Suggestions for Brawl Minus MAX 3.3

NEWB

Lucas can normaly cancel grounded psynet into sideb in the same manor. He can't if he lands after using it in the air.

Wait, so are those things I mentioned sheiks needles intended or a bug? What's this about them canceling?

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
The Lucario thing can be a major issue to anyone who enjoys using upB many times for it's practical uses. The effect most commonly takes place after it's attack-cancelled in the air (whether or not it's related to double upB-ing, I haven't tried). Upon landing, he loses the ability to use upB again unless he jumps.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Being i've mained Lucario for 2 years and know him to an almost scary degree, im VERY surprised that i never ran into it! Most likely because him being in the air is advantageous in almost all cases, since a 45 to 50 degree downwards approach with up-b is his best approach option, and it ALMOST ALWAYS starts aeiral combos. That of which are second to few in the game IMO. 45 degree up-b->dash attack->utilt->utilt->uair->uair->Fastfall->s-hop->u-air->up-b->u-air-> DEATH. OR 45 degree up-b->dash attack->utilt->utilt->uair->forcepalm->aurasphere. Aura sphere garunteed to hit a good portion of the time. Could also replace the dash attack in those with u-tilts. This is excluding ALOT of stuff, like fair and d-air as well for simplicity sake. Basically it's generally a good idea to jump as soon as you hit ground with up-b if you didn't connect, mainly because...well...SECRET. (okay okay it's because lucario pillars better then falco in melee) but thats a technique i won't be sharing huehuehue

ANYWAYS! TL;DR i never noticed the glitch because i always jump after hitting the ground if i don't connect. Thats not to say i don't chill out on the ground ALOT. it's just that during heated points in the battle, his best option is to be in the air thanks to those combos+pillaring+b-air is his best kill move+d-air is just shweet with its range+alot of characters have a REALLY hard time approaching in the air.

Hopefully i can fix that though...his actions are coded pretty funky for his up-b. Also, NEWB, i can't tell you for sure if it was coded that way intentionally or not since i wasn't around back then, but i can't think of any reason it would have been left that way. anyways, i leave of with THIS as a response to my own info-dump

pYd2lnB.gif

Gold_TSG

I still wanna brawl you, Husky.

Also, is it possible to impliment something like counter-grabbing? In a similar sense to Ike and Marth's counters, but activate on grabboxes instead? I figured it would be a neat idea to help someone against grab-heavy styles of play.

Glyph

Yeah Sammi, you've hyped yourself up so much but won't play on wifi and won't GET ME ANY REPLAYS COME OOOOONNNNNN

Also Gold they already have an anti-grab mechanic, I think her name is 'Nana'.

Gold_TSG

Glyph said:
Yeah Sammi, you've hyped yourself up so much but won't play on wifi and won't GET ME ANY REPLAYS COME OOOOONNNNNN

Also Gold they already have an anti-grab mechanic, I think her name is 'Nana'.

You know what I mean lol

NEWB

SO MUCH HYPE!!!!!

I'm part of a gaming club in college called occ gamers guild. Awhile ago, we became a charter of TESPA and now Microsoft just asked us to be a partner!!!!!!!

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
sorry sorry i know i never play online, and the reason behind it is I NEVER HAVE ever played online. ever lol. i just don't enjoy the online experience with nintendo. I MIGHT play wifi at somepoint, maybe..... i can get replays though, i just always forget when my playgroup plays. I'll see if i can't this time though :p

Gold_TSG

Play online! It's all for fun! I need to brawl you >:u

Glyph

Can I get clarification on how Pika's up-b is supposed to be input? If I hold B, SOMETIMES it does both of the hits, but its not 100%. So I try tapping B, but it has the same issue where its vastly inconsistent. What do?

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
You mean the second portion of the recovery? From what i can tell it was INTENDED to be double all the time, however for one reason or another it can't be double in any straight direction. only diagonal angles. Is that what you mean? o_O

NEWB

No the reverse is true for me. I only get it going straight up down left or right and diagonally a bit, but never a 45 degree angle would get me a double...

Gold_TSG

Been working consistently for me.

Ferrous Faucet

I think you have to change direction. I mean, you can't go in the same direction twice in a row. You have to input up-b and then rapidly input two different directions on the control stick.

Can someone verify that for me? Actually I've always had problems with it, and I feel that failing Pikachu's recovery is the main reason I can't master Pikachu.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Pikachu's recovery can indeed go in one direction 2 times without inputting a different angle, just that it has to be a diagonal angle.at least in my experience. However the fact that Glyph is experiencing the opposite of what i'm experiencing puzzles me...

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
I really hope it just has to do with holding b vs not holding b... but has anyone tried tapping the direction vs tilting? Like a smash attack?.. that could be it..?

Gold_TSG

It's working for me with or without holding B.

Thor

Project M site link? Not sure I'm at the right thing (link would be nice)

Am I the only one who wants fast lasers on b-throw and u-throw? Uthrow slow lasers do almost nothing and b-throw lasers are easy to DI out of after a hit or two, and [for me at least, although I've seen footage to the contrary] fast b-throw lasers combo better...

Another suggestion for Falco: make ground lasers fast (i.e vBrawl speed). Maybe this is bad/problematic, but I think it's not a big issue usually and I think it'd be nice to see back. Or do slow ground lasers help more than I give credit for?

NEWB

Yeah, you aren't using slow lasers properly. They do the same thing as fast lasers except, you can close the distance with them. You use them to approach with, usually after a combo or even without.

Also, slow back throw lasers work really well. They kill people for me when I throw from fd to the blastline.

Up throw does need retweaking though. The lasers never hit, and even if they wanted that throw to position the foe that way, they should just make a new throw that doesn't look as stupid.

what about it? turbo mode?

their samus is pretty neat?

edit: just watched the video from a couple days ago, is that what you're talking about?