Minus Backroom
Darx 2-1 Doq
Will upload footage later

PowerUp

OUCH dat 4 stock.

Edit: Here are the matches for AeroIncarnated vs PowerUp:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thor

Doq's video design stuff is awesome - if he was willing to make all the vids like that [all the overlays with players, tourney name, etc.], our stuff would look legit even to people who question Brawl- as a competitive thing. Not that we should make him do all that...

EDIT: Also, with all this footage, and all this interest in a tournament (16 players, and me and owo wanting in but unable to for certain reasons, is more people than we had at the only Brawl event I ever was able to attend), maybe there should be a thread on here for video critques, if people want them? I'd be willing to review footage and offer advice to various players (Falco is someone I think I know fairly well [was Falco champ for a time, and I think if I played Gold_TSG with 3.5 it would be very close - not sure about 3.Q since I don't have what I think is some of the required tech skill in place] and I also think I know at least a bit about MK). While of course none of us are authorities, I for one would love feedback on my Captain Falcon from Bent 00, and so on and so forth, so if people are willing to, should we make this an area of our forums? [Totally optional for anyone who doesn't want the advice, but I figure some might appreciate it...]

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Doq's video design stuff is awesome - if he was willing to make all the vids like that [all the overlays with players, tourney name, etc.], our stuff would look legit even to people who question Brawl- as a competitive thing. Not that we should make him do all that...
I would, but you don't even know how many times I get pissed off at my computer for GFX-related BSoD's it's a real life smashfest. That being said, I'll record all footage from all tournaments. :)
EDIT: Also, with all this footage, and all this interest in a tournament (16 players, and me and owo wanting in but unable to for certain reasons, is more people than we had at the only Brawl event I ever was able to attend), maybe there should be a thread on here for video critques, if people want them? I'd be willing to review footage and offer advice to various players (Falco is someone I think I know fairly well [was Falco champ for a time, and I think if I played Gold_TSG with 3.5 it would be very close - not sure about 3.Q since I don't have what I think is some of the required tech skill in place] and I also think I know at least a bit about MK). While of course none of us are authorities, I for one would love feedback on my Captain Falcon from Bent 00, and so on and so forth, so if people are willing to, should we make this an area of our forums? [Totally optional for anyone who doesn't want the advice, but I figure some might appreciate it...]
All of my yes to this here.

Thor

Sort of... more like a "Please critique my gameplay" thread where people post videos (see, more videos!) and then ask for feedback, positive and negative, to work on improving their gameplay. That just seems like a "Post vids here" thread, but maybe I'm just nitpicky and it's intended for people to post vids and ask for feedback (and post vids just because, but not for feedback).

Also should probably become the Brawl- 3.5/3.Q thread, or just 3.Q, or else the Brawl- vid thread, where people are asked to specify version number when posting videos.

PowerUp

The idea was to create an archive of games for the purpose of matchup analysis and balancing. There should be a new thread for each version in order to keep things organized. Ideally, people will post matches that exhibit a high level of play. Critiquing is fine as far as balance discussion is concerned, but "How should I play Toon Link" should go in the Toon Link subforum.

Thor

Powerup said:
The idea was to create an archive of games for the purpose of matchup analysis and balancing. There should be a new thread for each version in order to keep things organized. Ideally, people will post matches that exhibit a high level of play. Critiquing is fine as far as balance discussion is concerned, but "How should I play Toon Link" should go in the Toon Link subforum.

I'll make subforums right now for that in a few places then...

When does round 2 start/end?

Lightning

Ikesexual
Won against AeroIncarnated. :D (I believe it was either 2-0 or 2-1. Not sure since I only saved 1 replay..)

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I also have both replays from the NEWB fight.

Baby_Sneak

the sets with my and pin clock went 2-1 in my favor.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Haha, I finally get to fight Bent. I'm Goku-excited for this fight.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom

I think going back over with commentaries would be awesome too. I know Kietaro, a well-known Brawl commentator, does it on his own channel. Here's an example: I think this would be really awesome if done right.

PowerUp

Hmm...commentary is a pretty interesting idea. If done properly, it could be good. I'm not sure it's worth the time investment, however. How many people will really watch our matches?

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
I wouldn't do it myself, because I'm only one person, and I'm recording a whole tourney (essentially). That and I don't have a mic. :( sry

However, if somebody else were to record commentary audio and send me the .wav, I'd gladly sync it with the game.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Hmm...commentary is a pretty interesting idea. If done properly, it could be good. I'm not sure it's worth the time investment, however. How many people will really watch our matches?
Who cares? If we have people who like commentating, they'll do it cause they enjoy it, not because it's gonna bring in a massive audience. Besides, it might attract people who wouldn't otherwise notice Minus.

Bent_00

Haha, I finally get to fight Bent. I'm Goku-excited for this fight.
I'm looking forward to it. I'm off work Monday night through Thursday evening. When's a good time for you?

My main account was banned, so PM this account if you want to contact me.

Thor

Megasaturn99 you picked one of my favorite matches to use an example. The ending is SOOOOO goooood... Why was your main account banned Bent?