New Ideas For Characters

A lot more characters added to the OP list, thinking about leaving out spy, sniper, and medic...

• Take out sniper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take out spy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
It amuses me that the EX module conversation is treated like it didn't happen.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
It was silly of me to expect any other response.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
It seems you've found a phrase that you enjoy, and have therefore decided to stick with it.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
Brawlex gets updated every so often, and it is a little complicated, and I understand the frustration, since I too had troubl with it. However this thread is for character ideas that wr hope the dev team can use to put in minus, and brawlex is a tool that people making hacks use, so I'm not sure why you're asking people who download this for info on how to make the hacks. Our goal on this thread is to get the attention of the devs so they might create the characters, and include them in the game. If and once that happens, there isn't any need to put the hacks in manually anyway

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
ALRIGHT GUYS, ADDED A WHOLE BUNCH OF NEW CHARACTERS SINCE LAST POST, NEED IDEAS FOR MOVES THAT TAKE FROM THESE GUYS' IN-GAME ABILITIES :) PLEASE read and PLEASE offer any and all ideas you can!! ^^ I really appreciate everyone's inputs, so please feel encouraged to help me get more ideas up

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT AT ALL??!! D'X

I literally have like two hours of free time a day for myself, and I STILL at least try to think of new ideas Dx doesn't anyone like these ideas or have any they like or anything???

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
I HAVE SOMETHING
Ghirahim.
Cause reasons. Also it'd be hilarious. I'll be burning my skull out on a moveset.

DubLTeamz

Yeah, I thought about it, but decided that we have enough of those moves. (Link/Tink, Sheik, Sonic, G&W.) Instead, I wanted it to be his UpB, where he would teleport up, then fly down like that. If he crossed a ledge he'd grab, and he could angle the teleport (So its not entirely a vertical recovery), and have almost no horizontal movement when going down. It does fit as a Dair tho, and if Ghirahim just straight up teleported, then we could use that.
For his aerials I'm stumped, so any helps appreciated. Something like Vilagers Fair (Slingshot) but with his Knives maybe?

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
that could work too :) however for the other aerials, I think using the other abilities from his chrome looking form would be cool. like a forward smash that uses the giant thick sword as a heavy F-air, ike styled, and maybe the electric hands he does to block as a neutral air twist thing, like lucario's neutral air... just a sword swing behind himself, like marth, but without turning around... and i'm not sure about his up air, but it could easily just be a generic slash overhead, again, like marth's

DubLTeamz

I completely forgot he had different moves when he was in his Obsidian Forme (Not its name, but it looks the same). Those could work. I really just can't help but think he's a cross between Marth and Sheik. He's flamboyant and flashy with his sword, and also teleports, uses needles and kicks, like Sheik.
Also, help with everything is good, (including percents and angles, I have no idea how to balance without something to start from) Aerials are just the most annoying right now. Right now I've got;
Jab{ ----
DashAttack{ His RundownSlash when he chases Link. Slowed down to a reasonable speed.
Grab{ Exactly like he does in SS, similar to Snake's grab.
Pummel{ ----
Bthrow{ Marth's, cause FABULOUS
Fthrow{ Shoves them forward, opponent would end up facing away from him.
Dthrow{ MetaKnight/Kirby's, but slower with less kicks.
Uthrow{ Falco/Fox's, but throws knives instead of shooting lasers.
Stilt{
Dtilt{
Utilit{
Ssmash{ Swings his sword in a diagonal downward slash, like from his fights.
Dsmash{ Throws some knives at his feet, could stun like ZSS NeutralB.
Usmash{ ----
NeutralB{ ----
SideB{ Blood Knives- Holds his hand out and points forward, his arm perpendicular to his body, like in SS when launching the Knives. Launches 3 knives, move slightly slower then Sheik's, doesn't need a charge, but has more end lag. Possible homing mechanic (A La Sonics Homing Attack). REALLY NEEDS WORKED OUT
DownB{ Counter- Holds his hand up like when he catches Link's sword in SS. If hit while Counter is active, he takes no damage and throws his opponent behind him, like a backwards Marth Counter.
UpB{ Tele-SLASHSLAMTHING- He teleports straight up, then quickly falls down and stabs his sword in the ground. Can be slightly moved horizontally when teleporting, but not on the way down. Moves quick enough to work as an attack. Mild endlag, grabs ledges when he reappears from teleport, but not after.
Nair{
Dair{
Uair{
Fair{
Bair{
FinalSmash{ Final Forme Ghirahim- Like Warioman, he takes no damage (His FABULOUS skin), does more damage, and can use his UpB infinitly (to prevent SelfDestructs, may change)
Sheild{ Basic Pary pose, like Ike.
Spotdodge{ Leans back, like Snake.
ForwardRoll{ Uses teleport effect, like Sheik.
BackRoll{ Uses teleport effect, like Sheik.
Airdodge{ ----
Hitstunfall{ The spreadeagle pose he falls in the final fight when knocked off a platform.
Run{ The same as his RundownSlash when he's running.
Ntaunt{
Staunt{
Utaunt{ Licks his sword. Should be cancelable into Utaunt for infinte licking. :D
Victory Animation 1{ Spins sword around and teleports away, like at the end of his boss fights.
Victory Animation 2{ ----
Entry Animation{ Walks in, snaps fingers and grabs his sword, like the start if his boss fights.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
alright, I've added Girahim and a few others to the OP

