Suggestions for Brawl Minus MAX 3.3

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
I'd second gold's opinion; it seems like when running he has nothing to approach with, making combos difficult too... if no improvement to dash grab is made, then how about giving an alt dash attack to resemble the dk country barrel roll somersault thing. . Make it like kirby's dash attack and be able to choose by either tapping or holding a... I mean, his current dash attack looks kinda weird and isn't really as useful as we'd like it to be, anyway

NEWB

Why do people always feel like every character needs to be an in-your-face character? DK actually plays defensively. The only reason why you would ever run is to chase a character you hit far away from you and to do dash attack situationally. He hardly needs to spend anytime approaching people because his ftilt has godly range and will beat out most projectiles anyway. Moving towards the foe and turning around and doing utilt is also a great option when countering people.

I've never had an issue with his dash grab, but I might just know its range well. I also don't know when you (gold) mean to dash grab anyone. I need to see your DK in action before I can really say much more.

I'm not against simply buffing someone of course. I'm just against giving power where it isn't needed.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Defensively is only one way to play, and DK can do much more than that. My style is very aggressive, as you will eventually see. And his dash attack is far from useless, as it's one of his better combo starters. Tilts are useful, but you aren't using them properly if that's how you see them. They add good damage and have great range, but focusing on that to get the job done, while he can do so, SO much more?
And his dash grab is important in the situations where you stun the opponent, but are juuuust out of reach of a standing grab. His grabs are very important to his game, as most of them (that aren't his fthrow variants, which I never use), have a great deal of practical use and kill power on top of his 5% pummel.

Newb, I greatly look forward to our 1v1s, cause you need to see what DK can actually do.

Thor

Yeah his dash attack is pretty good, but Gold's ground approaches tend to be pretty linear, given the fairly large range on dash attack and the small range on dash grab (now if only I'd actually shield them instead of trying to clank or hit him out of it...).

NEWB

I never said his dash attack was bad. If you abuse it though, your opponent can very easily sheild grab it. I know it's one if his better attacks.

Thor

He only gets two out at a time.

It also makes trying to pull a Deku Nut easier (just two bombs, then start pulling!). Only once though, have I ever landed Deku Nut -> Mortal Draw... and it was against a CPU.

I actually assume it's just for making camping possible in Minus (and it seems Minusy), but I don't really know.

but he sure can spam those at someone who's offstage, since they're out of play almost immediately.

NEWB

I see no issue. The angle he throws them is very specific. You can't be mad at him for using them this way, or the same argument can be said for peach's turnips for instance.

i don't think it's that big of a deal either. just kind of wish toon link had some things that link didn't have superior versions of (at least the trap arrows are TL-only).

i wouldn't compare peach's turnips to those bombs though. pretty low chance of pulling one that can actually KO.

NEWB

They disrupt though, and make recovery impossible if you don't have a double jump. Peach is also beast at edge guarding, so it's more of a compilation thing in her case.

Hopefully toon link got the stuff he needed. It was said that he did.

They kinda made it sound like the update was sooner. It's almost no longer early April. Can't rush heinous I guess, but they should probably be using these deadlines as personal deadlines instead of public ones. They also don't need to immediately release it. I'd be fine if they finished it on Monday and announced its release for Friday or something so we could get hype for a week. :)

there's a few days left in early april.

and i can manage a few more days with professional supervision, but here's hoping it will be here very soon.. and that it's "going to be awesome".

Thor

I suggest changing the squares back into circles for representing stocks.