Announcing Brawl Minus 4.0!

Jackpot

some angry little twerp
Speaking of Giga Bowser, is the glitch where turning back into normal Bowser that freezes the game going to be fixed? I like playing with items set to ON and NONE so that Donkey Kong and Wario can lead to shenanigans, but if it's a Vs. Bowser matchup I'm always paranoid about the Smash Ball showing up and mucking up everyone's good time when the game freezes.

Thor

Speaking of Giga Bowser, is the glitch where turning back into normal Bowser that freezes the game going to be fixed? I like playing with items set to ON and NONE so that Donkey Kong and Wario can lead to shenanigans, but if it's a Vs. Bowser matchup I'm always paranoid about the Smash Ball showing up and mucking up everyone's good time when the game freezes.

DK and Wario still spawn items when they are set to OFF and NONE, as do Peach and Diddy Kong [Lucas does as well I believe]. The only character affected by items being ON and NONE is DDD. I know this because they were once set to ON and NONE in an FFA at school, and while throwing Waddles I threw a capsule with a Dragoon piece. I grabbed it and then shortly KO'd someone else to make it a 1v1. I used the side+B over and over and threw two more capsules eventually, both of which had Dragoon pieces. I was fortunate enough to grab them [DDD is slow] and beat my opponent with the Dragoon I threw. It was stupid, but very, VERY funny [then we fixed the items setting].

EDIT: Unless you mean ON and NONE allows DK and Wario to spawn items from the stuff they can normally generate, at which point if a smash ball appears you could all agree to just ignore it?

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i set it to all items on, but none appearing so wario and DK can bring in crazy stuff, but only sometimes.. otherwise i'll keep all items off AND at none appearing so the crates don't open and release items

Gifted

The Mother Fucking Queen
I'd like to see a Ganon where he can save his Warlock Punch.
Like how Samus can charge the Energy Ball and store it for later. Or Lucario, or Mewtwo.
Imagine Ganon charging his punch, then sidestep to save it for later.
When you want to use it in a pinch. KA-POW!
I think it would be cool. Though, I doubt it will be implimented.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
That would be the silliest, most broken thing I've ever seen.

NEWB

Not if it got its damage toned down to more normal standards.

but this would definetly screw with how Gandouken works.

Thor

That would be the silliest, most broken thing I've ever seen.

Isn't that the point?

This would actually never ever happen though, unless it sent him into helpless after use in midair, because reasons.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Thor. There is broken, then there is throwing out a OHKO attack potentially immediately whenever you want. Need I remind that this attack has not a single fuck to give about shields either? This concept was broken as fuck on Ike in the past, so there's no reason it would be any better on Dorf.

Thor

Thor. There is broken, then there is throwing out a OHKO attack potentially immediately whenever you want. Need I remind that this attack has not a single fuck to give about shields either? This concept was broken as fuck on Ike in the past, so there's no reason it would be any better on Dorf.

I was referring to NEWB's suggestion of a nerf as well as your saying "Broken" when I said "Isn't that the point?", not the OHKO version.

The OHKO version doing this could only possibly, irrationally, have even a claim to slight fairness, if every single whiff with it cost him a stock [which would still be horrifically unbalanced]. Realistically, two might be slightly fair. Still probably broken because comboing into it [although he can zero-death you anyway]. Maybe just automatic loss would actually approach "fair". But still silly.

Is this STILL not out yet?

No it's still not out. I'm hoping it's out by May, but the dev team is apparently stuck with a coding problem that's taking forever, so it could be a while.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
No it's still not out. I'm hoping it's out by May, but the dev team is apparently stuck with a coding problem that's taking forever, so it could be a while.

Main thing that's stopping us right now is time and school eating all of our time, as well as Sammi's current situation leaving him without internet. When these issues are resolved, our sailing should be a little smoother

Thor

I feel that... my final exams are going to be right around May 10th [the Friday before and week after]. If the devs have the same schedule, I'd HOPE we get Brawl Minus before June, but...

Main thing that's stopping us right now is time and school eating all of our time

Hopefully time stops eating your time... that would strike me as a problem without solution, since what you need consumes itself so readily...

Thor

My final semester of high school is piss easy. But it's supposed to be that way so whatever.

College, not high school. My last semester of high school was also pretty easy all things considered, but college has finals.

Gifted

The Mother Fucking Queen
I never expected my idea to be implimented.
My ideas are usually crap anyway to most people.
Just thought it would be a funny thing to see happen.
Another thing that would be nice, is to have the Comic Sans MS font option.
That's my main font.
Then again, I realised I can use BB code.
SVEET~

Thor

I believe Comic Sans font happens to be somewhat easier to those with dyslexia to read [it's not confirmed but it's thought to be the case by some]. So as much as it may infuriate people who are snobs about font choice, it may legitimately help those with a medical condition.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
interseting. i haven't hesrd that befroe... still if that's true, are there other fonts that achieve similar results without looking like chicken-shit-cat-scratch?

Gifted

The Mother Fucking Queen
I actually like Comic Sans. It fits my cartoony personality.
Hense why I enjoy it alot. Plus my IDGAF nature, too.
I think Storopia would be cool. But I doubt any of you are HTML/CSS freaks like I.

Gifted

The Mother Fucking Queen
Not if it got its damage toned down to more normal standards.

but this would definetly screw with how Gandouken works.
True... I didn't think of it, that way.
I often use Gandouken, myself. I use it as a part of a combo I do with Ganon.

Isn't that the point?

This would actually never ever happen though, unless it sent him into helpless after use in midair, because reasons.
I don't know why. But I got that idea from the whole "WarlockPunchCancelMustReturn"
Don't ask me how it did. I can't tell tell you. I just had a bunch of thoughts in my head.

Thor

Anybody else remember when some of us thought it'd be out before March?