DubLTeamz

Updating the Ghirahim stuffs.
Its got some gifs in spoilers, cause thinking hurts to much. I'll update this when I think of more instead of making more replies.

Jab{ 1st hit of Peach's Jab
Bb8a8Xt.gif
GetUpAttack{
Pummel{ Grinds his knee into opponent's back. Slow but decent damage.
Dthrow{ Spins the opponent and pushes the opponent and pushes them onto the ground and kicks them away. Kick would look like a football punt.
Aalhd4X.gif
Stilt{ Swings his sword, like Link's 1st Stilt hit.
Dtilt{ Link's Dtilt.
Utilit{
phnrUGg.gif
wRyYAY0.gif
Usmash{ Holds his hand above his head and snaps his fingers, making knives start appear at his feet and circle over him. Similar hitbox to Marth's Utilt.
NeutralB{
6eEMFqn.gif
DownB{ Counter- Holds his hand up like when he catches Link's sword in SS. If hit while Counter is active, he takes no damage and throws his opponent behind him, like a IAE (IEA?) Counter in Sm4sh.
Hy1y224.gif
Nair{
Dair{ Snake's Dair, faster and weaker
Uair{
Fair{ Swings his arm down and forward. One of his attacks from his Final Fight.
Bair{ Swings his arm behind him. Similar to Ganondorf's Bair.
FinalSmash{ Final Forme Ghirahim- Like Warioman, he takes no damage (His FABULOUS skin), does more damage, and can use his UpB infinitly (to prevent SelfDestructs, may change)
Airdodge{
Hitstunfall{ The spreadeagle pose he falls in the final fight when knocked off a platform.
Run{ The same as his Dash Attack when he's running.
Jump{ Same as Marth's.
DoubleJump{ Snake's.
Crouch{ Crouches on tiptoes, with his sword across his knees. No crawl.
Ntaunt{
Staunt{
Utaunt{ Licks his sword. Should be cancelable into Utaunt for infinite licking. :D
wpHNDss.gif
vaAy8Ml.gif
xIPLe9R.gif
eR29vfN.gif

EDIT: Not sure why, but the rest of the stuff is in the Ssmash Spoiler, not sure how to fix it. :\
EDIT 2: Fixed Spoiler issue (Thanks justadood), added Dair, Usmash, Dthrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
Updating the Ghirahim stuffs.
Its got some gifs in spoilers, cause thinking hurts to much. I'll update this when I think of more instead of making more replies.

Jab{ 1st hit of Peach's Jab
Bb8a8Xt.gif
GetUpAttack{
Pummel{
Dthrow{
Aalhd4X.gif
Stilt{ Swings his sword, like Link's 1st Stilt hit.
Dtilt{ Link's Dtilt.
Utilit{
phnrUGg.gif
wRyYAY0.gif
Usmash{
NeutralB{
6eEMFqn.gif
DownB{ Counter- Holds his hand up like when he catches Link's sword in SS. If hit while Counter is active, he takes no damage and throws his opponent behind him, like a IAE (IEA?) Counter in Sm4sh.
Hy1y224.gif
Nair{
Dair{
Uair{
Fair{ Swings his arm down and forward. One of his attacks from his Final Fight.
Bair{
Airdodge{
Run{ The same as his Dash Attack when he's running.
Jump{ Same as Marth's.
DoubleJump{ Snake's.
Crouch{ Crouches on tiptoes, with his sword across his knees. No crawl.
Ntaunt{
Staunt{
Utaunt{ Licks his sword. Should be cancelable into Utaunt for infinte licking. :D
wpHNDss.gif
vaAy8Ml.gif
xIPLe9R.gif
eR29vfN.gif

EDIT: Not sure why, but the rest of the stuff is in the Ssmash Spoiler, not sure how to fix it. :\

fixed... the bracket before "SPOILER" at the end of the Ssmash was missing so they added another "(SPOILER)" to the end

Also, I'll add these to the moveset in the OP

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
Okay. Perhaps for Waluigi, one would need a dedicated team, especially with a member to go back through his appearances and collect some data.

