Brawl Minus 4.0b is here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pin Clock, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Thor

Thor Well-Known Member

Minnesota (for summer), UIUC (for school year)
    B- FC:
    4986-6645-6355
    BUT NOT FALCON'S KNEE

Comboing into usmash actually wouldn't bother me... really strong? YES. Safe on shield? NOPE [or it shouldn't be]. The point is that counter spam is currently viewed as too safe, and if you made it only cancellable with a smash attack, it would do a wonderful job of making counter more risky [and also more rewarding, where you want to convert into another move instead of just pressing counter again].

2. Bent 00

Bent 00 Longtime Limit Breaker

B- FC:
    1461-6025-1473
    The occasional "Yes" (on Knee) or "Show me ya moves" (on Falcon Dive) is not nearly as annoying as "Y-Y-You're too slow" or "C-C-Come on, st-C-C-C-Come on, step it up".

Spam is bad, and encouraging it is bad. It's not funny.

Maybe it's just the stuttering that bothers me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
  3. Mariosonicman1

Mariosonicman1 Active Member

Main:
    well also think of it like a play stratagy for sonic. if sonic annoys his enemies, then hes gonna get them agitaited that they will mess up more or play more aggressively. making them play into sonics hand.
    meaning more annoyences = more open hits.
    besides. if you had fun fighting agenst a sonic. 1. then he would start to be way to predictable to fight. 2. somethings not right.

4. Bent 00

B- FC:
    1461-6025-1473
    Since when is being annoying considered a desirable design trait, and "fun to fight against" an undesirable one? I don't get it. :(

While we're talking about Sonic:
    His D-Air still kills too early at ledge-height or below. It stuns its target for too long -- we should be able to jump out of said stun sooner.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
  5. Pin Clock

Pin Clock Project Leader Minus Backroom

Boost's cooldown and Sonic's weight decrease was all to make him more fun to fight against. I don't think anyone else here finds Sonic's voice clip usage annoying in a way that makes him unenjoyable.

6. Lucis Perficio

Lucis Perficio Radiant Hero of Blue Flames

Main:
    Sounds like someone has trouble against Sonic? lol

7. Bent 00

B- FC:
    1461-6025-1473
    True, and those changes are appreciated.

I guess I'm the only one that hates st-st-stuttering v-v-voice c-c-clips.

I don't get to fight many good Sonic players, so I wouldn't know.

Sounds like he's still universally thought of as "annoying to play against" in Minus, though... and that seems like a bad thing.

At any rate, Sonic's D-Air killing so early is a much bigger problem. Let's talk about that.

8. Cheetaboy

Cheetaboy New Member

Main:
    Would anyone like to play my F-C is 2750-0758-1711

9. Cheetaboy

Cheetaboy New Member

Main:
    I also get an error when i try and create a room, my game freezes, is this supposed to happen :(

10. Lucis Perficio

Lucis Perficio Radiant Hero of Blue Flames

Main:
    I know Sonic can be annoying. I have a friend that plays him pretty well, but ultimately what it comes down to is reads considering i use slower characters (Ike, Bowser, Ganondorf). Generally the only way I end up losing is by some trickery like dair->footstool at low percents for example. But a well-developed mind game can have him zipping in places he wouldn't want to zip

11. Pin Clock

He's not thought of universally as "Annoying to play against", he's just thought of as "annoying", and in this sense, "annoying" is a good thing that gives him more personality.

We'll look into dAir more for full release.

12. Cheetaboy

Cheetaboy New Member

Main:
    has any1 by chance already played online with someone, does it mess up for any1 else?

13. Mawootad

Mawootad Minus Backroom

B- FC:
    1509-2394-9354
    Main:
    Bent 00
    The gravity and fallspeed changes are a global, assembly level change to all characters attributes. Lucario is floaty in 4.0b because he's floaty in 3.Q, not because we gave him special attribute tweaks to keep him as a slow faller.

Edit:
    Can you explain in more detail?

14. Bent 00

B- FC:
    1461-6025-1473
    Thanks for the clarification. I guess its floatiness is just more noticeable to me, now that everyone falls a little faster. Some characters are affected by this more than others -- I could compare it to a tax increase, where heavies are poor and lightweights are rich. The heavies needed every bit of airtime they had in 3.Q, and now they have 10% less of it... while the floaters aren't bothered by the reduction at all; they still have plenty left.

Is the new 1.1x gravity most likely here to stay, or is it just experimental?

Does anyone think any of the cast feel too heavy now?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
  15. Cheetaboy

Cheetaboy New Member

Main:
    do you think you could maybe try to play online with me, im not sure if it works for me, i tried to create a room for friends and it just froze

16. Cheetaboy

Cheetaboy New Member

Main:
    I belive the glitch happened with 3 roys on screen when i tried, i restarted, and it works, do u still want to play though :p (PS do u know where i can find people to play?)

17. Bent 00

B- FC:
    1461-6025-1473
  18. Swoosh_

Swoosh_ New Member

Main:
    i downloaded brawl minus and im almost 100% sure that i did it right but its still not working can anybody show me a picture of what the sd card should look like would really help

19. Mawootad

Mawootad Minus Backroom

B- FC:
    1509-2394-9354
    Main:
    If you have three Roys on screen the issue is deeper than online play. I'd guess there's something wrong with your hook type, but it's hard to say; the hotfix we're releasing pretty soon will change how Roy and Pichu load, so if your hooktype is already AXNextFrame try seeing if the hotfix solves things.

20. Pin Clock

IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED 4.0b BEFORE SEPTEMBER 6TH
    We have released a hotpatch that fixes a few minor bugs (BrawlEX 2.0 and the Knuckles Texture is added, the Battlefield Freeze/Muted glitch). In addition to this, we also added an Unlock All Stages Code. Please download this and replace the appropriate files with these fixed ones!

Download the hot patch here

21. Mawootad

Mawootad Minus Backroom

B- FC:
    1509-2394-9354
    Main:
    The root of the SD card should contain the folders Apps, Codes, and Private. Make sure you're extracting the contents of the 4.0b folder onto your SD card, not the folder itself.

22. Swoosh_

Swoosh_ New Member

Main:
    btw im also doing this on no homebrew

23. Mariosonicman1

Mariosonicman1 Active Member

Main:
    will the hotfix just replace the files it needs to? or will i have to do something complex again?

24. Swoosh_

Swoosh_ New Member

Main:
    can somebody just send me a picture of what the sd card should look like?

25. Pin Clock

just replace the files it needs to!