An Open Letter to Pin Clock

Does Brawl Minus need new management? Please read the whole thread before voting!

• Pin needs to step down.

• Pin doesn't need to step down.

• I don't care. This is pointless haterade fueled drama.

• Neutral Response.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Sorry for double post.

I will say this: If a backroom or community member went out of his way to see what the community wanted changed in a new build, then the backroom should oblige.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
If a backroom or community member went out of his way to see what the community wanted changed in a new build, then the backroom should oblige.
That really depends on a number of factors. Some stuff sounds cool on paper but isn't in practice, some stuff people tend to make decisions about without full knowledge, and some stuff we just can not or will not do under any circumstances ever so community opinion is irrelevant. And when those circumstances are true, it makes the community feel like we don't value their opinions which I don't think anybody wants. So while there's some stuff that we will directly ask for feedback on, other stuff neither needs nor is helped by community feedback.

Thor

That really depends on a number of factors. Some stuff sounds cool on paper but isn't in practice, some stuff people tend to make decisions about without full knowledge, and some stuff we just can not or will not do under any circumstances ever so community opinion is irrelevant. And when those circumstances are true, it makes the community feel like we don't value their opinions which I don't think anybody wants. So while there's some stuff that we will directly ask for feedback on, other stuff neither needs nor is helped by community feedback.

Besides Lavaville [ie total removal is never going to happen], can you give a few examples of stuff that the backroom "will not do under any circumstances ever"?

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
well for one thing they probably won't add cole macgrath

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Besides Lavaville [ie total removal is never going to happen], can you give a few examples of stuff that the backroom "will not do under any circumstances ever"?
Add a smash 4 newcomer without Nintendo officially giving an okay, remove an existing fighter, directly rip content from another mod without permission (if this has happened in the past it won't in the future), etc.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Well, the poll... I hope the plan of action is discussed in the live stream.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Add a smash 4 newcomer without Nintendo officially giving an okay, remove an existing fighter, directly rip content from another mod without permission (if this has happened in the past it won't in the future), etc.

You do understand that they never gave an official OK to mod their game either, so by that logic, you need to stop working on Minus.

Thor

You do understand that they never gave an official OK to mod their game either, so by that logic, you need to stop working on Minus.

I think at one point they started a C&D and then backed down, which is sort of like implicit consent.

Also mods help sell Nintendo products as long as you need all the legit pieces [I bought new SD cards, for instance], so I think Nintendo is fine with people modding their game to make it more profitable.

Taking a Smash 4 character, on the other hand, looks an awful lot like attempting to steal away Smash 4 sales. That's a surefire way to draw unwelcome attention.

Gold_TSG

Even if they backed down from a C/D, unless they specifically say it's alright or apologize for it, that doesn't mean it's a green flag.

You dont require officially supporting their product to play mods, as can be seen with ISO ripping and use on the computer. That falls under piracy.

Jacking a character from Smash 4 isn't legally stealing anything, least of all sales. People may have likely made chars like Mac and Shulk before they were announced in Smash 4, so such an argument is ludicrous. Unless you are ripping everything from Smash 4, and I mean everything, such as roster, stages, mechanics, etc, sales wouldn't be impacted whatsoever.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
The fact of the matter is, I've had friends receive C&D's just for putting a game's art up online. And it worked, because it was their intellectual property. Their work, their art. Even IF we could justify it and legally COULD win the lawsuit, aint nobody got money or time to defend against a lawsuit from Nintendo. It's not worth the time and effort. Plain and simple.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero

Gold_TSG

Your face is a boner