Most OP version of each character?

virge

Like 2.1 wario etc, i wana make my SD card have all the most broken iterations of each character.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom

NEWB

Well.... That isn't minus.

There is beta sonic, when rob had two gyros and multi jumps and stun laser, 2.6 Ike because counter eruption, 2.6 game and watch cuz insane speed, earlier version of sheik unless her new sideb trumps old sheiks.....

I don't know the details unfortunately :(

virge

can someone list some opinions im looking to replace sheik and zero suit with there most broken iterations. any help would be appreciated thanks!

NEWB

I would have to say the current zamus is the best minus version.

As for sheik, the concept would know. I guess it would be the one with better jump height and stronger fair. However, you would then have to sacrifice her new sideb for those.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I think 3.Q Captain Falcon is the best he's ever been.

The strongest *officially released* Ganondorf was in MAX 1.0. The best *unofficial* Minus 'Dorf is...

(can't mention it here, but you can figure it out easily enough)

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
The strongest *officially released* Ganondorf was in MAX 1.0. The best *unofficial* Minus 'Dorf is...

(can't mention it here, but you can figure it out easily enough)
I'm not sure if he was "stronger" per se... but I only remember the one Warlock change.

Ganon hasn't changed TOO radically throughout Minus' life, so it's no huge deal if ya aren't the particular type.

NEWB

The strongest version would be the current dorf plus cancelable warlock punch assuming bent has the most up to date Ganon.

Er.... Well I guess 3.5 is technically better actually.

Thor

can someone list some opinions im looking to replace sheik and zero suit with there most broken iterations. any help would be appreciated thanks!

DEFINITELY go to 3.3 for ZSS - in that version, down+B gave jumps back, as a recovery buff, but people hadn't realized this existed at the same time as a recovery buff already in place that made doing the kick during down+B give you down+b back - so double jump -> down+B and do the kick -> double jump -> down+b and the kick -> etc. for infinite (or nearly infinite) recovery. This was obviously removed in the build right after, but that would be far and away the best version of ZSS in terms of recovery. That one also had a much better dsmash [that was where dsmash size got buffed] and dash attack, and this was before Kien randomly nerfed fair and bair (which are, as is, still VERY powerful - and was a good move on Kien's part, it just happened to be completely out of nowhere). Nair also had zero landing lag in that build.

That ZSS was broken on so many levels, and was the best one to date by far [even ignoring the infinite double jumps it was clearly one of the strongest versions of ZSS - she was still getting buffs and not getting nerfs].

Sheik had a jump cancel on ftilt, higher jumps, and a stronger uair [and fair] at some point in the past, so look back to the MAX builds. She may not have had all that at once, but I think she did (again, there was no useful chain, but whatever). 3.3 was where Sheik first really started getting nerfs, so go to MAX or MAX 1.01 and check out Sheik's changelogs for those (3.3's tells of how nair, uair, and fair all got nerfed, so MAX 1.01 was clearly a much better Sheik).

Also multi-laser ROB is most broken probably, since I think his side+b still reflected stuff too. Just in case you want a broken ROB too [I think that would be 2.X.6 or older].

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
3.3 'Dorf lost the ability to cancel Warlock Punch, but the move was made to ignore shields in exchange.

3.5 'Dorf got an improved N-Air which links better.

3.Q 'Dorf is bad.

The two tweaks I made are based off 3.5 'Dorf, so they include the unshieldable Warlock Punch and the improved N-Air.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
I agree with Bent00 on Falcon.. he's super good right now but not broken at all.

You want 2.x.6 Falco (or was it 3.3?)Here where nair carried the opponet with your momentum and it was cancelable into almost anything.

Thor

I agree with Bent00 on Falcon.. he's super good right now but not broken at all.

You want 2.x.6 Falco (or was it 3.3?)Here where nair carried the opponet with your momentum and it was cancelable into almost anything.

Any Falco prior to MAX had a garbage recovery (worse than Captain Falcon's by a considerable margin in my opinon), but I have heard that pre-MAX nair was broken (I think 3.3 had the rapid-hitting nair, but I don't know if it had the "drag them along" property).

2.X.6 Fox (or maybe MAX?) had this amazing FireFox [THAT I WANT BACK!] where hitting with full startup did about 50%. You give up the laser buff of laser being cancellable to any A-button attacks though.

MAX Lucario would be one of the most broken [1.01 was nerfed, go with 1.00].

I have no idea for most of the rest of the cast, but I know 2.X.6 Samus apparently had some toxic (broken) attributes, so that may be someone to look at too.

?0123456789?

