Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I feel your pain, Doq.
My friend LIVES for his arrows.
And dair.
Then I show him what it's like when I FIGHT MY FRIENDS.

Glyph

Doesn't the ice last longer if the arrow is charged first? That might have been a dream I dunno

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Doesn't the ice last longer if the arrow is charged first? That might have been a dream I dunno

It used to before Q came out. Which increased the effectiveness of mashing while frozen.

Glyph

Glyph resets the bracket 3-1! Unfortunately, I've also got to run for the night so the last set of the tourney has to wait until later this weekend. WHO'S GOING TO BE CROWNED CHAMPION?! WILL GLYPH DEFEND HIS GLORIOUS TITLE OR WILL OWO TAKE THE BDOT THRONE?!?!?

Thor

@owo , if you want some advice I have some for each game (though I'm sure you know nearly all of it, if not all of it). If you don't want to read it or don't care just ignore the rest of this post [I spoilered it]:

Game 1: You showed Glyph why not to use Ness in this MU - good job.
Game 2: If you shorthop those opening lasers you have less lag (though I assume you tried to), and can move forward or stay where you are as you do them. At low percents when near the edge and laser's charged, DI dsmash upward - getting combo'd more is always better than being offstage when lasers are charged and you're in hitstun, and that move has too little lag on it for you to jump or reflect to avoid laser if the read is made. It was probably the right move not to just go for ledge, but going for ledge is often safer against ROB...
Game 3: More lasers on Frigate from afar - they help control space and force ROB airborne - if you can do them, SHDL make walls that ROB can't exactly side+b through (And they stop his gyros if they hit them), and you can also just do 2 or 3 lasers total so they're low commitment on opposite side of the stage while setting up a side+B JC or just running in (or more lasers, and at other heights to force different approach heights - high lasers to keep them grounded, etc.). Technically you could've survived that dair KO but that angle is the hard one in lag and lag sucks -_- so that's life [or death]. Nice escaping those nair combos though - and after you escape the second nair, always watch the ROB - if his head pulls back, you need to automatically airdodge or reflector to stop the laser that's incoming.
Game 4: Always reflect gyros unless you plan to not side+b for a while, since they intercept the move on the ground if they aren't yours. If you have a friend who can follow DI and use ROB fair, practice the DI on ROB fair chains - you were DIing into them, at least at the start of this match - I believe you should DI down and away or directly away - this should be your go-to DI below 50% or so (you might wish to test this on your own to figure out DI options on the move, ROB fair is really good). GREAT grounded tech at about 40 seconds in on the ROB laser. You seem to look for fsmash charge a bit more than I'd expect - while it does work, consider going for a fair at low percents - it can link into itself for stupid early offstage gimps (I have KO'd people at 30% with it) - while it is his most situational aerial, it works rather well on ROB. Out of dthrow at high percents, you can phantasm -> JC usmash (charge or not) intstead of just running after the opponent - it can score KOs well and you can also just jump out of the phantasm if they DI high for bair or something. From my experience, Firebird is hard for ROB to dair you out of - if laser is not charged, try just firebirding out of gyro range once in a while, it may help. You can also walljump out of side+B and then jump to grab ledge to make it harder for ROB to hit you. You don't seem to side+B to short-hop aerial much but that's a really good option to add to mixups. If the opponent is not near the ledge, keep in mind below 100% regular ledge climb is good, and you can always drop off the ledge and just jump back on without phantasm so that they don't always try to punish a phantasm onstage (or if they do, you'll get onstage easy).

Good luck in set 2 owo : D Show 'em how Falco butters his prey!

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom

Thor

Glyph takes the second set 3-0! BDOT #4 FINALLY COMES TO A CLOSE!

Broke my heart @owo .

Broke my dang heart man...

But next time I hope to be in bracket, then in terms of Falco trouble, well, we'll
make_it_double_by_luigidude1800-d41bgel.png

Last edited by a moderator: