New Ideas For Characters

A lot more characters added to the OP list, thinking about leaving out spy, sniper, and medic...

• Take out sniper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take out spy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Thanks. It didn't take too long to make up (Ftilt, utilt and Uair took a while though). It was just really hard to write all that on a phone.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
oh, dang xP haha, been there though.. nice ideas man :) hopefully they can be used!!

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
Updated the OP for this thread a little while ago... still haven't thought of movesets for a lot of these characters, but can anyone give some feedback?... if anyone has better ideas than i put in or more character ideas or anything, it'd be cool to hear... this is more of a brainstorm thread for anyone thinking about making new characters to get ideas from... i was thinking if i learned how to i might try to do at least one of these eventually

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I have a pretty good idea for Cole MacGrath: If you use certain powers from the good side (like Magnum Shot) or from the bad side (like up smash), it will strengthen the power for moves from that side! Like if you use Magnum Shot multiple times, the power of Good powers like Ice Launch will increase! Debating whether to have moves from the opposite side have their power decrease. If that happens, then neutral moves like his Jab and his Polarity Wall will return the moves to their original power. And maybe different color electricity would differentiate between the two sides.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Well, now that I think about it, its not as a good idea as before. It would just encourage spamming of moves that are empowered and reward the player for it (remember Minus MAX Ike and his healing Aether?).

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
haha, well how about if after every certain amount of damage dealt, like say every 50%, you can use a taunt to make one type stronger...? or maybe for damage dealt out, like every 100% will make a move stronger.. you get a yellow flashing indicator on you, and depending on which taunt you use, either "good" moves or "evil" moves will get a boost... maybe we make them temporary, or maybe like ike, it does damage to you and can be cancelled with a "super combo".... i dunno, something along the lines of one of those would be cool

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
haha, well how about if after every certain amount of damage dealt, like say every 50%, you can use a taunt to make one type stronger...? or maybe for damage dealt out, like every 100% will make a move stronger.. you get a yellow flashing indicator on you, and depending on which taunt you use, either "good" moves or "evil" moves will get a boost... maybe we make them temporary, or maybe like ike, it does damage to you and can be cancelled with a "super combo".... i dunno, something along the lines of one of those would be cool
I never even thought of that. That's genius!

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
what if it was a little like ike? like how with ike "sword attacks add to no sympathy mode", what if good attacks add to good meter and bad attacks to bad meter, but they also take away from their opposite meter when one is used, so it takes a lot of work with landing one "type" of attack while trying not to use other kinds of attacks, and the prize for getting higher is some different for each one: like for evil modes it's damage to self for attacks, but with more power and a combo to close it, and for good, it's healing for attacks landed, but no strength increase, and it only lasts for a certain amount of hits?... something like that might not be too hard to balance

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
what if it was a little like ike? like how with ike "sword attacks add to no sympathy mode", what if good attacks add to good meter and bad attacks to bad meter, but they also take away from their opposite meter when one is used, so it takes a lot of work with landing one "type" of attack while trying not to use other kinds of attacks, and the prize for getting higher is some different for each one: like for evil modes it's damage to self for attacks, but with more power and a combo to close it, and for good, it's healing for attacks landed, but no strength increase, and it only lasts for a certain amount of hits?... something like that might not be too hard to balance
You sir are full of good ideas. But watch the devs not put in Cole so all our ideas go to waste.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
you're too kind x3 haha, but yeah, you might be right... good news is that even if this moveset was made elsewhere, like brawlvault, the balancing to minus standards would only require damage and knockback adjustments, since for the most part, this moveset seems like it would be fast enough, so animation could probably be made just one time and it'll be good

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
you're too kind x3 haha, but yeah, you might be right... good news is that even if this moveset was made elsewhere, like brawlvault, the balancing to minus standards would only require damage and knockback adjustments, since for the most part, this moveset seems like it would be fast enough, so animation could probably be made just one time and it'll be good
Some people already made an entire Cole MacGrath costume for Ike, complete with recolors, so they could just use that for the design.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
sounds like it would be a pretty cool character to see.. any thoughts on the characters i put up so far?.. tails, knuckles, shadow, grey fox, and waluigi have movesets on the brawlvault, and since the devs used that roy moveset from the vault as a base it wouldn't be far off to see them using those movesets and maybe just "minus-ify" them

