Most OP version of each character?

NEWB

It still flies, just not perfectly straight. Why is that a problem, when he gained rolling crate as a recovery?

Luigi cyclone works really well as it does now. That is worth a power nerf to fair because you gain a better downb as a tool.

Thor

It still flies, just not perfectly straight. Why is that a problem, when he gained rolling crate as a recovery?

Luigi cyclone works really well as it does now. That is worth a power nerf to fair because you gain a better downb as a tool.

Flying bike was hilarious enough that my brother would actually play Minus with me back when I was home.

When it got removed he stopped caring. I redownloaded and used the flying bike for a while, but kept switching back and forth and it got annoying. Then school and stuff (was over summer at some point) so eventually we stopped, but we could never pick back up because he just didn't like Smash much, except he liked the flying bike so much he'd play with me for a few hours, only as Wario, just riding around everywhere. So the Flying Bike was both awesome and somewhat meaningful to me (a reason I could actually play Smash with family and they were interested instead of just passing time). But that's neither here nor there I guess.

I think fair was supposed to be like ROB fair + laser scary (but more powerful), but I haven't played it myself so I don't know.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Dunno what you guys are talking about. Warios bair is scarier than any other move he has. It walls, it quakes, has really low startup , deals really good amount of KB and he can fart it. Its really powerfu

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
Current Fox isn't nearly as scary as he used to be. Current Sonic, however, is absolutely evil. His dash is ridiculously long, lasting about as long as ROB's old n-air delay (where he slowed down his spin), and the spike at the end as well as the extended hitbox that makes no sense. That, coupled with his d-air that kills at 0% as well as that damn spring that stays forever bestows a great amount of butthurt

NEWB

Sonic beta is better than that. He has all that plus faster homing attack, stronger Nair, and a sideb that hits you on contact.

Fox is a lot more technical than he has ever been.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Went back and did some more research and made a few changes and I just wanted to add a few notes.
1. 1.6 Wolf is definitely something I'm glad you all pointed out. He's in now, but requires more testing.

Sonic beta is better than that. He has all that plus faster homing attack, stronger Nair, and a sideb that hits you on contact.

Fox is a lot more technical than he has ever been.
2. 2.x.6 Fox. I like it. My local Fox main had some difficulty last night, mostly because we started Minus with the MAX weekly updates. Looks good so far.
3. I tried 1.6 Sonic. I may be misunderstanding everyone's comments on this version. I'm understanding that you all are saying that his SideB, the super fast dash that normally does no damage but destroys scenery, has a hitbox in 1.6. This was not the case when I tested that. The SideB was a different move entirely, reminded me of the vBrawl move, which has a hitbox. So....3.5 Sonic it is.
4. 3.3 Olimar because this was when they reworked the Pikmin to the way they are now, but it is also back before 3.5 lowered their damage output.
5. Where is the most OP Minus Yoshi? Currently have him on 3.01, a.k.a MAX 1.01.
6. 2.x.6 Samus. Also before I picked up Minus, so it'll definitely take some getting used to. I do like the double explosions on the Power Missiles though. She seems slow on the ground, but I like the way she feels in mid-air.
7. I want to correct my previous statement when I said that Wario is on 3.Q. He is actually on 3.3.
8. Pikachu is currently on 3.Q. He's pretty tough, but I'm wondering if there is a more OP build.
9. Ness was originally on 3.01 because in 3.3 they removed Bat Mode. Turns out that it was actually removed in 3.01, so I went back to MAX Ness. I like Bat Mode. Plus my combos have been pretty good as well.

Go way back for Luigi - his fair has apparently been nerfed in almost every single update according to @SunderStorm who might be able to say a bit more about it.
10. Luigi's Chop fAir is actually good on 3.Q. Now, would I be surprised if it has been nerfed over the years? No. However, going back that far also takes away some of his mobility, as well as Thunderbrand among other things. I didn't think the fAir buff was worth it.

Still working on this. Will post updates.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
3. I tried 1.6 Sonic. I may be misunderstanding everyone's comments on this version
They were referring to a specific Max beta version, back when Boost was new.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
They were referring to a specific Max beta version, back when Boost was new.
Ahh......I see where the miscommunication occurred. When they said "beta", I thought they meant first gen Minus, before 2.x.6, before 2.0. I see now. Thank you for clearing that up. I'll begin my search for that Sonic the next time I'll have some spare time.