One thing I have noticed about Brawl is that we're lacking some villains. We have Bowser, Gannondorf, and I guess one could count Dedede and MetaKnight as villains too. I realize some villains are just beasts without much finesse, but what are some villains out there that could use some attention? Bring a dark side to Minus.
Going back through old messages, and I think this is a good point.. i already have advocated for movesets for ridley, bowser jr, waluigi, demise, black shadow, and dark samus.. and i would love a kool K'Rool moveset too if one of the devs got some good ideas :D wolf is another villain who doesn't get very much attention i suppose, but other than him and the aforementioned (above), i don't think any other villains are in the game.... ....I don't know about any villains in Pokemon that would be "villainy" enough on their own except maybe Meowth, who I've longed to be in smash since the first game, and who was orignally going to be in until they changed their minds and cut him, bowser and dedede... but i am a bit biased there, as he is my favorite Pokemon, simply for his adorably lame puns... but another good idea of a possible villain could be that dark knight guy from Radiant Dawn... Maybe Eggman and Shadow could rep sonic, and Raiden / grey fox, or Liquid Snake could rep metal gear...Other than those few, I can't think of any villains :p i don't know who'd be good rep for icarus, earthbound, pikmin, game'n'watch, ice climbers, ROB, or Yoshi... except maybe that "baby sitter moveset," if you use Baby Bowser+Kamek

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I almost said Grima, but... yeah....

Raiden wasn't a villain in Metal Gear Solid. He was the main protagonist in MGS2.

Dark Link would be really cool to see.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I had a Dark Samus and a Dark Link...
Dark Samus was immortal.
Dark Link was great.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I dunno why, but I just randomly thought of Psycho Mantis for Minus. Like with all the teleportation and craziness and such.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
lol, give him zelda's teleportation?

And I think Dark Link may be cool... but what about Vaati too? or Zant?

And I know Raiden isn't a villain, I just had one idea before to make him on re-skins of Grey Fox and Liquid Snake as re-skins on Solid Snake.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
I liked @Thor 's idea about Captain Falcon's N64 Usmash, and have been thinking the same thing for a while. in reference to my Black Shadow idea as well, i thought it would be cool to make Black Shadow seem like he took some moves from each Falcon and current Ganon, while changing Ganon to be sword based, using both either one large sword (the one in melee), or two small swords (like in windwaker), and maybe even make those two different character options, since it's two different moveset ideas:

1)- basically, heavy one-sworded Ganon would use the one sword mode (with the sword from melee) with the fighting style he had in the twilight princess boss fight, while using magic attacks, like a sword beam, to balance the moveset, and half of his alts would be for Demise -- therefore it's a oneslot port for two characters

2)- then the two sworded Ganon would use the two sword-style attacks styled after his sword movements in windwaker

either Ganon would have the first mode mentioned (1 heavy sword) only with a Demise alt and moves that fit the both of them,

OR Ganon would have both movesets above (1 heavy sword mode + 2 smaller sword mode) in one with a taunt activation to switch between them, with maybe Demise still in there (somehow)

OR Ganon would only have the second moveset above (two sword mode), and an unarmed mode (that uses both magic and bare fists) with a taunt activation to switch between the two, --- and Demise would be another character entirely, since his only moveset in his game was the one sword style with a little magic

If this was done, then Black Shadow could retain moves like Ganon's "wizard foot", "warlock punch," and basically all his attacks sans maybe some Falcon has that would fit himself better, while falcon could regain moves like his N64 Usmash, his N64 Ssmash, and his N64 Dsmash, with some adjustments to look faster, more fluid, and more powerful than the curve for smash attacks in N64 (I.e. his down smash was long and slow in N64, and would look a lot like samus's, but if put somewhere in between his current Dsmash and samus's, so maybe he just spins in one motion with a quick reverse roundhouse, that may fit)

Last edited by a moderator:

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
Hey everyone, I updated ideas for the TF2 characters and a lot of others as i went through the list :D any and all feedback, as always, is warranted and encouraged ^^