New Characters in Minus

What character would you like to see added to Minus?

• K. Rool

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Micaiah

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Black Shadow

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Geno

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Paper Mario

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Bomberman

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Krystal

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Ghirahim

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Custom Robo

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Midna/Wolf Link

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters

Glyph

With the recent release of the clone engine, the biggest question everyone's been thinking is 'but how will this effect Brawl Minus, my favorite brawl mod?'

No? Just me? Whatever, its still a good question.

Anyway, who would YOU like to see added to the Minus roster? You've got three votes to cast, so use them wisely!

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Micaiah for Magical Girls!

Black Shadow for a more faithful Ganon on the side!

Paper Mario because THE POTENTIAL (and he doesn't need voice files so that saves tons of work for us devs)

Also Lip please

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Krystal FTW!

NEWB

Who is black shadow?

Micaiah as in from fire emblem?

Geno from super Mario RPG????

Would link transform into midna/wolf link?

NEWB

Man this sucks, can I get 4 votes because I'm special?

I can't decide between, wolf link, ghirahim, paper Mario, or geno!

Glyph

NEWB said:
Who is black shadow?

Micaiah as in from fire emblem?

Geno from super Mario RPG????

Would link transform into midna/wolf link?

He's a character from F-Zero, yes, yes, and no he would be an entirely separate character!

Glyph

Technically it could be, but there's just not any reason to take away one of a already really well done Link's moves when it works just as well as a separate character. Plus that'd be much much harder, and Wolf Link would already be difficult.

NEWB

It wouldn't get rid of a move, it would replace a taunt or be an easy ultrataunt. I see no reason why this shouldn't happen unless its impossible.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
and also, if we decide to put in midna / wolf link, it would be cool to have them both be together in a sense. similar to zelda and shiek. transforming characters ftw :p

NEWB

I haven't decided if want to choose the ones I want, or go for representation of other games. Are those all Nintendo characters?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I voted...

Black Shadow (more F-Zero representation, and another heavy powerhouse)
Geno (awesome moveset potential, unique middle/lightweight)
Paper Mario (lots of options for a cool moveset, and PM deserves representation)

I'd also like to see another Metroid character, like Dark Samus or Ridley. Hector or maybe Lyn from Fire Emblem would be cool too.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
Papermario would be awesome. I'm also for black shadow in brawl. :D also I suggest megaman x and zero as samus and zerosuit clones... zero maybe a little less.... also I would suggest tails over a fox clone (Landmaster=thunder thing) or maybe a peach edit, and knuckles over a clone of either captain falcon, or maybe of pikachu. (I think that's been done and the moves aren't to different, just imported bones from someone else)... Maybe viewtiful Joe over toon link? (Voomerang, pink bomb, six cannon over arrows maybe)... cloud over ike... um... sora over pit... sephiroth over Marth... king k'rool over dedede... doopliss over kirby (paper versions of characters instead of Khats... would probably go over gamenwatch better and need a lot of data...)... bowser Jr... Dixie Kong... four sword link (2 small tl's) over ice climbers (fire torch over down b?).... evolved forms of Pokemon... dark samus.... Ridley over charizard... bowser jr over squirtle... another video game villain over ivy?.. ...shadow over sonic, and liquid over (solid) snake... hmm... what else... ... ... I think that's all I've got for now... I'll reload for tonight and shoot some more ideas up later though :)

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Were pretty much only gonna go with ninty's characters as well NEWB. but if you guys have suggestions for a nintendo character thats not up on the list, feel free to say it.

NEWB

Ninty?

My only character suggestion is shadow the hedgehog.

And just a thot, what if these new guys are actually imbalanced and intentionally op, but banned in official play? Like boss characters. I guess that would cause dispute among play groups though...

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
sorry lol ninty = nintendo

Lightning

Ikesexual
I don't think this was asked but who's Custom Robo? :?

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
I believe Custom Robo is that Assist Trophy that flies around shooting green lasers.

As for character suggestions....

Instead of Paper Mario, how 'bout Mr. L? Still a Paper Mario character, but he wouldn't be an image clone, at least. Or add that as an alternate color for Luigi. Please?
Missingno. should totally be a character. And Sneasel could be like a Sonic clone. Except for whats already been mentioned, the only thing left to add is really more Pokemon, lol. For now, I like the idea of Paper Mario/Wolf Link.

(EDIT: Thought of Skull Kid, just for teh magic trolling)

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
as far as i know, there isn't a deadline for voting..i wouldn't know though. glyph's the one who setup the poll :p

Glyph

I didn't set a deadline because sooner or later the poll will slow down and be pretty clear who's we should go with, we'll cut it off once we're confident we have a solid answer.

NEWB

Even though paper Mario doesn't need a new voice clip, you guys DO need to replace his jumping noises with the jump sound from paper Mario. Same for his walking sound. He should also get a reflect on power sheilding because he super guards in thousand year door. His super guard did reflect things.

gumbie

Frankly, I'm a little upset that Little Mac is not only not on the list, but he isn't mentioned at all. :cool: