Kien's Custom Minus Build

Thor

Honestly, I'm thinking about reducing hitstun with this build. I've played Minus with Vbrawl hitstun and it felt godly.

Did you add in hitstun cancelling OR did you just adjust the hitstun multiplier to match that of Brawl (and Melee)? The former seems kinda silly to me, given the emphasis on combos, but the latter certainly sounds workable.

It could also be adjusted to be between 64 and Melee/Brawl. I believe Melee/Brawl had a .45 multiplier, and 64 had like .546... maybe we could use .5 in this build or something?.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Fixed it a long time ago. Just haven't uploaded it... because I can't test Jiggs' new up uair angle or Samus' fair which I need to fix the connectivity with.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Well. There shouldn't be any glitches or anything major. I'm gonna upload the patch in a bit. People PLEASE let me know if something is too overpowered. Jigg's uair might be the case, and I have no idea what Samus is gonna play like because I can't freaking test. I'll need you all to do the testing this time.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
I guess I should update the changelogs. They are updated in the download though which is very small... will update again soonish. Just to add a full download. Might replace the patch as well as I've tested Samus and charge shot is beyond OP. Not to mention her power bomb start up gfx isn't there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Changelog updated. Still working on some of those Zelda dair things as she's being difficult.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
So when you said that the withdrawing hit box on Ike's dair has been removed, do you mean that the attack only has hitboxes during the sweetspot of the move, or did you replace the sourspot with the sweetspot?

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Oh right. The sourspot is gone. The move is now spike or miss.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
That's boring... and worse than Brawl, unless you made the move spike for the duration of the Brawl hitbox.

It's basically like every other spiking dair. I'm sorry that you think it's boring. Ganondorf doesn't find it boring though.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Sorry that I haven't gotten around to testing Kirby yet. Been pretty busy.
Everything in the changelog sounds fine. Expect me to report back here sometime over the weekend.

Thor

It's basically like every other spiking dair. I'm sorry that you think it's boring. Ganondorf doesn't find it boring though.

Well Ganondorf's dair did that in Brawl. Ike's was designed that "Oh I stuck a sword in you, it's gonna hit even if I'm not bringing it down right now" or something like that.

I guess Falco's dair just appreciates being better than ever relative to other dairs in terms of edgeguarding.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
But he doesn't stick the sword in them. He swings it down. it shouldn't hit when he slowly brings it back up. Otherwise all sword attacks should do that.

OH, I just finished Samus. FINALLY. I got to test everything and fine tune things to where I think she's ready. Also added a few stages in, replaced a few. Next patch you can expect to see the return of Minus versions of Norfair and Yoshi's Island Melee, alongside some other stages that were never in Minus.

Thor

But he doesn't stick the sword in them. He swings it down. it shouldn't hit when he slowly brings it back up. Otherwise all sword attacks should do that.

OH, I just finished Samus. FINALLY. I got to test everything and fine tune things to where I think she's ready. Also added a few stages in, replaced a few. Next patch you can expect to see the return of Minus versions of Norfair and Yoshi's Island Melee, alongside some other stages that were never in Minus.

Well I look at it as three phases:

1) Thrusts sword down
2) Sword briefly lingers
3) He pulls his sword back up slowly

I just wanted hitboxes on 1) and 2), not 3, if that makes sense.

Good to hear new stages will be in, and old beloved stages (Minus Norfair!) will be back.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Well I look at it as three phases:

1) Thrusts sword down
2) Sword briefly lingers
3) He pulls his sword back up slowly

I just wanted hitboxes on 1) and 2), not 3, if that makes sense.
Well, #2 doesn't really have a purpose, so....

Thor

Well, #2 doesn't really have a purpose, so....

That would be the half of the sourspot I didn't want remove, i.e., yeah you didn't hit the spike but you aren't going to just look like an idiot with your sword stuck in them as you wait for the endlag to end.

Also it makes the move much riskier... and I don't really think Ike's dair needed more risk... tone back the sourspot and adjust the angle sure, but making it fully gone just seems bleh to me.