Announcing Brawl Minus 4.0!

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
My two cents: vanilla Brawl and Smash 4 are not good for tournament play, fun as they are. Smash 4 at Apex 2015 was grueling to watch while I was waiting for Melee Top 8. 6 minute matches, most of which went to time with only two stocks, and generally defensive play. It's probably more fun by far to play than spectate. What I was referring to mostly in 3.6 was a better UI, with neutrals and counterpicks being separated more cleanly and some important bugs being fixed. (Skyworld's overhanging clouds, Distant Planet's weird convex ledges, etc.)

Big Blue is definitely going to be a counterpick stage at our weekly tournament though. It's not balanced enough to be a neutral, but it's pretty fun.
In our local playgroup, we will gentleman to Big Blue and Mute city fairly often. I'm really hype for the new UI in 4.0 although I'm not sure if it's going to be an edit to the old one to remove the white bars on the edge of the screen or if it will be completely new.

Valravn

I remember not like Mute City in melee/brawl because the main platform didn't have actual ledges. I'll have to see if it has them in Minus, if so I've been wrongfully not playing that one!

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I remember not like Mute City in melee/brawl because the main platform didn't have actual ledges. I'll have to see if it has them in Minus, if so I've been wrongfully not playing that one!
Pretty sure Port Town Aero Drive has ledges but I'm not sure. The cars are less annoying than in Mute City so there's that at least.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
4.0 is definitely more than a patch, we've got multiple champion reworks, major changes to several other fighters, tweaks to basically the entire cast, and a bunch of other planned goodies, like the return of CBliss and SEP, a revamped CSS, and more. That said, all we can give for a release timeframe right now is it's finished when it's finished, and we are still making progress.
Ok Phreak, lead champion designer.

Jackpot

some angry little twerp
PM 3.5 has been out for a lot longer than a month. Having seen some 3.6 test builds, it's actually looking really good. Especially for tournament play.

I'm pretty pumped to hear about the return of SEP though. Does this mean Big Blue is free?

Project M 3.6 test builds? Where are these being showcased?

Also, assuming SEP stands for Stage Expansion Pack, where did that info come from?

Switzer

So I'm super excited for the wolf changes, I'm going to SD so much less now lol. (also no more accidentally saving someone by hitting them with the aerial yay).

That said, what if the held side-b could only hit forward? It could just be that I'm bad, but it's kind of annoying when I hit someone at the edge but they go back to the stage, and I think I should have just tried for the spike even if it was less of a sure thing.

Mariosonicman1

sad thing is with my wii (or copy of smash bros) my game becomes unable to be read if you click on wario OR wolf in the character select screen, so i wont ever get to try these characters out unless random picks them for me... and thats not really good... makes me sad really. wario was interesting to try out.

Valravn

Try changing your hook type to AXNextFrame. Mine used to crash on Pichu and Marth, that fixed it.

Valravn

What launcher do you use? I use Configurable USB Loader, and it shows up in the options menu on page 2. You'll want to turn Ocarina Cheats/Codes on, and set the hook type right below that.

NEWB

The fact that it combos into everything or that dthrow jab1 dthrow etc is a thing, even though the latter isn't an infinite or anything.

Thor

The fact that it combos into everything or that dthrow jab1 dthrow etc is a thing, even though the latter isn't an infinite or anything.

Dthrow shine is already a thing if they miss the tech.

I expect a bigger SDI modifier on his jabs.

NEWB

Well, the idea is if they miss the tech, you should go for jab1 dthrow again. Or is dthrow shine etc always better?

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Well, the idea is if they miss the tech, you should go for jab1 dthrow again. Or is dthrow shine etc always better?
Dthrow to waveshine is better but a lot of people don't have that tech so jab is the next best thing. Doesn't hurt that jab combos into everything.

NEWB

Would it be more reasonable if the jab didn't combo into itself? Or maybe fox's jabs should just be made weaker in percent damage since it gives you stuff for practicaly free.

Thor

Dthrow to waveshine is better but a lot of people don't have that tech so jab is the next best thing. Doesn't hurt that jab combos into everything.

You can dthrow shine dash regrab or usmash if they miss the tech [forced neutral getup]. Waveshine is slightly better but only at the edge because if they DI and hit the tech they're still too far unless you read the tech roll/tech in place. From center stage it's one giant guessing game to where waveshine might leave you less able to follow up or hold stage position.

Thor

Pin Clock I know it's a double post but it's ban over 6 months since you started this thread [was started early December, it's now late May], and I'm pretty sure most finals should be over by now...

Is Minus 4.0 even near completion? Do we have the end of May? Two weeks? Another month? The end of summer? Never?