New Characters in Minus

What character would you like to see added to Minus?

• K. Rool

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Micaiah

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Black Shadow

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Geno

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Paper Mario

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Bomberman

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Krystal

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Ghirahim

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Custom Robo

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Midna/Wolf Link

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
2) Doesn't have a major transformation. Transformations like Sheik/Zelda are a nightmare on every level to implement and on top of that aren't actually useful gameplay mechanics when they are implemented.
Rip Jiggth

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
Coole McGrape is the guy you play in INFAMOUS. His power is 'ElectroKinesis', meaning he can punch stuff. With lightning. He'd be an interesting character at the least.
Hes also Greatest_Aether's biggest obsession.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
You guys, the cole mcgarth psa aether wrote an idea for can be found here, as well as many MANY other ideas, and characters with lack there-of x( why doesn't anyone care how much i wrote?

DubLTeamz

@justadood It is awesome that you put that all together. (I'm WAAAAAAY to lazy :p)
I just don't have enough knowledge on the characters to help any, and my imagination is about on par with rocks.
I really like the Paper Mario and Young Link, mostly cause I'm familiar with them. (No idea who Dooplis is) Really, the only characters I can think of without blatantly ripping off someone are Master Chief, The Arbiter, CODSoldier, Genesect, and other similarly boring characters. Sorry, but I'm not much help in the custom characters department.
Plus I was really just making a joke about Aether's obsession with Cold MaCape.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
@justadood It is awesome that you put that all together. (I'm WAAAAAAY to lazy :p)
a-thank ya :D that's very nice of you
I just don't have enough knowledge on the characters to help any, and my imagination is about on par with rocks.
same here :p takes a lot of effort to actually write movesets... which is why the only ones I actually wrote don't have specifics like tilt attacks, just what abilities from their games could inspire special moves and/or styles to play.
I really like the Paper Mario and Young Link, mostly cause I'm familiar with them. (No idea who Dooplis is) Really, the only characters I can think of without blatantly ripping off someone are Master Chief, The Arbiter, CODSoldier, Genesect, and other similarly boring characters. Sorry, but I'm not much help in the custom characters department.
-1) Doopliss is just a boss from paper mario thousand year door who came back a few times xP
-2) as for master chief, there is I think two movesets on the vault that work... personally I could write one for him (and i would actually enjoy that one a little)...
-3) arbiter, i don't find as necessary :p I say that because he's not much of a key character.. he fights with you, but he's just an assist...
-4) COD soldier may work, but may be really boring... and without using advanced warfare's weapons and gear, i can't think of a single fitting recovery move for that one xP
-5) Genesect may be a nice idea, if someone could think of a cool way to use the multiple abilities he has for instance, but compared to the others you listed isn't necessarily as much of a key character to his own games...
I for one honestly believed they were going to put sceptile in smash 4, since they used charizard as the fire type rep, greninja as the water type rep, and had no grass type, especially since he and snivy are the only non-quadraped fully evolved grass starters, and since charizard is the favorite from the first gen, greninja was from their latest game, and they at the time had just announced the ruby and sapphire re-visits....
following that pattern, since mewtwo and lucario represented the two top selling pokemon movies, and since pikachu and jigglypuff represented the show, i thought along with that, it would make sense to include three from each section, so there should be one more movie rep and one more show rep, i.e.:
meowth for the show, and maybe genesect would be right to rep the third from movies... (although zoroark could also work for that, and I think KJP was making one of those on the vault)
Plus I was really just making a joke about Aether's obsession with Cold MaCape.
ha! x3 he definitely is, but he wrote a nice moveset that i think could work out with some tweaking... not drug abuse, i mean editing... not photoshop, i mean fixing... not neutering, i mean making better and more convenient to try to put into the game

DubLTeamz

I've always liked Arby better then Chief. In terms of playstyle, Chief is like Snake; Tactical, heavily loaded and projectile based. Arby is more like Falcon; A physical fighter, uses little equipment, jumps around a lot. However, I can see how both is too much, I just happen to prefer the Arbiter.
As for CODSoldier, I was thinking it could be based off of the Zombies portion as well. You could have the Paralyzer to recover, drinking Perk-A-Colas for taunts, Pack-A-Punch for Final Smash etc. It'd be a mix of multiplayer stuff and Zombies. I thought it'd be cool, and make him unique instead of "Shoot everything with the same gun".
Genesect was cause I was thinking of this stuff back when he was the new event lol. I'd much rather have Sceptile.
I had some inspiration and am working on a moveset for Ghirahim, if you could help with aerials, that'd be great. (After thinking about it and playing the game again, he really doesn't do much. I'LL THINK OF SOMETHING)

Flair Guy

What if for the quadruped newcomer, we add Nintendog with a moveset based on being a dog?

Thor

3) All of the complicated properties/physics/projectiles of the fighter's moves are already implemented in a different form in a single other champion (that also has a brawlex module). We can't add new projectiles. Nobody can add new projectiles. The closest we can get is make hitbox/gfx that aren't anywhere near the character and spawn items that pretend (very badly) to be new projectiles. While a character with 10 projectiles sounds awesome, it also wont be possible for probably 2-3 years if it's ever possible. Wonky physics and other properties we're better at and we can at least get close enough that people wont immediately notice how awful this all looks, but they're still very difficult so it's better if the fighter doesn't do anything complicated that the fighter they're cloning can't already do in some shape or form.

Could projectiles be ripped from Subspace Emissary characters (ie the gun that some prisms hold, the little pellets those flying buckets drop, the lightning from the clouds, etc.)???

Also I don't really want to see new characters. Would find 3D Dream Drop Distance Riku [or Sora or some form of Kairi or Mickey or Roxas or Ventus or Terra or Aqua] an amazing addition, but I don't logically think that is likely on any level, so I don't particularly care.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
then what about characters more unique to nintendo, like custom robo, which i felt was a brilliant game, but wasn't very well known.. fire emblem is a great game that was a fan favorite, and now they have 4 reps in sm4sh :p i understand it was and became more popular than custom robo, but ray has an arsenal of moves to draw from, and because he's an assist trophy, he has some article in vbrawl already belonging to him and dedicated to look the way the projectile from his game look (except better)... i understand some characters would be hard, or take too much effort for the turn-out, but a lot of them would be cool :)

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
In theory the smash community has the rough knowledge of how to port articles between characters, but it's never been done and is likely outside of the realm of practicality at the mod level since the closest we've managed is to add more of the same item (getting around the need to make sure all the code is calling the right functions).

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Actually, porting articles has been done. I beieve i was Pikazz? I don't know, but I remember him creating a Mario who threw ROB lasers.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Huh, wasn't aware that that had been done. So it might be possible to add entirely new projectiles to a fighter, then, although there's still additional research to be done to do that.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Actually, porting articles has been done. I beieve i was Pikazz? I don't know, but I remember him creating a Mario who threw ROB lasers.

Now all we need is a Mario that can throw ROBs

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
Now all we need is a Mario that can throw ROBs
omfg xD hahaha, i could barely hold it together after reading that he could already throw lasers, i think you need to calm down gold! xD

Gold_TSG

Hey that was my idea and people wanted it!

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
omg, and then the mini robs shoot mini-mini robs and those robs shoot mini-mini-mini robs and so on until the screen is made of robs on the atomic level

Gold_TSG

The game crashes and ROB is all you see on the screen

Gold_TSG

ROB assimilates your console and becomes The Termintendo

Last edited by a moderator: