New Characters in Minus

What character would you like to see added to Minus?

• K. Rool

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Micaiah

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Black Shadow

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Geno

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Paper Mario

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Bomberman

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Krystal

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Ghirahim

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Custom Robo

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Midna/Wolf Link

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
It doesn't have to be canon. Only Link's Hidden Skills and Pichu's self-damage (Volt Tackle in the games) are canon. The mask idea is really cool though. His Final Smash could be Fierce Deity Link.

Involving the Link stuff, a bunch of guys and I talked about ideas on a thread. You could check out the discussion if you want, but remember that the thread is locked.
It isn't exactly a pure Young Link moveset, but I figured I'll share it anyway.

OK, who the hell is Jiggth?

Learn the Minus lore :p
To summarize, Jiggth is the name of one of the beloved bots in the Minus chatroom.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
D'awwww, i got a mention ^////^ this year is gonna be sweet!!

btw y'guys, there's also a page where i tried to keep updating different lists for "changelogs" for these proposed new characters.. basically i wanted to try to make sure you don't have to read through the comments to know new ideas that were decidedly cool enough ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
OK, how about an ocarina based move set for Young Link? He'd use his sword of course and maybe other items, but his specials and some normal attacks would utilize his ocarina. Here's some ideas for the ocarina moves:
Down special: Elegy of Emptiness: YL plays some ocarina notes. Should anyone attack him during this time, the will realize they were just attack the statue spawned with the song, while YL runs up behind them counterattack with a sword strike. Or maybe Song of Storms: YL plays the Song of Storms, causing a rainstorm around him that trips grounded opponents and pushes down aerial foes. Final Smash: Zelda's Lullaby, a clone of Peach's but to the tune of Zelda's Lullaby. Neutral special: Song of Healing, which does just that: YL plays this song, gradually healing damage over time should he not be interrupted. Up special: Song of Soaring, which either teleports YL in a direction of his choosing, or spawns the owl guy to carry him upward, like Mega Man's Beat recovery. Side special: Um... IDK, maybe have YL play Epona's Song, get on her and charge forward?
I'm gonna put the Cole MacGrath move set in a new post.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Here's the Cole MacGrath move set:
Jab: Swings his Amp twice, then spins while swinging it again. From inFAMOUS 2. 3, 3 then 4%.
Ftilt: Holds his hand in front of him, and then creates a mini - explosion from his hand. Good for keeping the opponent away. 9%.
Dtilt: Crouches and swipes his Amp in front of him. 5%
Utilt: Holds his Amp in the air, then charges it with electricity. Multi-hitting, sends opponents up. 1, 1, 1, 1, 6%.
Dash attack: slams his shoulder into the opponent during his Grind dash animation. Similar to Captain Falcon's dash attack. 8%.
Usmash: Throws some oil above him, which keeps his victims in place, then shoots fire at it, creating a huge explosion. 7%, then 13% uncharged, 9% then 17% fully charged.
Fsmash: Alpha Blast. Cole shoots a ring of electricity forward, not much range but has high damage and decent knockback with average lag. 16% uncharged, 21% fully charged.
Dsmash: Ice Barrier. Cole summons 2 icicles on either side of him to attack opponents, both knocking his foes into the air. 12% uncharged, 18% fully charged.
Neutral special: Alpha Bolts/Pincer Bolt/Magnum Shot: Cole shoots a series of lightning bolts forward. The angle can be changed, and he can continuously shoot them if the special attack button be repeatedly pressed. If held, Cole charges up to either Pincer Bolt, which shoots out 3 slower, more powerful shots up, down and straight forward, or to Magnum Shot, which is a fast, powerful one-shot bolt. All variations sans Pincer Bolt can be angled up or down, but only has an affect on hit box placement, not damage or range or anything. Alpha Bolts: 2% per bolt. Pincer Bolt: 7% per bolt. Magnum Shot: 15%.
