Community Request Thread for the next version after 4.0BC

ThePwnzr

THE Frame Data Guy
Minus Backroom
Move the timer to the top left of the screen to visually differentiate Minus from Vanilla Brawl.
I'd say a lot of people are already used to where the timer is, unfortunately. If you really want to move the timer, you can always put it at the top center like Melee, but putting it at the left might confuse people who already expect it at the right.

ThePwnzr

THE Frame Data Guy
Minus Backroom
The stock icons already do that. Not to mention the character portraits in the "Minus art" builds.

What? Stocks on the top corner of the screen? Im not sure I understand. Unless you mean the visual difference between them and vBrawl, which sounds more logical....

Rejnka

Certified All-Natural Pinkan Berry Saleschu
Flying Slam is kinda completely worthless compared to Royal Rampage, and I think Bowser should get his Fire Breath back and have Royal Rampage moved to Side-B. I know this has been said before, but that's because it's generally a good idea. It also gives Bowser an option in neutral that isn't Royal Rampage.

snuffychris605

Your Resident Charizard Main, who also plays Link
Something I've Noticed after playing Melee and Project M is that Mewtwo and Yoshi don't have Double Jump Cancels. Now I know Yoshi has the "Do aerial with Z to cancel aerial momentum" but why not just make it Ness like? Yknow hold button to jump normally, tap the jump buttons to DJC the aerial. Mewtwo if you wish could just not DJC but at least change Yoshi to the Ness and PM Style one.

I say leave Yoshi as-is. The ability to cancel all aerial momentum is useful for Egg Roll, and it's absolutely vital if you want to cancel Yoshi Bomb offstage and live.

Minus has a history of implementing the same thing in multiple ways. Wolf's wavedash requires different inputs than Fox's. Rollout and Egg Roll are both cancelable, but Rollout requires extra inputs. Marth and Roy both have a way to get a burst of speed in midair (neutral B and side B), and they both have a quick slash they can do to extend aerial combos (side B and the first hit of fair), but the inputs are completely different.

Minus isn't trying to be like Melee or Project: M. Minus isn't trying to make the characters more similar to one another. Minus is trying to do what's right for each individual character. DJCs are fine for Ness, but Yoshi needs something more.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
My Request: Give Kirby and Dedede a small explosive hitbox around them when they inhale an explosive to match Wario's properties.

Currently, when Wario swallows an explosive, such as Snake's grenade, the result is a small amount of self-damage as well as a small hitbox around his body that can actually hurt enemies. However, Kirby and Dedede never received this feature, despite taking self-damage.

snuffychris605

Your Resident Charizard Main, who also plays Link
I say leave Yoshi as-is. The ability to cancel all aerial momentum is useful for Egg Roll, and it's absolutely vital if you want to cancel Yoshi Bomb offstage and live.

Minus has a history of implementing the same thing in multiple ways. Wolf's wavedash requires different inputs than Fox's. Rollout and Egg Roll are both cancelable, but Rollout requires extra inputs. Marth and Roy both have a way to get a burst of speed in midair (neutral B and side B), and they both have a quick slash they can do to extend aerial combos (side B and the first hit of fair), but the inputs are completely different.

Minus isn't trying to be like Melee or Project: M. Minus isn't trying to make the characters more similar to one another. Minus is trying to do what's right for each individual character. DJCs are fine for Ness, but Yoshi needs something more.

Yes I understand the fact that Minus isn't trying to copy Melee or PM. Just a well known thing about Yoshi's History in Smash is his DJC in 64 and Melee. I was just suggesting it because of those, PM is only a minor due to its relation to Melee.

memahalo

Luigi: Make dash grab faster
Reason: His dash grab is horrendous, right now it is pretty much always better to shield grab, as it has just about same range and is faster, aka you should never use his current dash grab

Also Luigi again: have his down-b connect better to itself horizontally
Reason: Its only main use atm is for recovery, please make it a little better if used for offense, such as trying kill off the top or racking up a little damage. characters should be able to fall out of it in the air if it isn't done right though.

MelonKeepR

Reason: His dash grab is horrendous, right now it is pretty much always better to shield grab, as it has just about same range and is faster, aka you should never use his current dash grab

Reason: Its only main use atm is for recovery, please make it a little better if used for offense, such as trying kill off the top or racking up a little damage. characters should be able to fall out of it in the air if it isn't done right though.
Run>crouch>grab is a pretty powerful option with Luigi.

Down B can kill off of the top blastzone.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
Something I've Noticed after playing Melee and Project M is that Mewtwo and Yoshi don't have Double Jump Cancels. Now I know Yoshi has the "Do aerial with Z to cancel aerial momentum" but why not just make it Ness like? Yknow hold button to jump normally, tap the jump buttons to DJC the aerial. Mewtwo if you wish could just not DJC but at least change Yoshi to the Ness and PM Style one.
Yeah, it's really akward pressing Z for aerials if you're not used to it, especially if you claw.

Ness and Lucas already have the PM style dj iirc

ThePwnzr

THE Frame Data Guy
Minus Backroom

Crouching out of a dash before a grab, like MelonKeepr said, is an amazing option for him. Though a better dash grab would be cool.