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
sounds like it would be a pretty cool character to see.. any thoughts on the characters i put up so far?.. tails, knuckles, shadow, grey fox, and waluigi have movesets on the brawlvault, and since the devs used that roy moveset from the vault as a base it wouldn't be far off to see them using those movesets and maybe just "minus-ify" them
I think it would be cool to see a Sonic Battle inspired moveset for the Sonic characters. Like, all their moves are already planned out, and it would be cool to see them Minus-ified. Raiden/Gray Fox would be even cooler to see, not to mention that there's already a Gray Fox moveset and a Raiden moveset, complete with recolors and a voice. Can't say anything for people like Spyro or Banjo-Kazooie or anything. You had a good idea for Paper Mario, but I especially liked the Young Link/Adult Link idea. Having an entirely new character that can transform would be awesome.

pkjoan

How about this, bring back the remaining melee vets but make then so broken that they are unique. For example, I really liked the idea somebody posted of an Adult/Young Link PSA. If not, we can have Young Link use weapons from the Child Era to differentiate him enough from Toon Link and Adult Link. Like, Adult Link is based on Hidden Skills, Toon Link on his items, how about somebody based on Magic and Equipment (Ie. Tunics, Silver Gauntlets, Masks, Spells).

Also, we could have Mewtwo and change completely his Down B and Side B.

Another idea is to wait for the unofficial project M Ridley mod to finish and somehow make him "Minus Like".

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
How about this, bring back the remaining melee vets but make then so broken that they are unique. For example, I really liked the idea somebody posted of an Adult/Young Link PSA. If not, we can have Young Link use weapons from the Child Era to differentiate him enough from Toon Link and Adult Link. Like, Adult Link is based on Hidden Skills, Toon Link on his items, how about somebody based on Magic and Equipment (Ie. Tunics, Silver Gauntlets, Masks, Spells).
Yes....Just yes...well, only if Adult/Young Link moveset isn't workable.
Also, we could have Mewtwo and change completely his Down B and Side B.
That's not very unique, isn't it?
Another idea is to wait for the unofficial project M Ridley mod to finish and somehow make him "Minus Like".
No.

pkjoan

Yes....Just yes...well, only if Adult/Young Link moveset isn't workable.
That's not very unique, isn't it?
No.
The thing is that just using Kienemaru's (mispelled?) Mewtwo PSA is just copying Mewtwo from Project M into Minus. All Brawl Minus character have something unique from new b attacks to custom taunts that affect gameplay.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
The thing is that just using Kienemaru's (mispelled?) Mewtwo PSA is just copying Mewtwo from Project M into Minus. All Brawl Minus character have something unique from new b attacks to custom taunts that affect gameplay.
Yes, but I'd rather see a completely original character rather than a simple port. Like how Minus devs made Pichu and Roy and possibly even Adult/Young Link and Paper Mario and Cole MacGrath?

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
One idea I've been aching to get support for is team fortress 2 characters in brawl :D and before you go saying "how could they get recoveries?" Since only scout has the air jump:
Engie- eureka effect -- teleport up b
Demo- loose cannon -- explosion at feet (maybe with base jumper)
Heavy- GOMU -- uppercut
Scout- force'a nature -- shot gun at feet
Pyro- either rainblower fountain downward, or flaregun detonate at feet
Soldier- rocket jump, plus base jumper

And supports will actually be supports, like an ultrataunt every so often that will either heal you, headshot an enemy in front of you, or backstab one behind you... I think spy could be a good character, with a dead ringer counter, a cloak feint-dash (like lucario's agility in PM), and a daimond back with a crit after successful consecutive sweetspot hits with knife attacks... but I couldn't think of a recovery move except using an enemy teleporter :p

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
I have ideas for a full moveset for each of them, but I can't use my laptop for a long while.... anyway, I also had the thought to put cloud, sephiroth, sora, roxas, and a few other characters from video game origins in general (unlike anime characters, or comic book characters, lke I see on brawlvault)