The notorious Sonic build with the damaging SideB Dash was created in MAX .54b: Peach & R.O.B. Update. I will attempt to search my personal Minus archives to see if I have it, for I know the site's archives do not. It must the Sonic version from that update or from a full version release of version MAX .55b: Remarkably Unremarkable Update specifically, because in MAX .56b: Way Past Cool Update, the SideB no longer deals damage to characters. If anyone can donate before I find one, it would be much appreciative.
Also thanks to whoever took the time to document all the little MAX beta update changelogs. Much thanks.
I was unfortunately unable to find it online, nor did I have a copy in my archives. Relying on a donation at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Updates. Feeling much better about this fighter list.
Luigi
Pikachu
Pit
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Toon Link
Link
Roy
Ike
King Dedede
Squirtle
Sonic
Kirby
Wario
Peach
Bowser
Ice Climbers
Ivysaur
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Olimar
Marth
Zero Suit Samus
Mario
Yoshi
Falco
Snake
Sheik
Metaknight
Lucario
R.O.B
Ness
Fox
Mr. Game & Watch
Samus
Wolf
Gannondorf (cancelable) by Bent 00
Pichu by Captain Ellipsis
Still want original Royal Rampage Bowser and original Boost Sonic, but I still have no access to those files, so this is how it is.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
So, original Boost Sonic is in .54b or .55b? And original Rampage Bowser? I can check my archives for them...

BTW, would you like a version of the 3.5 Cancellable Warlock Punch with the full-power OHKO Punch? I know Thor would, ha.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
So, original Boost Sonic is in .54b or .55b? And original Rampage Bowser? I can check my archives for them...

BTW, would you like a version of the 3.5 Cancellable Warlock Punch with the full-power OHKO Punch? I know Thor would, ha.
Actually, yes, I would like that version, if possible. Your assistance is appreciated.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Well. I guess that's it then. I'll take the silence as either no one has time or no one has input. Either way, it means it's time for this:
I give you the Overpowered Patch: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8lbAI3Kpb72NUctYURsWFY3TFk/view?usp=sharing
1. Unzip the file.
2. Copy the private folder to the root of your SD card.
3. It will ask to overwrite things. Allow it.
4. Eject SD card.
5. Profit
1. The fighter files and motion files for each fighter.
2. 3 Kirby copy ability easter eggs. Merely cosmetic, I promise.
3. Organization.
Luigi
Pikachu
Pit
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Toon Link
Link
Roy
Ike
King Dedede
Squirtle
Sonic
Kirby
Wario
Peach
Bowser
Ice Climbers
Ivysaur
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Olimar
Marth
Zero Suit Samus
Mario
Yoshi
Falco
Snake
Sheik
Metaknight
Lucario
R.O.B
Ness
Fox
Mr. Game & Watch
Samus
Wolf
Gannondorf (cancelable) by Bent 00
Pichu by Captain Ellipsis
Beware: this is not made for "balance". That term flew out of the window when this endeavor began. This is a patch that will give your build, the most raw and powerful versions of each character, no matter how unfair it made their matchups. This...somehow...doesn't ruin the game, as my local group and I find it much fun to play. Enjoy. Updates will be released...maybe... If someone gives the beta Sonic and Bowser then I'll update. If someone brings an argument that another version of a character is stronger, that version will be tested and debated, and if it succeeds, I'll update. That is all. Let there be Minus.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I didn't forget about that 'Dorf edit, and there's a good chance I have that old Bowser and Sonic somewhere.

I've just been busy. I'll get to them when I can.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I didn't forget about that 'Dorf edit, and there's a good chance I have that old Bowser and Sonic somewhere.

I've just been busy. I'll get to them when I can.
We all have been. Even me. Take your time, man. This will always be here, not life.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
The most op version of Kirby at any point in minus history was probably one of the pre-1.0 versions where tilted f-smash and bair killed at 50%, dair was a proper meteor smash, and he had insane aerial mobility, although to be fair I haven't really been around for all of Kirby's minus iterations.