Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
So I dunno if this has been asked before but would the Brawl Minus team ever mod Smash 4 in a distant future where the possibility may or may not exist?

Me and a few other team members have expressed interest in looking into Smash 4, but we would like to see how the meta develops first, and I'm not gonna make any promises right now.

Also, I'll write up my thoughts on the demo soon, since I've been playing it extensively.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Me and a few other team members have expressed interest in looking into Smash 4, but we would like to see how the meta develops first, and I'm not gonna make any promises right now.

Also, I'll write up my thoughts on the demo soon, since I've been playing it extensively.

Yeah that sounds perfectly fair and reasonable. I think the meta is gonna be great if they allow Custom specials which could make some people more viable (Megaman comes to mind) although I'm sketchy about the use of equipment to outright change stats. We'll see but Sm4sh in general looks fantastic so far!

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom

Pin, how do you feel about ICs not being in the game? You make me cry Sakurai.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom

I can understand why he didn't include them, but it's still extremely depressing, especially as a vBrawl ICs main, Melee ICs sub, and making sure the ICs are still somewhat decent in Minus.

I just hope their files are preserved in the WiiU version since he said he got them working there. If they're not in the WiiU version, that is. In that case I'll be mad that the 3DS version held the WiiU version back.

Thor

Totally unrelated, but was the "Su-purr Smash cats" image in your signature ever updated?

If so, I want to see the cat that represents Duck Hunt Dog.

PowerUp

LOL @ everyone who thinks ICs were removed due to hardware limitations. Don't be butthurt. He just decided not to include them, that's all. 3DS is closer in power to the Wii than the Gamecube.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
LOL @ everyone who thinks ICs were removed due to hardware limitations. Don't be butthurt. He just decided not to include them, that's all. 3DS is closer in power to the Wii than the Gamecube.

That's why their crowd cheer was already found, as well as various other things like them having the same amount of files as playable characters and Sakurai saying they were working fine in the WiiU version. Right?

Thor

No. Hardware limitations were exactly why he didn't add them [I'm not angry either, I get it, but it's the truth.]

Sakurai said it himself: http://www.latintimes.com/super-sma...firms-no-ice-climbers-and-explains-why-262292

Also, prepare to have all you know about DI flipped on its head, because instead of DI, we have vectoring: http://smashboards.com/threads/vect...luence-in-smash-4.368780/page-8#post-17605959

Essentially, all those times you accidentally were holding down when a usmash hit you will now actually help you survive (but holding up will kill you earlier).

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Essentially, all those times you accidentally were holding down when a usmash hit you will now actually help you survive (but holding up will kill you earlier).

I always assumed DI was what vectoring is supposed to be until today when they explained DI just angles your KB direction. So Sakurai decided to basically add something that everyone who wasn't in the know assumed DI was. You kinda naturally hold the stick in the direction opposite where you're being KO'd if you don't know about DI or just don't know any better anyway so I guess this is good and bad.

Everyone's main concern right now is that this'll ruin combos because you can just vector out of em.

Thor

I doubt it, it's been said that vectoring will help less at lower percents (the higher your percent, the more it helps, or so I've read), so then it would give a bit of extra oomph but not actually get you out far enough.

That could also just lead to edgeguard set-ups easier.

PowerUp

That's why their crowd cheer was already found, as well as various other things like them having the same amount of files as playable characters and Sakurai saying they were working fine in the WiiU version. Right?

Umm...yes? That's exactly right. Having trouble reading, Pin?

Thor

Umm...yes? That's exactly right. Having trouble reading, Pin?

You had implied there was zero intention to ever include them - Pin Clock's evidence is proof to the contrary.

Also see my post about this stuff (the one that also mentions vectoring, or "Distance Influence" as I like to call it [should be abbreviated DI]).

