Brawl Minus 4.0b is here!

NEWB

I believe you need to rename st stacksmash to just st.

Shouldnt they also need to check their rsbe codes? Go into codes folder. You should see multiple rsbe codes and one of them says stacksmash. Rename that to just rsbe01 and rename rsbe to anything else.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
The codes folder should not affect smash stack execution and the stage name is correct. Try deleting all of the custom stages on your Wii (I'm assuming you're on an NTSC-U console, if you aren't that's your problem), restarting your Wii, then remove the SD card, load up ssbb, insert the SD card, then try to load up smash stack. Sadly if you have everything configured correctly and it doesn't work there aren't a lot of troubleshooting steps I can find.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Or just install Homebrew.

With the current state of it there is almost a 0% chance of bricking it.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
I didn't realize they threw me out the window...

Is the new 1.1x gravity most likely here to stay, or is it just experimental?

Does anyone think any of the cast feel too heavy now?
It's experimental. If the majority thinks it as a positive change though, then it could become a permanent change to Minus.

I should totes make the skype group. Everybody likes ol Kien, and I could use some motivation to get back into Minus. Maybe I might get tired of Smash 4 top tiers and come back sometime.

being able to kill at 60 because you got a grab or a b-air at the edge is a little insane in my opinion when stocks usually last to later percents.
Well, I wouldn't say it was insane at all in Minus. Just off the top of my head you can die much earlier in situations with bad DI or from being read.
Falcon's knee chain, Falco's fair chain, Link's boomerang to Great spin, Ganondorf's... anything after a flame choke. D3s side smash, Ike's Eruption... the list goes on. There are tons of pre 60% KOs. Just try not to be read as hard.

I'm having the same problem Swoosh is having, no matter what I've tried it refuses to launch from the Stage Builder menu. Here's what the files look like on my SD card, it's a 2GB that uses the FAT format if that helps point out any problems. The SD card works fine with Project M, so I really don't know why it won't run Minus.
If this wasn't resloved already, I always ran FAT32. FAT wouldn't work for me.

Same problem as these people. Fat32 didn't help me. Could the system volume information folder be a problem? I never had that before getting win10.

The root should contain the contents of the 4.0 public beta folder in the root of the zip, and not the contents of the 4.0 public beta folder in the _MACOSX folder, right?

Edit: Tried them both with no difference, so nevermind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
The root should contain the contents of the 4.0 public beta folder in the root of the zip, and not the contents of the 4.0 public beta folder in the _MACOSX folder, right?
Correct. Always Always ignore MACOSX

I hate having to use a mac for everything, I'm so sorry

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
w0t

What kind of school requires Mac OS?

No nevermind. I'll hook you up with a sexy Linux that looks 1:1 with Mac OS.
Adobe programs and compatibility with the school's computers.

Also, Brawl Minus discussion. I really actually need to play more 4.0b, but never get the chance.

Doqtor Kirby

Minus Backroom
Adobe programs and compatibility with the school's computers.

Also, Brawl Minus discussion. I really actually need to play more 4.0b, but never get the chance.
Lol Adobe. I can find an open source alternative for anything Adobe puts out.
4.0b... Maybe you should play more of it. Get a powerful enough computer when Netplay comes out if you can't play on the Wii version all the time. You can fite my SD: The Character.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
The new gravity makes me cry.
What don't you like about it? Does it ruin a favorite combo, or does a character just feel too heavy now, or what?

[to all] You know what we should do in addition to the Character Demo vids? Start posting good matches on YouTube again.

Glyph used to do a great job of that with DukeBattleDrive, but I guess he's done with it now...

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
[to all] You know what we should do in addition to the Character Demo vids? Start posting good matches on YouTube again.
Send me all your replayz. I'm uploading stuff tomorrow so give me your cool replays. Really. Now.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
You're asking me, and you have a Ganon too.
I do, but due to work, I haven't had the chance to really play 4.0b for a good length of time yet -- and I only have the CPU to fight locally. :/

My first impression from playing less than an hour was that 'Dorf feels too heavy now, but I didn't think I should complain much until I spend more time with the new gravity; I haven't given it a fair chance yet.

What are your thoughts? I assume you've spent much more time trying it out than I have.

On a different, semi-related subject...

About the new Gandouken -- would someone please remind me where it came from? Wasn't it made by a outside dev who gave us permission to use it? I'd like to look up that person's work to see what else he's done... Was it from an early build of Ashingda's Triforce Ganondorf mod? That project is coming along very nicely.

Here's a couple of small issues I found that I might as well mention:

If you look closely, Gandouken doesn't line up perfectly with Ganondorf's arm. This is most noticeable in the aerial version.

A suggestion for an improvement to Warlock Punch: Make 'Dorf Invincible during the 2 frames the 666% damage hitbox is active.

Why? Because it's silly when a grab coincides with the Punch -- the victim takes the 666% damage, but lands the grab and isn't moved. Maybe the Gandouken should get those 2 Invincibility frames too.

I've attempted to fix these two issues myself in my latest version of [CENSORED].

AangNaruto

I've been lurking here for quite some time and decided it's finally time to post something.

I've played brawl- since shortly after it's release. Though it may not be quite as novel as some of the older versions (that feeling in max of "oh, I can kill my opponent from across the stage with this pikmim I navigated there!) this version feels like a more complete, competitive game, and I feel like the change in gravity goes a long way to help that. I haven'the felt like anyone'seen recover's been super nerfed, either. I pretty much make it back or die offscreen everytime (then again, there person I play with doesn't know how to edge guard athe all, so that could be it)

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
I've played 4.0b for at least 10 hours since it's been released, both with friends and on my own.

The gameplay is overall smoother for just about every character. Unlike beforew where I would be able to effortlessly defeat all my friends and they'd be forced to team up against me, I actually have a good chance of losing now, and the game feels fair.

From playing solo I do notice that the AI is just a tad bit more sophisticated, but that they ignore obvious combos and sometimes have trouble edge-guarding as well as returning safely to the stage.

TheRealF8

You make a good point. Guess it is just one of the safer options.
I didn't realize they threw me out the window...

It's experimental. If the majority thinks it as a positive change though, then it could become a permanent change to Minus.

I should totes make the skype group. Everybody likes ol Kien, and I could use some motivation to get back into Minus. Maybe I might get tired of Smash 4 top tiers and come back sometime.

Well, I wouldn't say it was insane at all in Minus. Just off the top of my head you can die much earlier in situations with bad DI or from being read.
Falcon's knee chain, Falco's fair chain, Link's boomerang to Great spin, Ganondorf's... anything after a flame choke. D3s side smash, Ike's Eruption... the list goes on. There are tons of pre 60% KOs. Just try not to be read as hard.

If this wasn't resloved already, I always ran FAT32. FAT wouldn't work for me.

Doqtor Kirby

Minus Backroom
I do, but due to work, I haven't had the chance to really play 4.0b for a good length of time yet -- and I only have the CPU to fight locally. :/

My first impression from playing less than an hour was that 'Dorf feels too heavy now, but I didn't think I should complain much until I spend more time with the new gravity; I haven't given it a fair chance yet.

What are your thoughts? I assume you've spent much more time trying it out than I have.
Ganon is indeed too heavy. A lot of things that work in Q no longer work in b and Ganon basically requires a complete relearning because of it. In essence Ganon no longer has any aerial prowess (he had a bit in Q but it's gone now) and is now limited to ground combos and Gandouken spacing.

I have picked up Wolf until something is done about it either reverted gravity or something on Ganon to compensate.