Announcing Brawl Minus 4.0!

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
I am maining Jiggth when 4.0 is released.

NEWB

Mewtwo isn't confirmed for 4.0. I'm not even sure the super secret secrety thing is confirmed for 4.0.

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
I'm not suggesting Minus take PM details and make it their own, but that they simply borrow some codes here and there and give credit where it's due.

It would certainly make a lot of people content and inch us closer to the goal of completing Minus.

Another thing I'd like to see is Lucario's Side-B/Force Palm meteor smash if used in the air, considering he has no meteors or spikes of any kind besides his back throw.

Glyph

'Borrow some codes'? Didn't they do a whole spongebob episode about that just being stealing?

PM is PM. They definitely have some incredible stuff, but that's part of what made them great. We're not going to rip off their hard work.

Thor

Ganon's dair is already electric?

Lucario's side+B is more lethal as is.

If PM distributed its code [made it open-source or whatever] we might grab some stuff, but for now, if PM does it, it's probably ixnay.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
lol, i erased the message.. i'm hoping and expecting a little bit at this point, but i don't wanna ruin anything if i had a good guess there x3 haha, would be an awesome throwback though, and would definitely be fun

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Even though you erased it, that leaves Thor as the spoiler for keeping your message in the quote. The irony is delicious.

Thor

Out of curiosity, what is the dev team's opinion on Falco's side+b -> JC side+b the opposite direction? I know I've done SHDL -> side+b -> JC side+b other direction -> side+b -> ...-> whatever a lot and I know it really, REALLY annoys some people. Side effect of Falco's side+b having a JC, for sure, but does this just look amusing to most of the team or is it a cause for concern [pretty sure I've haven't done it to anyone on the dev team, but @BC and @SunderStorm [now inactive I think] I have definitely done this to...]

Lucis Perficio

Yes let's take life lessons from cartoons instead of being logical.

Brawl Zeus already uses a similar code for Ike's quickdraw as does PM. On the ground, his quickdraw is jump-cancellable much like PM's, though I don't think it goes off the stage or through other players. In the air it functions as it did in Minus, being self-cancellable.

Perhaps the codes themselves don't need to be borrowed, but in many ways PM seems more 'broken' than Minus. But that's just my opinion (and I don't mean it literally).

Lucis Perficio

Also, when executing Lucario's d-air, he releases two kicks which launch horizontally. I haven't seen any meteors from him if not in PM.

Fivavoa

Uwaaaaa~~!
Playtester
Yes let's take life lessons from cartoons instead of being logical.

Brawl Zeus already uses a similar code for Ike's quickdraw as does PM. On the ground, his quickdraw is jump-cancellable much like PM's
the cartoon was written by human beings that exist, and the scenarios were conceptualized using ideas grounded in reality, so yes, getting life lessons from cartoons have the capacity of being valid due to the scenarios having "logical" similarities

in addition, there's no point in trying to get mechanics from one mod into another because then that ruins the point of playing one mod from another in the first place. p:m ike does p:m ike things, minus ike does minus ike things, they're two separate entities with two separate idealisms, and zeus only combines those things together to how they see fit. if you want p:m ike, then go play p:m

Also, when executing Lucario's d-air, he releases two kicks which launch horizontally. I haven't seen any meteors from him if not in PM.
minus isn't p:m

Add to that that Zeus uses the same red color for Lucario as PM, and I'm done.
no shit, zeus has a lot of things from both p:m and minus, bringing it up and using it as a comparison is a waste of time

Thor

It IS possible to space Lucario dair to meteor people - I usually land it most easily by hitting them with the very tip of the dair, often while double-jumping. This way my momentum carries me out of range of the second hitbox and they get meteor-smashed.

Valravn

Plus you can go for yolo meteors with Extremespeed. I don't think I've had a problem killing people off the bottom with Lucario ever. It's his bread and butter until the wackier aura percents.

NEWB

Zues has a lot from pm because as a concept, they took pm physics and combined it with minus Movesets. The concept of minus doesn't involve doing that.

Why do you think pm feels more broken? Just curious.

Don't know why it's a problem but double posting is bad for some reason.

Thor

Zues has a lot from pm because as a concept, they took pm physics and combined it with minus Movesets. The concept of minus doesn't involve doing that.

Why do you think pm feels more broken? Just curious.

Don't know why it's a problem but double posting is bad for some reason.

Double posting actually isn't terrible, but the idea behind more than one post is a spammer trying to make sure everyone reads what they're saying so they post like 100 times [taking up like 4 pages with nothing but the same image/words over and over]. We really, REALLY don't want that, so we just say, "If you want to post something, post it once."

PM 3.02 at times felt more broken than Brawl Minus [3.02 Mewtwo vs Pit could honestly have been a Minus-ish fight with the warping, low-lag projectiles, great recovery, cool combos, and powerful finishers, though it would probably count as a bit tamer and more technical, although technical =/= good by any stretch.] 3.5 is toned down, but Ike's ability to literally cover all tech options from halfway across the stage by reacting with JC grab [or reading with usmash] thanks to QD is pretty nuts. He can also wavedash out of it [which is useful for QD fakeouts, which I think Minus doesn't have on the ground] and unless he can grab both directions out of it in Minus, he can reverse JC grab in PM as well.

Falco's shine dair combos also always feel broken, which our Falco technically lacks [utilt/usmash/dtilt are slower than shine]. Some other characters have some cool stuff as well (Snake's tranq, for instance, though I'm not saying I want the tranq in Minus).

Other than that, I'm not really sure.

For Falco, was considering an idea [as a suggestion] for making Falco's shine like Melee (frame 1, launches upward, JCable), but pressing A while holding B (or quickly enough during startup I guess, maybe in the first 4 frames or something) makes him kick it, but I realized Falco is already really really good and the dev team would probably say he doesn't need this.

Valravn

Ike is definitely the PM character I think of as more 'Minus' than the actual Minus version. Being able to jump cancel out of quick draw, in addition to having the option of not attacking during it, wavedashing out of it... he's a lot more mobile. Or at least a lot more flexible with his mobility. Plus their Ike has an instagib with a sicknasty red slow-mo effect!

Squirtle is probably far more bullshit in PM than in Minus, but my roommate being @daftatt probably colors my opinion of that.

Ph0x3h

If there's ever an issue with people wanting things from PM in Minus, you can always take the code from PM and splice it into Minus.

I've done that and I'm super happy with my results. Took out those tiresome deadweight hitboxes, made Falcon's pawnch a total mindfuck amoung other things. Just learn to do the coding yourself and make your own little game.

Valravn

Which would be fine if I intended to play the game by myself, but I play Smash to play against other people. It's good to have an official build for the game and use it, even if it doesn't have every little feature each of us want.

Jackpot

some angry little twerp
I've had ideas for a Project Minus build for a while, but I've been planning on waiting until both mods have a "gold release." By then hopefully the Clone Engine will be made public so newcomers from both Project M and Brawl- can both be included.

...Brawl- IS gonna have exclusive newcomers someday, right??

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
If there's ever an issue with people wanting things from PM in Minus, you can always take the code from PM and splice it into Minus.

I've done that and I'm super happy with my results. Took out those tiresome deadweight hitboxes...
So you finally figured out how to do that? Nice! Care to post how you did it?

...made Falcon's pawnch a total mindfuck amoung other things. Just learn to do the coding yourself and make your own little game.
Tell me about this. I'm a Punch enthusiast.