New Characters in Minus

What character would you like to see added to Minus?

• K. Rool

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Micaiah

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Black Shadow

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Geno

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Paper Mario

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Bomberman

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Krystal

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Ghirahim

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Custom Robo

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Midna/Wolf Link

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I just want to see Minus Mewtwo, Waluigi, Ridley, and 'Dorf with a Sword Mode.

They're all purple!

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
pls jiggth?

Gifted

The Mother Fucking Queen
We should just port SSB4 newcomers to Minus. *coughShulkLittleMacMegaMancough*
I think the issue with that, is...
Brawl Minus may not want to get involved with Nintendo, so soon in the game.
That's why Project M didn't add any new comers.

Gifted

The Mother Fucking Queen
Aw... ;~;
Indeed. ;w;
I'd love to see Rosalina and Luma in there.
Some dude was gonna make a Rosalina and Luma, but wimped out.
Won't let anyone test and outright tried to ruin me, when I try to help others.
Perhaps it's coincidence. But I dun' thinq so.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Indeed. ;w;
I'd love to see Rosalina and Luma in there.
Some dude was gonna make a Rosalina and Luma, but wimped out.
Won't let anyone test and outright tried to ruin me, when I try to help others.
Perhaps it's coincidence. But I dun' thinq so.
I'd rather see Mac or Mega Man.

Gifted

The Mother Fucking Queen
I'd rather see Mac or Mega Man.
Ehh...
Mac seems too... do to the limited recovery, Mac may not be good for the high power and stuff. Granted, if they fix the recovery, I think Mac would make some serious greatness.
Like an alternate moveset, for C-Falcon. Like Dr Mario is, in Project M.

Megaman, you'd have to take into account, that people would do nothing, but stay back and spam Projectiles, then blast them off, with a Smash projectile.
You have to take into account that do to Brawl Minus' idea of if it ain't Fixed, Break it till it is, they'd make Megaman the most OP. You can't get near him, to do any Damage.
Thus, no one would play against it.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Ehh...
Mac seems too... do to the limited recovery, Mac may not be good for the high power and stuff. Granted, if they fix the recovery, I think Mac would make some serious greatness.
I thought Mac would fit good in Minus because he'd be an amazing glass cannon: Great ground game with high speed and damage and can utilize a OHKO that he can combo into at the cost of a horrible air game and even worse recovery. Like, if he's ever in, they shouldn't buff his recovery TOO much, but they should definitely buff it.

Megaman, you'd have to take into account, that people would do nothing, but stay back and spam Projectiles, then blast them off, with a Smash projectile.
You have to take into account that do to Brawl Minus' idea of if it ain't Fixed, Break it till it is, they'd make Megaman the most OP. You can't get near him, to do any Damage.
I never thought of it that way.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Ehh...
I thought Mac would fit good in Minus because he'd be an amazing glass cannon: Great ground game with high speed and damage and can utilize a OHKO that he can combo into at the cost of a horrible air game and even worse recovery. Like, if he's ever in, they shouldn't buff his recovery TOO much, but they should definitely buff it.

Gifted

The Mother Fucking Queen
Agreed, to this. That would be interesting. But I am not a fan of Mac, do to his OHKO move.
I hate how my blood pumps when ever I hear that "DING DING" Indicating that do to me being over 50%, if it hits me, I am dead.
But yeah, buff the recovery a bit, and it should be good to go. It can already do considerable damage. They wouldn't have to do much, to make it work.

I'd love to see Megaman in Minus, too.
But do to the above mentioned, that wouldn't work, as planned.
Unless they took out the Projectiles.
But then it wouldn't be Megaman, would it?

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Agreed, to this. That would be interesting. But I am not a fan of Mac, do to his OHKO move.
I hate how my blood pumps when ever I hear that "DING DING" Indicating that do to me being over 50%, if it hits me, I am dead.
But yeah, buff the recovery a bit, and it should be good to go. It can already do considerable damage. They wouldn't have to do much, to make it work.
As a Mac main, I love the OHKO. It's just so satisfying to land. It can also be used for mindgames, but it is kinda stupid. There actually is a Little Mac moveset on Brawl Vault, and since Roy was based off of one of the Vault's Roy PSAs, it's not completely out of the question that Mac might be included in Minus.

I'd love to see Megaman in Minus, too.
But do to the above mentioned, that wouldn't work, as planned.
Unless they took out the Projectiles.
But then it wouldn't be Megaman, would it?
No...but perhaps make a Mega Man that's more focused an melee combat and remove some projectiles?

Gifted

The Mother Fucking Queen
As a Mac main, I love the OHKO. It's just so satisfying to land. It can also be used for mindgames, but it is kinda stupid. There actually is a Little Mac moveset on Brawl Vault, and since Roy was based off of one of the Vault's Roy PSAs, it's not completely out of the question that Mac might be included in Minus.

