Brawl Minus 4.0b is here!

BeepBoopWAH

Wah, wah, HYUHH
I went to choose Temple and the picture that popped up was still of Temple Minus, and then when I actually chose it the game just made the buzz of death.

Mariosonicman1

you say roys broken, i just wish his final smash sped up its execution a bit, or the enemies moved slower for alot longer, it just goes on to long for anyway to get hit by it from far away without giving roy some stun or grounded move.

Mariosonicman1

bleh, even when redoing the installing thing... it still crashes when i try to do co-op home run contest... i just dont get it....

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
im stoked to play this...... but pichus weight has been incressed? god pichu is gonna fall faster then ganondorf landing his one hit ko.
Weight and gravity are two different things. Weight is a multiplier that affects how much knockback you take, more weight is (for the most part) less knockback. Gravity is how fast the character accelerates downwards in the air. While not mentioned in the changelog (seems we missed that), a lot of Pichu's attributes have changed in 4.0b, with Pichu's weight increasing and gravity decreasing.

Also can't cancel Ike's quickdraw into specials at all anymore on the ground.

Eruption out of aerial quickdraw remains, but can't even counter out of a grounded quickdraw bruh :/
Don't think this was intentional, we'll look into bringing the special cancel back.

Is it intended for Sonic's Boost to be uninterruptible during the first 20 frames? Boost-pivot-grab is proving impossible at short ranges.
There shouldn't have been any changes to boost other than the timer, so we'll look into that.

Mariosonicman1

pichu doesnt fall faster? oh thank god. pichu shall live and show her adorable terror.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Okay so is Roy's dair still a meteor? Or does it spike? I can't test it with sucky computers.

Can't be bothered to read the changelogs? The answer you seek is below...

Down Air
Growth increased by 7 on all hitboxes.
Damage increased by 1%.

I'm reeeeeeally happy with how the gravity has affected characters like Sheik, Puff, and Falcon.

Falcon is actually noticeably easier to control. Good work guys. My roommate and I will be playing the fuck out of this.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Just a minor thing, but if they aren't in the codeset, the Unlock All Music and Unlock All Stages codes should be in it when 4.0 comes out of beta.
That's what I thought when looking into Netplay capabilities. Will bring it up.

Mariosonicman1

you said footstool code was removed right? then how come i can still footstool enemies?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
you said footstool code was removed right? then how come i can still footstool enemies?
You can still footstool normally, you just can't footstool with taunts at the moment.

If you miss that feature, I could post a 4.0b codeset with Magus's and ds22 taunt = footstool codes in it.

The TYPE 3 version should be added to the next update, the devs just want to test it out themselves first.

NEWB

Guys, make sure 4.0b is a fresh install, not a patch.

And the wrong version of brawl ex was used by mitsake as stated in the bug report thread. They are apparently hot patching it today.

You should probably tell people to fresh install 4.0b in the op.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
About Lucario...

Is it just me, or is he way too floaty compared to everyone else? The higher gravity doesn't faze it at all.

I think you should have kept his Double Team move limited to the slower version up until 75% damage. It's too easy to spam.

Didn't one of the devs say that he would add in a sparkle effect or something that would warn us which way Lucario is warping in from, out of Double Team? Seriously, that move is obnoxious when spammed, and not easy to punish since he can come from two directions, and there is no visual cue to tell which one.

I still wish Lucario wouldn't say "It's over" every time he uses Double Team. A friend of mine spams the move like crazy...

"It'soverit'soverit'soverit'soverit'soverit'sover..."

Please
bring back the slow version of it up until 75%.

I hoped the double Extreme Speed would get removed too, but that seems to be here to stay...

Thanks for taking out Close Combat, that was much too powerful.

And one thing about Charizard: Should it really be able to cancel out of Rock Smash? That move is so good, I think it should have to commit to it like Falcon and 'Dorf have to commit to their Punches.

On the same note, I wonder if Lucas should really be allowed to jump cancel PK Freeze...

And Ice Climbers should definitely not be able to slide around during Blizzard. That technique is OP when they're desynced.

NEWB

What are the stats of rock smash? I doubt its as powerful as powerful as either falcons or dorfs punch.
Why shouldnt lucas be able to jc pk freeze? Do you think its undeserved since he got more shield damage?

ICs lost their grab cancel out of sideb for a jc. Cant you just shield his attacks freely now?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
What are the stats of rock smash? I doubt its as powerful as powerful as either falcons or dorfs punch.

It's not just about the damage -- "18" boulder + 3x "5" floating rocks -- it's more about the utility. Those 3 floating rocks are a pain to get around!

