out with sound or neither comes out? It's weird where I think I'd get a laser and I don't...

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I dunno the technicals behind it, but as long as you don't get to the point in the animation where the laser triggers, it won't come out. How the sound managed to desynch though, I have no idea.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Isn't DDD a hard counter to Falco? His Dees can't be reflected and they eat lasers, right?