The Minus Roy, is based off of Thany's De-Cloned Roy. No, it's not confirmed, but I've played with Thany's Roy and I played with brawl Minus Roy.
The thing with Minus is... I think it has more Knock Back and is more Heavy.
While Thany's, is Faster, Lighter and stuff like that.
But yeah, it may be possble, to throw in Mac.

No...but perhaps make a Mega Man that's more focused an melee combat and remove some projectiles?
Yeah.... that might work, better.
More Melee Based, with normal power projectiles. Or, at least make them NON-Spammable.
To me, OP is one thing.
Broken, is another.
OP, more power than Needed.
Broken, nothing can touch it. Like... ever used the Devi-Luigi PSA?
That is Broken. Touching Devi-luigi, results in damage to you. His Down Taunt causes 999 damage and WILL KO you.
There is no Balance, unless you use an Equally Broken moveset.
Infinity Toon Link.
That is OP. He's Faster than needed, has better combo potential, than needed.
But balances out, with normal defense and not alot of Knock Back.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
The Minus Roy, is based off of Thany's De-Cloned Roy. No, it's not confirmed, but I've played with Thany's Roy and I played with brawl Minus Roy.
The thing with Minus is... I think it has more Knock Back and is more Heavy.
While Thany's, is Faster, Lighter and stuff like that.
But yeah, it may be possble, to throw in Mac.
I don't even know if I like the heavier weight on Minus Roy. He falls faster than freaking FOX. But I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for Mac in Minus.
Yeah.... that might work, better.
More Melee Based, with normal power projectiles. Or, at least make them NON-Spammable.
To me, OP is one thing.
Broken, is another.
OP, more power than Needed.
Broken, nothing can touch it. Like... ever used the Devi-Luigi PSA?
That is Broken. Touching Devi-luigi, results in damage to you. His Down Taunt causes 999 damage and WILL KO you.
There is no Balance, unless you use an Equally Broken moveset.
Infinity Toon Link.
That is OP. He's Faster than needed, has better combo potential, than needed.
But balances out, with normal defense and not alot of Knock Back.
I'm not saying we should remove every projectile. Like leave maybe 3? Definitely leave his fSmash. It's his signature thing.

Gifted

The Mother Fucking Queen
I don't even know if I like the heavier weight on Minus Roy. He falls faster than freaking FOX. But I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for Mac in Minus.
Plus, Roy just feels clunky, in Minus. I may just throw in Thany's Roy, over Minus' Roy.

I'm not saying we should remove every projectile. Like leave maybe 3? Definitely leave his fSmash. It's his signature thing.
Of course we don't get rid of EVERY Projectile.
Just the spammable ones.
Like how Nuetral A, you can continually press it and continually make a person in Hit-Stun State, so they can't do anything.
That's my main reason I tore Megaman out of my SSBB.
I don't like Wall of Pain, but at least then, I understand the reason for it.
But when you're in the open and it just Hit Stuns you. Bleh.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Plus, Roy just feels clunky, in Minus. I may just throw in Thany's Roy, over Minus' Roy.

I disagree with you there. Minus Roy feels great in 3.Q. I'd like to see little to no changes to Roy in 4.0.
Of course we don't get rid of EVERY Projectile.
Just the spammable ones.
Like how Nuetral A, you can continually press it and continually make a person in Hit-Stun State, so they can't do anything.
That's my main reason I tore Megaman out of my SSBB.
I don't like Wall of Pain, but at least then, I understand the reason for it.
But when you're in the open and it just Hit Stuns you. Bleh.
The Mega Man PSA? Yeah, that is OP. You can jump out of it, hold down A for an endless stream of lemons, and you can move while doing it.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
In terms of adding fighters, we can add fighters who meet the following criteria:
1) Not in Smash 4. We're not interested in receiving C&D letters.
2) Doesn't have a major transformation. Transformations like Sheik/Zelda are a nightmare on every level to implement and on top of that aren't actually useful gameplay mechanics when they are implemented.
3) All of the complicated properties/physics/projectiles of the fighter's moves are already implemented in a different form in a single other champion (that also has a brawlex module). We can't add new projectiles. Nobody can add new projectiles. The closest we can get is make hitbox/gfx that aren't anywhere near the character and spawn items that pretend (very badly) to be new projectiles. While a character with 10 projectiles sounds awesome, it also wont be possible for probably 2-3 years if it's ever possible. Wonky physics and other properties we're better at and we can at least get close enough that people wont immediately notice how awful this all looks, but they're still very difficult so it's better if the fighter doesn't do anything complicated that the fighter they're cloning can't already do in some shape or form.