I remember a LONG time ago (around 2.0 or maybe earlier) Ike's counter was a OHKO. The Samus that had power missiles which also had freezing hitboxes was pretty insane too.

knives

Max Sheik- ftilt and uair and up-b ridiculousness

3.5 ZSS- same improved recovery options, but before the 3.Q nerfs to superstrong fsmash and superfast dash and dsmash attacks

Others (All-Time Brokenness):
1.6 Wolf
2.x.6 Game & Watch, Olimar, Squirtle, Toon Link's Arrows
Max ROB and Lucario

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I'll second the OP and say that I'm going to compile a Super Minus build with the most overpowered and outrageous versions of the Minus cast in all of Minus history.
All the characters will be done. These posts so far are a good start....but let's think bigger.

Thor

Max Sheik- ftilt and uair and up-b ridiculousness

3.5 ZSS- same improved recovery options, but before the 3.Q nerfs to superstrong fsmash and superfast dash and dsmash attacks

Others (All-Time Brokenness):
1.6 Wolf
2.x.6 Game & Watch, Olimar, Squirtle, Toon Link's Arrows
Max ROB and Lucario

3.3 had infinite jump glitch on ZSS that meant double jump -> down+b which refreshed jumps -> use the kick right away to refresh down+b -> repeat. I think 3.3 was stronger.

NEWB

Zamus already has great recovery. I don't know muffs came to 3.5 but those should be enough to give up the jump glitch IMO.

PermaVermin

Infinite Loser / Rodent
(noted I didn't play before 1.6, from what I understand 1.0 had some hella broken shit and I'm gonna disqualify it anyways)
Apologies if I get the build names wrong it's been a while geez. Keep in mind I have been in cryogenic sleep since midway through 2012 and the last build I played was 2.x.6 before 3.5... I think...
-----
2.0 Lucario. (Or whichever version he first got the Double Team buff, he was unquestionably the best character at the time and he's only received continual nerfs since then and he's still top 3 IMO) Genuine kudos to nerfing him to a manageable state without ruining how fun he was to play.
-----
2.X.6 Falco (pls give me my NAir cancelling back he's so dull to play now :c)
-----
2.X Bowser (personal preference; tech chasing off of the Koopa Klaw alternate throw was 2 good combined with his armored dash dance, I'm really sad the tech chase option on Koopa Klaw is gone)
Current Wario is his best build while staying true to his character completely rly proud of u guise
-----
1.6 Ness' FAir had a really (even more) dumb hitbox and damage and nothing really that significant has changed him for the better since. He's still really good.
-----
1.6 Wolf kills you off the top for FREE off his safe to just throw out for no reason tilted FSmash get rekt nerd
Snake in whatever build he had the sticky C4 because that shit was waaay too good.
-----
2.X.6 Game and Watch was a fuckin' blast to play and he was stupid fast it was great. Now he just has to resort to walk cancel sausage tossing all day and he's not great RIP :c
-----
Current Olimar like really how are you supposed to fight this thing? WHAT IS GOING ON.
-----
Current Zelda (...?) I'm unaware if she's received any nerfs since 2.X, but she completely shuts down a lot of characters and it's really silly. Still my pick for the strongest character. Whoever added her FTilt I h8 u, she was already top 3 lol
-----
Current Charizard has a projectile that kills at very low percent. Best.
-----
Current Lucas has all his old tools while getting some new ones, along with what appears to be buffs to ice properties??
-----
Any Jigglypuff build pre UAir nerf RIP UAir->Rest
-----
Whichever build Sonic's boost had a hitbox (with really good priority too) was completely stupid and I'll never forgive whoever gave him it
-----
Rob before whatever build the angle on his BAir was fixed. Y'all don't know.
-----
DK before the angle on his downwards angled FTilt was fixed. Y'all don't know.
-----
Kirby Before whatever build nerfed his hats(??)
-----
Pikachu Before whatever build nerfed his jump cancels on Thundershock and Thunder (what does he even have now? genuinely curious)
-----
Shin Akuma Mario before his metal cap nerf AKA let me do nothing but throw air fireballs all day and there's nothing you can do about it. Block them? Free grab lol. Get hit? Take 30% from just the fireballs (he could easily get 6 out per jump cycle, each doing 5%) as Mario is free to follow up with whatever. Ah I'm feeling pressured! Let me just SH back and toss some fireballs so they can't approach me from the ground at all. Mad Braindead.
-----
TL before whatever build the windbox on his DAir got nerfed after I whined about it so much. d('-' )
-----
MetaKnight Before whenever someone changed his jab thank god
-----

Aaaand those are all the characters I could remember in time before I had to leave work. Opinions, etc.