BDOT #4: OVER! Glyph Defends the Title!

Glyph

dMqvzrb.png

BRACKET CAN BE FOUND HERE! ITS A HUGE IMAGE SO I'M NOT GOING TO DIRECTLY LINK IT DEAL WITH IT

BDOT3 HAS BEEN CANCELLED SINCE SOME PARTICIPANTS FELT THE SIX MONTH WAIT WOULD PAY OFF IN THE LONG RUN. SINCE NO ONE PLAYED GLYPH IS AUTOMATICALLY THE CHAMPION OF YET ANOTHER FAIR AND UNBIASED TOURNAMENT.

Its totally different this time though, I swear.

***USE THIS LINK TO COMMUNICATE DURING THE TOURNAMENT***

THE NEXT TOURNAMENT IS CURRENTLY SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY, JUL. 25th. ROUND ONE WILL LAST UNTIL 11:59 PM on JUL. 26.

WHOEVER PLACES FIRST IN THE UPCOMING TOURNAMENT WILL RECEIVE $20 $0 BECAUSE NOW I AM POOR VIA PAYPAL.

If you do not have a paypal we will work something different out instead, like a handshake or a picture of a puppy or whatever you deem fitting winnings.

The tournament will be DOUBLE elimination.

RULES THUS FAR

- Everyone will be using the most recent codeset, in this instance being 3.5. For the sake of getting things running, no custom stages will be allowed (I highly recommend redownloading the full version with no mods, and take extra care that any skins or other mods you add will not interfere with online play. Also, take a minute to make sure your wii is connecting to the internet effectively before you need to play.

-We will be using the following neutrals/counterpicks. If you feel a stage should/shouldn't be included let me know, but I may or may not include it.

Neutral
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Yoshi's Island
-Spear Pillar

Counterpick
-Lylat Cruise
-Frigate Orphion
-Halberd
-Skyworld
-Temple
-Dream Greens
-Pokemon Stadium
-Fountain of Dreams
-Lavender Town
-Wario Ware

-Games will all be double blind for character picks.

-Before game 1, both players will strike a neutral stage and three counterpicks (Players can opt to wait to ban counterpicks after game 1 ends as well. Up to you guys). Both players will then either agree to a first stage from the remaining neutrals or randomly select one from the remaining 3 (I'm pretty sure it randomly picks which stage to use from the two players, so just pick the one you want and cross your fingers).

-Loser of game 1 picks a stage from the remaining legal stages. Then the other player if they lose, its pretty straight forward. Loser picks stage. Got it.

-You may not select a stage that you have already won on as your counterpick.

-In the event of a crash or desync, the game will only be considered valid if both players agree the game was unwinnable for one player. If a game crashes or desyncs and no winner is decided, the game is replayed on a new stage (chosen by the player who picked the broken one). This process is repeated until a game is played in full or is agreed to have been a win.

-Items should be set to NONE and OFF (important to prevent characters like D3 from throwing capsules containing final smashes or other items)

-Friend Codes-
1. Glyph - 2278-0677-1888

-Confirmed Players (FCs will be posted later)-
1. Glyph Makes his Mark!
2. Doqtor Kirby Checks you into the ER!
3. Bent 00 Bends you out of Shape!
4. Pin Clock Sticks it to you!
5. MegaSaturn Ain't blowing hot gas!
6. PowerUp Does just that!
7. NEWB Misleads with his name!
8. Baby Sneak Won't be the one crying!
9. Lightning Paralyzes her foes!
10. Darx Swallows the competition!
11. Tybis Sets the stage for victory!
12. Jomo is bad at smash bros!
13. Poo stinks up the place!
14. AeroIncarnated Blows 'em away!
15. The Concept Dreams up your defeat!

Last edited by a moderator:

Glyph

I think its pretty safe to say no one was the winner of the second one, anyways I've got the OP updated with you guys!

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Oh man, I have to wait all the way until JANUARY for this tournament? Now I'll never get a chance to play!

Assuming you mean July, count me in.
No I think he means January
FMQXpqy.png

THE NEXT TOURNAMENT IS CURRENTLY SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY, JAN. 25th. ROUND ONE WILL LAST UNTIL 11:59 PM on JAN. 26.

Glyph

Well damn I guess I'll have to cancel this one and do another one with a little shorter wait time.

Glyph

Stagelist and signups update, but fair warning I don't remember if this version of Spear Pillar has hazards or not. If it does, its not legal.

Glyph

List updated, and both players already get an equal number of strikes. I wanted to leave a decent sized pool of stages to pick from rather than strike down to a single stage every time. In fact I'm considering reducing the strikes from 3 to 2.

Thor

MegaSaturn99 said:
It's ok. We'll all lose...Except Glyph. Glyph doesn't lose. Glyph is too good to lose.

While I can't enter this, Glyph could lose if Jomo or Owo are spot-on and using Lucario/Falco. Not saying it will happen but it's possible.

Thor

He's the Lucario - admittedly, Glyph has beaten Jomo before as well (I didn't bother linking those) and this was when Lucario was still super-duper powerful, but it could still happen.

Glyph

These deadlines are not exceptionally strict, I'll probably only enforce it on that cut off if every other player has done their match and is ready for round 2. The important thing is making sure as many people get to play as possible, so expect flexibility from myself.