Luigi's DownB connects fine, it's not 100% free though, you usually have to follow SDI. You can cancel near the end into any grounded attack. It's indeed great for recovery, but IMO it's his best approach option. Just don't press B again after using it and he flings himself away. Some attacks like DownSmash dont cancel his momentum, as well. :p

memahalo

Yes, you can follow their sdi, but all I'm hoping for is a small buff to Luigi's downB, just a little. enough that it at least feels like there's some there. But yes, I agree that it shouldn't be completely free and can be escaped if done right.

Run>crouch>grab is a pretty powerful option with Luigi.
I didn't think of that one :/

And while I'm here, I would like to request for Bowser to have some landing lag out of special fall. Unless its already been addressed or something, when bowser is in special fall after up-b, he has zero landing lag upon landing/instantly do anything

Ey yo' what's poppin'? I know you guys have plans for cosmetics, but here's a list I thought could be worth considering.

Mario: I feel like the green/yellow Mario is the least appealing, and deserves at least one recolor. I'd give a kidney if I could see Home Depot Mario (3rd/5th picture) fight during work hours like his unethical brother did. 4th pic is also a cool recolor idea. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=214301 (Link to the actual pack)

Wolf: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207482 Pirate Wolf as alternate costume

Snake: Hell yes bring me some Big Boss costumes. They're pretty much a recolor at this point, but something as iconic as the facecamos could give love to all the Snakes. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=212988 (Link to the actual pack)

Ganondorf: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=213574 / http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207708 You got two easy choices for alt Ganon. I feel like I've seen Phantom Ganon here and there, and even though he looks fantastic, Hyrule Warriors Ganon is pretty rare, and man is it hella cool.

Fox: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30766 Please don't Melee Fox. You guys don't want to be literally every costume pack ever. I'd love to see some crazy ideas for Fox and the rest of the StarFox crew. And Dynames Fox is one of the best examples I've seen for thinking OUTSIDE THE LIMITS.

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208097 Hyrule Warriors got some pretty decent ideas for character redesigns. That or http://gamebanana.com/skins/153278 Breath of the Wild Link.

Jigglypuff: http://gamebanana.com/skins/152744 I'd love to see the community fight for a Crown of Resting

Kirby: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=213022 I think Kirby's alt should be a bunch of his transformations from the original games, like Fighter Kirby here.

Captain Falcon: http://gamebanana.com/skins/154920 I understand Blood Falcon didn't have that many exclusive characteristics to be an alt, but if you guys pass on the Phoenix opportunity, I won't forgive.

ESC Artiste

The Pot is heavier than Ridley
Could somebody buff or change Cpt. Falcon's Raptor Boost recovery?

I've been having a rough time with Cpt. Falcon on recovery-specifically his Raptor Boost into Falcon Dive, on the height of the stage's ledge, or "Ledge Level". Upon using Raptor Boost, if Cpt. Falcon doesn't come into contact into anything, he goes into a flip/dive for a surprisingly long amount of time before I can activate the Falcon Dive. This combo of Raptor Boost into Falcon Dive, from what I've tested, results in making Cpt. Falcon's vertical recovery just about, if not slightly lower than the height of when the Raptor Boost was initiated. This also makes him quite easy to gimp, as the Raptor Boost's end-frames last very long, and leave him wide open while he falls before he can activate the Falcon Dive. Even if a wall jump can be achieved mid-Raptor Boost, most of the time a reverse Falcon Dive will be followed up, and that currently is one of the worst reverse Up-B's in the game (I have already read his reverse Falcon Dive is going to be fixed-THANK. YOU.). This doesn't become a problem, however, if a projectile or an opponent is caught in the Raptor Boost, as he does gain some height while still keeping his forward momentum, making horizontal recovery MUCH easier. In a sense, the horizontal recovery of Raptor Boost isn't the problem-heck it's horizontal recovery is everything I've ever wanted and more. The problem here is that his horizontal recovery can't work if it won't allow the vertical recovery to do it's job right. Tl;dr if Cpt. Falcon Raptor Boost's towards the stage at "ledge level" and the opponent doesn't throw a projectile, his chances of getting back on are very slim. Combined with the current horrid reverse Falcon Dive that is going to be followed up after most over-extensions or wall-jumps and his general recovery goes straight down the toilet.

To fix this, I would assume either giving the Raptor Boost the same ending animation as if it the hitboxes came into contact with something, or make it so that the player could initiate a Falcon Dive earlier to compensate for not gaining any vertical benefit. Either way would be fine with me, and if there's a better idea, let me know because this move's negating of any vertical recovery after initiation annoys me to no end.

memahalo

ESC Artiste, Im not sure if I remember correctly, but I think they're fixing the reversed capt. falcon up-b momentum thing so maybe that will fix what you want?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
ESC Artiste: IIRC, the reverse Falcon Dive may not get fixed despite a fix being Approved, because of how the animation moves Falcon's model.
The Devs would like to fix it, but it might not be possible. Again, IIRC.

Check out the changes I made to Falcon's recovery via Boost-Powered Falcon -- I think you'll find it much-improved. :)

Speaking of Boost-Powered Falcon... I already said as much in its home thread, but might as well mention it here too:
Minus Devs, feel free to officially use anything you like from the "Boost-Powered Falcon" set of tweaks I made.