The Official Match-Making Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I'll be on the xat all day and night today. Today's schedule is Minus and job applications. Really need some matches.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I do have it and I've added you. I'll host.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Nice comeback. Very skilled indeed. I must be off for the night.

NEWB

Alright! That was very fun! I had to change up how I play because it wasn't working. What killed you that match was trying to hit with the second explosion of sheiks up b.

Man I'm gonna miss wifi matches. I may have to get a PC just so I can play on dolphin.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
It's all about the second explosion. I realized today that I could use it as a counter and a KO move, making my Sheik game much stronger. Honestly, it seems that there are characters I simply can't win against: a good Gannondorf and a great Bowser.

NEWB

Nah bro. It's all about the first explosion. That is the counter you should be using. Trying to hit with the second one will leave you open. With the first one, you are almost TOO safe.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I agree with you, I was just being difficult. I'd say it doesn't leave me as open if I use it as a chase maneuver.

NEWB

Also true. I haven't seen it used that way yet. It should also work in theory. But man, with proper discipline, that first explosion is brutal. Gotta use it in the right instances though.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I tried to use it on you a few times, but I couldn't foresee your position. I am going to miss wifi, even though I only started playing it last week. I do have dolphin but I'm unsure how that will fix anything. Unless dolphin has its own server.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Is that so? Well, perhaps it's something we can look forward to. Project M adds characters, we add characters. Project M gets a server, then we can get one too.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Anyone up for a few while I'm around for a bit?

Gold_TSG

Anyone?

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
hyes! ...guide me how to use this new wifi though?.. it crashes at stage load for me Dx

EDIT: it's because i didn't know what to do with "step two" of that process... ...i don't really understand what i need to do after i put my friend code into that website and edit my DNS server with that other one... ...i'm confused...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_TSG

I have no idea. I still connect to wifi just fine. If you wanna play, we can, if your wifi is working.

Thor

I *should* be available most of this weekend [5/17 and 5/18]. I know NEWB and I are gonna clear some Mirror Masters out of the way some point soon (I think like 3 CST unless he needs a later time or a bit earlier), but I'm definitely up for playing whomever. I'm gonna check back here around noon or so, so leave a message here if you want to schedule a time today or tomorrow and I'll do what I can to make it work. I don't think I will be up past like 10:30, unless I'm starting playing Wifi before 9:30 or so, in which case I can stretch it some, so it would be great if people could keep their desired Wifi start times before 9:30pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.