Suggestions for Brawl Minus MAX 3.3

um, no thanks? pretty funny though. maybe they'll arrive in Brawl Minus version 15.0

but slippy looks amazing.

Glyph

Played around with Pika in training some, looks like the double up-b works fine as long as the first move isn't a 45 degree angle. It will still work, but is far from 100% (I'd say closer to like 20-30%).

Lightning

Ikesexual
Don't know if this should go under Toon LInk's forum, but his grab should be sped up. If it's possible to make it faster when the clawshot is drawn back, that would be best, in my opinion. :D

NEWB

TL has a good grab. You do realize the grab box lingers even after the chain hits the floor right? It's one of the better grabs.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
It also pulls opponents in when used in the air, and can cancel into attacks for comboing or kills with dair.

Thor

I know how to use Falco lasers. But the thing is, aerial Falco lasers help approach and set up walls. I just wanted back ground quick lasers so that I can shoot single lasers onstage to mess with people's recoveries a little easier from onstage (and also make someone shooting a stream of grounded lasers less annoying in FFAs, although that's probably not a dev concern).

Bthrow lasers shouldn't carry someone off FD to KO unless they're at like 500% or else can't DI/SDI the lasers. I can usually DI the lasers so that I'm hit by like 3 of them, tops.

Pikachu's up+b hasn't been an issue for me. Not sure what issue y'all are having.

Am I just bad at jab->grab in this game or is it actually made to be trickier (Rarely issues in Brawl with it)? Also, it [sometimes] feels like the Gentleman (3rd hit) of Falcon's jab combo has the rapid jab come out even if I just tap A three times - is there a way to change how his rapid jab works so that I accidentally use it so much?

Gold_TSG

They should do with Falcon what they did with Diddy's jab, and delay the input for the rapid punch so the combo is easier to do, since it's way too common to screw it up.

NEWB

You have a point about grounded lasers not being particularly useful, but the point in changing them in the first place was that his melee playstyle and premax playstyle was very campy and generally not fun to play against. Some people would call it gay and campy and I agree

Also, his back throw doesn't kill very much. I was just saying it can, and certainly not at low percents. I like the grab as it is now, and haven't seen anyone, myself included, DI out of it.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
It's impossible to have grounded and aerial lasers have different properties, as lasers are all one article. This is also why his throw lasers are slow as well.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
what if the laser's articles were copied so you have one "fast laser" and one slow laser?... also, i'd suggest that the "fast laser" on ground be a charging thing, a little like link's arrows, so if you charge B you can shoot a quicker and slightly more powerful laser... i play against a lot of falcos, and i can definitely notice how much of a difference not being able to use quick lasers makes... especially with hitting offstage foes... maybe make yourself able to hold the charge... i cannot stress enough how badly i want chargeable lasers for the starfox crew xP fox's would get slower, but bigger and stronger, falco's would get quicker and slightly stronger, but be "attack" blockable, and wolf's would shoot more at a time, like the way he does a kind of three round shot right now normally... (another suggestion for falco is to give his charge shot a kind of "shotgun" blast, like his throws, but a little narrower)... i should make a thread with my suggestions soon... i'll write them all down and get them on a separate thread...

but how does Big Link haul his clawshot in so fast? that thing has crazy length.

that's what she said.

seriously, my grandma thinks it's bull that Toon Link still has so much grab lag, regardless of a little lingering grab box, and she plays a nasty Ganon.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
..you're grandma plays brawl with you? o.o

edit: more specifically, brawl MINUS??

NEWB

Well, link has it quickened because it doesn't have any lingering get box.

You would also be very surprised how much you can trip people up with TL's grab. Pretty good near ledges. Forces them to try and jump and you can easily call that.

Thor

It's impossible to have grounded and aerial lasers have different properties, as lasers are all one article. This is also why his throw lasers are slow as well.

Explain to me, then, how in 2.X.6 his grounded lasers were bigger and did double damage, while his aerial lasers did regular damage.

Your statement would seem inaccurate, given that this was possible in 2.X.6. Or could you explain why it was possible then to make grounded/aerial different power, but not different speeds?

huh, i always thought link's grab had a late grab box...

well in that case, nevermind toon link... samus needs a faster grab.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
iirc i think it's possible to make them do different damage/change certain properties based on air/ground state, however changing laser speed is impossible as it's controlled by a floating point buried in his file, and not by PSA. the laser speed applies to the lasers regardless of any coding we put into lasers. Also, we can't 'copy' articles. The articles are completely separate function call and are instantiated in sora_melee (soArticleMediator, soInstanceImpl etc etc) and so 'copying' articles is quite impossible. (unless your Phantom Wings, and even then it was highly buggy and required extensive module editing)

I can assure you that Pin's statement is accurate, as we have tried many many times to change not just his but MANY characters articles in a similar way. we can however make them do more damage in the air, or make a diff gfx in the air or what have you. Just not travel speed. (actually im not even sure if we can do that, this is a question more for Kien)

Thor

Not that I know much about coding (so this may be laughably difficult), but can you create articles? You've already shown you can access them to change them (laser speed)... If so, couldn't then you pick the article called based on Falco's location (so if he's grounded, fast laser, or else slow lasers)? I don't know, this idea came to me but if this won't work, a simple "it won't work" will suffice.

Anyone else want extra knockback on Falco's dtilt? I kinda want to see it be more like Melee's (maybe not KO at 110%, but like 130%) or at least have some higher base knockback.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
another idea is to somehow edit it to copy some physics of link's arrows, just to the point of being able to charge them, not to be able to arch though

NEWB

I don't think Falco's dtilt needs more knockback. He is one of my mains and it works fine. I like being able to jump and use Nair to bring foes back down after dtilt at low percents. It does kill at some point too.

Falco is pretty good. Play me, and you won't want more buffs. I play a mean falco. I haven't seen anyone else play him as good as me yet, and mine.... still has a couple of kinks I'm trying to iron out...

Thor

Falco ditto me?

Okay, I usually look for dair follow ups, I'll try nair...

Still wish jab->grab was easier, or at least not rapid jabbing with Falcon wasn't so touchy.

Gold_TSG

Is there any chance DK could get a little more range on his running grab? Nothing too significant, just enough where it doesn't feel like what looks like should have been a grab turns out to be a miss. I've had countless matches where I'd try to go for a running grab, know I'm in range, but it still misses. It's almost useless as it is, and as a DK main, it doesn't feel proper.

NEWB

It is kinda weird that he would have a hard time grabbing, but his playstyle doesn't revolve around grabbing. Doesn't bother me since I pretty much never dash grab. I do a lot of power sheild grabbing or sheild grabbing. Instances where you want to dash grab are better left to ftilt, down b quake or barrel, or maybe dsmash if you are calling there tech.

Gold_TSG

It doesn't matter how one defines his playstyle, as he has several ways to play. No one even knew about his barrel tricks until I showed up, and I honestly think making his dash grab not-useless isn't asking much. I know everything about DK and continue to iron out my game every time I play, and this change will benefit him, as insignificant it may seem to others.