Why shouldnt lucas be able to jc pk freeze? Do you think its undeserved since he got more shield damage?
I'm not saying that for sure, but it seems excessive considering its power. Does anyone else have any input on this? I don't fight Lucas often at all.

ICs lost their grab cancel out of sideb for a jc. Cant you just shield his attacks freely now?
All I know is that when I played BC's ICs, his desynced sliding Blizzard was nearly impossible to counter.

Hmm... Should we should start a 4.0b Feedback thread, or is it OK to post discussions like this in the official release thread?

TheRealF8

The change logs didn't give me a yes or no answer like I was looking for. Just because something is not in the changelogs, that doesn't say anything about it existing. It is easy to accidentally forget to include something in such a large list.

Thor

I hope Roy was nerfed... He was broken beyond reason in 3.q.

Have never seen any proof that Roy was broken ever. I'd love to see what made him so broken, but I personally never had any trouble with even some of the best Roys [at least not to an extent where I thought he was broken].

Yoshi... Yoshi was broken. Roy had some good stuff, but I found no evidence that he had any truly broken stuff.

Can't be bothered to read the changelogs? The answer you seek is below...

Down Air
Growth increased by 7 on all hitboxes.
Damage increased by 1%.

There are no intentional spikes in Minus, only meteors [unless the BR has undergone a design change, at which point I'm going to either complain about spikes at all or push for early part of Warlock Kick airborne, Falcon's chest hitboxes on dair, and Falco's first frame of dair (leaving the rest alone) to all be spikes]. If there was a glitch with Roy meteor being a spike, and it wasn't removed, that's an issue.

It's not just about the damage -- "18" boulder + 3x "5" floating rocks -- it's more about the utility. Those 3 floating rocks are a pain to get around!

I'm not saying that for sure, but it seems excessive considering its power. Does anyone else have any input on this? I don't fight Lucas often at all.

All I know is that when I played BC's ICs, his desynced sliding Blizzard was nearly impossible to counter.

Hmm... Should we should start a 4.0b Feedback thread, or is it OK to post discussions like this in the official release thread?

Never knew Rock Smash had a cancel... seems unnecessary, with armor, obscene damage, and lingering hitboxes.

Lucas PK Freeze cancel isn't OP, but it does make the move not-useless [seriously, PK Flash and PK Freeze suck, and I think PK Flash is almost as bad a move as Warlock Punch since it was supposed to have a cancel but if it does, I can't find it].

Desynced Blizzard really isn't that good. Sure, it looks cute, but it has low damage output and I don't think it leads in to much. Also if you're Falcon or Ganondorf, you can probably fullhop stomp them and then just kill them outright because Ganondorf/Falcon + ICs being lightweights = GG.

EDIT: Also Bent 00 there doesn't seem to have been an angle change on Sonic dair... can you check how early that move kills again? I don't have stuff on me, but I'd be curious when Sonic offstage dair at ledge height is certain death [since the changelog seems to indicate it can't be meteor-canceled still].

TheRealF8

So why is MKs up smash even necessary? It used to be what is now the up-B. The up-B > down-B combo kills ROB at 76%. Up-smash has NO true followups. That kills ROB at 153%... The only plus side to this move is that it is kind of safe. It has low cool down and you can run away after, but considering it does 11% and is generally used on opponents in the air, I don't see how really low end lag is necessary. And the up-B actually cancels at the apex of the jump, so it is just as safe, if not safer considering the fast and safe aerials MK has. Either way, I like pretty much every change that came with metaknight. Up-airs string together but not really any of his other aerials which is okay, but he can get big percent combos even with his little percent moves.

TheRealF8

Roy had a forward throw chain grab (still kind of does) which led to being dragged to the edge and killed at 50-70% depending on the stage. Based on the fact that the chain grab only needed like half a walk step until 25%, it was definitely possible to zero-death at certain parts of certain stages. Forward throw lead and still does into forward air, which is really good at killing, and now is even better because the second hit can be jump canceled into a meteor which leads to an uncomfortable position, especially if you miss your jump-canceled meteor animation. But prior to the patch he could zero-death without any practice or skill. Nevermind his neutral game. Also, Roy's D-air was never a spike FYI.

Have never seen any proof that Roy was broken ever. I'd love to see what made him so broken, but I personally never had any trouble with even some of the best Roys [at least not to an extent where I thought he was broken].

Yoshi... Yoshi was broken. Roy had some good stuff, but I found no evidence that he had any truly broken stuff.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Is Lucario's aura not a thing anymore? All of his aura moves do the same amount of damage and KB at both 0 and 200-300 percent. Idk if this was intentional or not. If it is, then Lucario's ultrataunt kinda makes no sense now.