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
I don't get why Ice Climbers couldn't be Wii U exclusive..
To keep the games even. Look how much complaining you get for keeping the games EVEN. Imagine if Wii U got Ice Climbers, and 3DS got (For the sake of argument, and keeping with Veterans...) Mewtwo. Would you prefer this to slashing Ice Climbers? (Actually.. Yes. Yes I would. Fuck you Nintendo.)
If the Wii U has SSE compared to 3DS's Smash Run, then that is unfair, and not even. But Smash Run will have an equivalent (I'm assuming. If I'm wrong, then riot.) in Wii U, not a lesser/better game mode. Charater differences, on the other hand, is a MASSIVE loss/gain for the respective system. Worse, what if instead off 3DS getting a veteran equivalent, it gets NOTHING? Then the Wii U is the better game, by a large margin. Then no one buys the game for 3DS, and the ones who do, well. Either murder or suicide would spike on release of Wii U.
This is long winded (For me.), and terribly formatted. Basically, sales are better if they cut Ice Climbers. that's IT. Make it without IC and make profit, or not make it and at least not lose money. I would prefer IC-less (And, even Lucas/Snake/Wolf-less) Sm4sh, to no Sm4sh at all.
This is a very simplistic overblown opinion. For all those who read this, sorry. LUCAS. :(

Thor

To keep the games even. Look how much complaining you get for keeping the games EVEN. Imagine if Wii U got Ice Climbers, and 3DS got (For the sake of argument, and keeping with Veterans...) Mewtwo. Would you prefer this to slashing Ice Climbers? (Actually.. Yes. Yes I would. Fuck you Nintendo.)
If the Wii U has SSE compared to 3DS's Smash Run, then that is unfair, and not even. But Smash Run will have an equivalent (I'm assuming. If I'm wrong, then riot.) in Wii U, not a lesser/better game mode. Charater differences, on the other hand, is a MASSIVE loss/gain for the respective system. Worse, what if instead off 3DS getting a veteran equivalent, it gets NOTHING? Then the Wii U is the better game, by a large margin. Then no one buys the game for 3DS, and the ones who do, well. Either murder or suicide would spike on release of Wii U.
This is long winded (For me.), and terribly formatted. Basically, sales are better if they cut Ice Climbers. that's IT. Make it without IC and make profit, or not make it and at least not lose money. I would prefer IC-less (And, even Lucas/Snake/Wolf-less) Sm4sh, to no Sm4sh at all.
This is a very simplistic overblown opinion. For all those who read this, sorry. LUCAS. :(

You, sir, are massively overreacting.

Also the games are already stated to be vastly uneven - Wii U has more music and stages, and it will NOT have Smash Run (has been stated to be 3DS exclusive) but WILL have other game modes [or so I've read] to compensate.

Glyph

I just think its a shame that ICs got the axe the same generation chain grabs die off and they would have just been a real character.

DubLTeamz

You, sir, are massively overreacting.
Meh, I know. I'll be over it tomorrow, when the demo is released. Then I will find Eshop is crashed, and rage some more. Then start downloading the demo when Eshop is back up, and rage when my internet goes out and I have to restart. Then I'll be fine cause I can finally play it. Then rage at my basic inability to beat the cheating CPUs. THEN be cool cause I wreck CPUs, and rage when Human players beat me. Its an eternal cycle. Makes life interesting. :p

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
No. Hardware limitations were exactly why he didn't add them [I'm not angry either, I get it, but it's the truth.]

Sakurai said it himself: http://www.latintimes.com/super-sma...firms-no-ice-climbers-and-explains-why-262292

Also, prepare to have all you know about DI flipped on its head, because instead of DI, we have vectoring: http://smashboards.com/threads/vect...luence-in-smash-4.368780/page-8#post-17605959

The sad thin is that the new 3ds will probably be able to handle ICs. Also VI makes waaaay more sense than DI.

DubLTeamz

I agree. DI was hard for me to get the hang of, cause my brain said, "NO! Don't fly UP toward the blastline! Go AWAY from it!" Can't wait to see how it effects combos. And how many Melee people cry bloody murder. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
I agree. DI was hard for me to get the hang of, cause my brain said, "NO! Don't fly UP toward the blastline! Go AWAY from it!" Can't wait to see how it effects combos. And how many Melee people cry bloody murder. :rolleyes:
To be fair, it DOES make combos even more scarce then they already were...:oops:

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
No it doesn't.
If I understand it right, then VI makes follow ups more difficult since your opponent can push themselves away from you and go out of range, assuming they VI away from you... Right?