Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Well, you can't really call random people names repeatedly and nearly start a flame war then apologize and expect it to be over in my opinion. Not sure what Thor thinks though.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I find the third custom UpB for Luigi hilarious for some reason. That plummet of doom is just too perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Eh. I'm over it. I have no plans to continue. A little dispute on a forum shouldn't matter that much. It's the internet it's how it always been. Just be glad I'm not like most people and completely just continue and continue stating the same points and argue and also they like to threaten each alot. Me I just don't care anymore. What's said is said. I'm over it. I decided to be mature and apologize. I hold no ill will towards the guy and generally I do in fact think he's a nice guy. But sometimes views get conflicted. (If you look on smash 4 related video and look in the comments you will see that) If thor is really going to let some random person on the internet ruin his life then he doesn't belong on a forum.(Which I doubt since he's not a little kid.) I feel he's mature enough to let it go. Besides when smash 4 comes out on wii u and 3ds

I don't think we both will care about this and be more focused on playing some matches.
Luigi's Up B is so silly. Also here's smash potato.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Because we all know this forum is pretty dead and smash 4 is coming in with the golden hammer to nail in the final nail in it's coffin.
Speak for yourself. My local group and I plan to keep on playing Minus mainly, for the foreseeable future.

So far, I'm still convinced that Minus is much more fun than SSB4 will ever be.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
There's a lot of people who will still play Minus after SSB4.
Maybe Aero was talking about Zeus.
Hey I love zeus. Zeus make stamina mode the best thing I ever played. What I was basically saying was that minus will get hit hard. I myself won't stop playing. I love minus but i'm not going to ignore the fact that alot of people is going to leave brawl and play ssb4 exclusively. We'll see what happens when the game comes out. If i'm right at least you'll still be here. And if i'm wrong then that's cool. Minus really needs the attention.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Watched some more Dorf play finally, and Ike's quick QD didn't make his pawnch flinch.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Did Ganon look good? Like fighting ability wise. I don't want him to have his own tier like last time. Also do you have the video of ganondorf fighting? I'm interested in seeing it.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
So...
Are you guys gonna make Miis of people and use them? I am. I'll be using myself, Cole MacGrath from inFAMOUS and Ender from Ender's Game.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
I'll be using reggie and shrek. The 2 characters that truly belonged in smash but didn't quite make it.

Thor

Did Ganon look good? Like fighting ability wise. I don't want him to have his own tier like last time. Also do you have the video of ganondorf fighting? I'm interested in seeing it.

Actually, Ganondorf being SSS tier above all others wouldn't be so bad.

Also no Shrek didn't deserve to get in [saying a character "Deserves" to get in is more or less utter bullcrap], but they somehow didn't include a Coca-Cola representative when the PERFECT choice was STARING at them every time they got a can of white soda. Not that it deserved it, but, well...

Gold_TSG

He looks roughly the same, but he seems more capable of handling himself this time around. So far the armor on pawnch is the only buff I've seen, since most people still don't really use him. I saw him beat a few old high tier chars already. And I have no footage to share because it was in a twitch stream.

MK doesn't look as bad as he used to be either.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
He looks roughly the same, but he seems more capable of handling himself this time around. So far the armor on pawnch is the only buff I've seen, since most people still don't really use him. I saw him beat a few old high tier chars already. And I have no footage to share because it was in a twitch stream.

MK doesn't look as bad as he used to be either.
Thank god for the smash wiki:http://www.ssbwiki.com/Ganondorf_(SSB4)

Thor

Did they fix that auto-cancelling glitch on DK fair and/or Ganondorf fair???

Thor

Hey on the plus side, Ike's quick draw no longer leaves him helpless! That should make him a bit harder to gimp (because in Brawl, if you can go out and hit him away once, he's probably dead).

Thor

Does it work like Minus QD?

From what I saw, it doesn't cancel into itself, and has some endlag like Phantasm [I don't think as much as aerial Minus Phantasm though], but I clearly saw QD -> up+b offstage, and that is also what it says on Smashwiki, which is often where I look for information on stuff: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Ike_(SSB4)

Unfortunately ftilt and his jab combo are weaker [and from what I've seen, fsmash looks weaker too... not much but a little from what I saw], but I'd definitely trade that stuff for a QD that leaves you able to act! [While in Minus I can get them all, I can't just go to Minus tournaments locally, but it's looking like I'll be able to do that with Smash 4.]

This also then makes me even sadder that apparently Raptor Boost/Flame Choke leaves one helpless (although I can pray about custom movesets... until they're all unlocked I can hope at least one variant doesn't leave you helpless...).

Thor

In Brawl, forward air has zero auto-cancel frames, which when someone went into the programing saw was an error because the wrong kind of timing function was used.

Or so I've read. So I was wondering if either of them had fairs that auto-cancel when they visually look like they should (if you want a frame of reference, in vBrawl do a full hop, double jump, then fair as you are still rising. Ganondorf's fist will start retreating back to his side but when he lands he'll land with his fist on the ground, exactly the same as if you had just done a SH fair).

Gold_TSG

Weird..

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
So I dunno if this has been asked before but would the Brawl Minus team ever mod Smash 4 in a distant future where the possibility may or may not exist?

Also, I love how Ike looks in Smash 4. They took away a lot of the stiffness in his moves and QD got buffed.