Side special (ground): Sticky/Double Grenade. Cole shoots a grenade of electricity forward at an angle. Should it hit someone and A is not held, the grenade will stick to them and transfer between people until Cole uses side special again or until 10 seconds is up. Essentially a projectile version of Snake's C4. If A is held, then the grenade blows up on contact with the enemy, sending them upward with set knockback, as the grenade sends another one upward to the victim, sending them towards Cole, being good for starting combos. The A button must be held before Cole shoots the grenade. Sticky Grenades are blue, while Double Grenades are red. Sticky Grenade: 10%. Double Grenade: 6% then 5%.
Side special (air): Lightning Tether. Cole shoots out a string of lightning from his hand. Should he hit an edge with it, it will essentially be a Zair for him. If an enemy gets hit with this, Cole will be dragged over to them while his opponent is stuck in massive hitlag, and Cole can follow up with any attack he chooses except for another Lightning Tether. 6%.
Up special: Ice Launch. Cole launches himself upward with a huge icicle. On the ground, anyone hit with the icicle will be hit up to Cole and he can hit them with an aerial attack of his choice. In the air, the same hit box doesn't exist, but rather the icicle is pushed down, meteor smashing anyone unlucky enough to be hit by it. 10%
Down special: Polarity Wall. Cole summons a shield made of electricity to surround him, reflecting projectiles and hitting those who come too close. 4%.
Nair: Cole spins while holding his Amp out. 7%.
Fair: Cole swings his Amp up, dealing virtually no knockback to foes. If the attack button is hit again, Cole will swing his Amp downwards, meteor smashing anyone hit by it. 7% then 5%.
Bair: Cole swings his Amp behind him. Similar to Ike's Bair. 11%
Uair: Cole holds his Amp up and charges it with electricity. A port of utilt, but this one is one hit and stronger. 11%
Dair: Thunder Drop. Cole drops down, holding his Amp in front of him. Foes hit by this will be dragged down with Cole until he hits the ground, at which point there will be an explosion based on how long Cole was in the air for; the longer he was in the air, the more damage it does. This could also give him a "MacGrathicide", similar to a Kirbycide or a Bowsercide. 2% each falling hit, 5% short fall, 6% medium fall and 8% large fall.
Grab: Just grabs his opponent.
Pummel: Shocks them with electricity. 2%. Fast for a pummel.
Fthrow: Kinetic Pulse. Cole lifts his opponent with his electromagnetic powers and says "Catch ya later!" before throwing his opponent forward. 9%.
Bthrow: Cole performs a huge jump around the opponent, wrapping them in his Lightning Tether before landing behind them and yanking them forward, pulling and launching his victim behind their original spot. 9%.
Uthrow: Cole slides under his opponent before doing a powerful swipe upward with his Amp. Taken from a Finisher in inFAMOUS 2. 10%
Dthrow: Bio Leech. Cole slams his opponent to the ground and puts his hand to their face, then begins draining their energy. Heals Cole and damages victim. 9% given, 6% healed.
Final Smash: Can't decide between Beast Cole or Ionic Vortex.
Beast Cole: The Beast appears in the background as Cole begins absorbing it's power. Once he is finished, The Beast leaves and Cole is left with a huge power increase and has the ability to fly around. Neutral special always shoots Magnum Shots and can be rapid-fired, and he cannot be hit or KOd in this mode.
Ionic Vortex: Cole whips up a giant tornado that sucks in opponents. Cole can control where it goes, and right before it disappears, Cole shoots a large lightning bolt right down the Vortex, causing huge damage and knockback to everyone hit by it. The Vortex repeatedly hits it's victims into itself for 5%, then the final bolt does 60%.
Up taunt: Cole forms a ball of electricity in his hands, throws it up, catches it and absorbs it.
Side taunt: Cole spawns balls of fire/ice and juggles them while saying "I've got time for this" or "You clowns never learn". Taken from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.
Down taunt: Cole does an animation similar to one when he absorbs Blast Shards in inFAMOUS 2 while the crowd cheers.
Victory pose 1: Cole begins absorbing energy from an offscreen source while floating into the air.
Victory pose 2: Cole swings his Amp then rests it on his shoulder and smiles.
Victory pose 3: Cole charges up his Amp, then holds it in the air in a victorious manner.
Lose/No Contest pose: Cole is seen with one knee on the ground, with him holding his head down and resting his shoulder on his Amp that he stuck in the ground.
That took a while. I'm bad at coming up with damage percents.

Last edited by a moderator:

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
OK, how about an ocarina based move set for Young Link? He'd use his sword of course and maybe other items, but his specials and some normal attacks would utilize his ocarina. Here's some ideas for the ocarina moves:
Down special: Elegy of Emptiness: YL plays some ocarina notes. Should anyone attack him during this time, the will realize they were just attack the statue spawned with the song, while YL runs up behind them counterattack with a sword strike. Or maybe Song of Storms: YL plays the Song of Storms, causing a rainstorm around him that trips grounded opponents and pushes down aerial foes. Final Smash: Zelda's Lullaby, a clone of Peach's but to the tune of Zelda's Lullaby. Neutral special: Song of Healing, which does just that: YL plays this song, gradually healing damage over time should he not be interrupted. Up special: Song of Soaring, which either teleports YL in a direction of his choosing, or spawns the owl guy to carry him upward, like Mega Man's Beat recovery. Side special: Um... IDK, maybe have YL play Epona's Song, get on her and charge forward?
I'm gonna put the Cole MacGrath move set in a new post.

dude, why stop there? what if we had ALL of those as his taunts? like you taunt to hold your ocarina, but if you hold the taunt button down, you can play it with the DPad!!! :O imagine being able to use all of those awesome songs!!! your song of storms idea reminded me of jigg's gravity, and the lullaby putting people to sleep and the healing song too TOTALLY sound like taunts too!! so what if the different options were all there?? song of the sun stunning people right next to you? maybe stuff like that could work :D it would be a lot better than just one option, or having each on one taunt, and definitely better than it being randomized too :)

also, i heard that you can make alt slots of characters have different movesets... what if the alt versions were triggered with R and L in the CSS? then adult link could have OoT moveset or Skyward or Twilight as his different options, and young link could have OoT, Majora's mask, or windwaker as his three options, whereas OoT is the one that can transform?

NEWB

You.....guys know how to code?

I personaly don't feel he needs that many ocarina moves. Just maybe replace one or two specials so he isn't a link clone.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
dude, why stop there? what if we had ALL of those as his taunts? like you taunt to hold your ocarina, but if you hold the taunt button down, you can play it with the DPad!!! :O imagine being able to use all of those awesome songs!!! your song of storms idea reminded me of jigg's gravity, and the lullaby putting people to sleep and the healing song too TOTALLY sound like taunts too!! so what if the different options were all there?? song of the sun stunning people right next to you? maybe stuff like that could work :D it would be a lot better than just one option, or having each on one taunt, and definitely better than it being randomized too :)

also, i heard that you can make alt slots of characters have different movesets... what if the alt versions were triggered with R and L in the CSS? then adult link could have OoT moveset or Skyward or Twilight as his different options, and young link could have OoT, Majora's mask, or windwaker as his three options, whereas OoT is the one that can transform?
Actually, I was thinking that he could have all or most ocarina songs at his disposal, but I couldn't think of how he would use them. Like how would you use Saria's Song, Inverted Song of Time (that could also be a Final Smash), Sun's Song and Minuet of Forest?

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I feel like the Inverted Song of Time would just make all of Link's enemies temporarily slowed down, as if a timer was activated.
...I'm not too creative, am I?

Valravn

I think Project M recently gave Link a fully functional Ocarina taunt that works just like it does in OoT. If we're doing this, we could probably base it off their code if they're willing to share. (Though of course, hitboxes/windboxes/wacky effects in addition to the notes would be nice.)

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
wait seriously?? i downloaded that new one when it came out a few weeks ago, i didn't know that was in there!! O.O that's AWESOME!!! yeah! let's see if we can get permission!!

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
I had a great idea for Deoxys where it would rapidly switching on the fly between the forms gaining different strengths and weaknesses from its different forms. And then I realized it was already a pokeball in game :(.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I had a great idea for Deoxys where it would rapidly switching on the fly between the forms gaining different strengths and weaknesses from its different forms. And then I realized it was already a pokeball in game :(.
So it's basically a Minus Pokémon version of Shulk.

Thor

...I guess there's a reason I don't drop in here... none of this appeals to me.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
actually i think i'd prefer the "medium sized" megaman, like in megaman and bass:

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
while we're on the subject of megaman though, i felt that bass and protoman could also have a place in the game.. protoman and zero are practically the same character, so they could even get vertex swaps, but bass is still (or at least used to be) kind of a key character, and he wasn't ever put into the MvC games or anything, which kinda sucked... anyway, i think that all three (plus some costumes of zero) could definitely fit in the game

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
My votes are still in for the characters I chimed in on. I'll have to work on developing said characters. I've already got ideas on attacks to borrow and tweak from, but still lack the actual knowledge on how to do it. :x