Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Mother. Fucking. MEWTWO.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
OH, so Nintendo puts in the Pokemon who's tail is at the wrong end instead of the awesome red-headed swordsman?
Way to go, fucking Nintendo. (to be honest, I am kinda hype for it.)

NEWB

Well it's been said, no one likes Roy apparently.

I mean, generally no one likes Roy. Seeing as how Lucian already exists, I wouldn't like him either.

Thor

This thread...

So yeah he might be in if you can afford both games and probably a Wii U...

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
I will always find it pretty hypocritical how people only started to really care about Mewtwo when he was cut from Melee. Other than then, I never heard people talk about him or use him. He needs the kind of make over that Bowser and Yoshi got so he sucks less. Unless they go the full Doc M route and just port him over in all his Melee mediocrity.

On that note, I already have both own 3DS game and got the WiiU game reserved ;)

People are really f**king ungrateful though, Samurai and his henchmen have added SO MUCH to Smash 4 and people still whine lol no lcancel high level play why did you spoon feed the casuals with the new edge mechanics you suck Samurai never make games again if this ain't competitive it's a shit game lol

Gold_TSG

I have 3DS smash and am getting the Wii U version. I am one of the apparent few who actually enjoyed Mewtwo, and I've already needed a change of pants from all this overflowing hype.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
I have 3DS smash and am getting the Wii U version. I am one of the apparent few who actually enjoyed Mewtwo, and I've already needed a change of pants from all this overflowing hype.
I like Mewtwo in PM. I liked using Mewtwo in Melee. But I still think he needs the upgrade =/ I'm more hyped about who they could potentially add as DLC now. The direct pretty much completely debunked the Tower of Smash leak so now anything goes. Isaac for smash pls.

How come no one else supports Roy for Smash 4?
There are supporters, it's just I don't think most people really care anymore. Especially not with Lucina around.

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
The Direct has made me need a Wii U, if only for Smashbros. Also, MEWTWO. Cool that hes back, but the bigger thing here is that DLC Lucas/Snake/Wolf is possible!
I think that if Dr. Mario and Mewtwo can come back, then Roy/Pichu can as well. (If only for the fact that Pichu would be a massive troll move. And Toon Link means no Young Link) Also extremely hype for 8-player smash! Now all my bros and I can play at once! Custom stage builder is cool, but will massively be infested by dick stages and the like.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I'm glad Mewtwo's coming back, but I would have MUCH preferred Snake. I mean, there's SIX playable Pokemon now. :/

Last edited:

NEWB

They are only adding him in because people wanted him so much I think. Also, they have 5 in brawl and in smash 4 normally so I would say that is a good thing that they are trying to not have a ton of pokemon in this game.

Gold_TSG

Lucas won't be coming back because Ness has all his specials now.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
the bigger thing here is that DLC Lucas/Snake/Wolf is possible!
Idunno man, they referenced Snake by name when talking about Pit/Starfox stage taunts... To me, that signals that "he doesn't have a chance for this installment". Unless of course, they for some reason reconsider later on... but I'm not counting on it too much. :(
I will always find it pretty hypocritical how people only started to really care about Mewtwo when he was cut from Melee.
You don't know how great something is 'till it's gone.

Also, I want this shirt.

13905434_13376058-tsrmw120_l.jpg

Thor

I will always find it pretty hypocritical how people only started to really care about Mewtwo when he was cut from Melee. Other than then, I never heard people talk about him or use him. He needs the kind of make over that Bowser and Yoshi got so he sucks less. Unless they go the full Doc M route and just port him over in all his Melee mediocrity.

On that note, I already have both own 3DS game and got the WiiU game reserved ;)

People are really f**king ungrateful though, Samurai and his henchmen have added SO MUCH to Smash 4 and people still whine lol no lcancel high level play why did you spoon feed the casuals with the new edge mechanics you suck Samurai never make games again if this ain't competitive it's a shit game lol

People cared a lot in 2002, when the first tier list came out and tons of people wanted him higher.

But he's bad, so they stopped caring. Brawl he got a second chance to not suck, but then he wasn't included which caused a huge fuss. Then people got hopes up that Sakurai would make a non-crappy Mewtwo for Smash 4.

It's not hypocrisy, it's just that he sucked in the only title he was in so people stopped caring about him so much in Melee. Sort of like no one cared about Kirby in Melee but people hoped he'd be better in Brawl (and also now in Smash 4).

EDIT: As far as "Too many Pokémon reps" goes, I saw someone do a breakdown on some measure of relevance of the games (By I think title and money produced or something) and essentially, Ninetendo could use that logic and add as many Mario reps from any spin-off under the banner "is Mario rep" as they wanted, and add more Pokémon (beyond Pichu and Mewtwo, they could add more), and I think LoZ would get a few extra reps too. Then pretty much everyone else is like token or whatever.... I should go find that breakdown...

Last edited by a moderator:

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Roy haters. Although, I would love to see Snake come back. And just because Pit has his new Smash Taunt thing doesn't deconfirm Snake. It just means should Snake return, he might lose his Codec calls.

AND THAT ROY KOOPA JOKE GOT OLD THE MOMENT IT WAS STARTED.

GaMeZ

Heres the direct thing if anyone new wonders in.

Guys, 8-player Smash. I'm gonna be a, SMASH, at parties. HOITEEEHEEE! No really, too much hype. I thought this was just gonna be the 3DS version but prettier. They are really working ther balls off to make it unique. Respects.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
I dunno man, they referenced Snake by name when talking about Pit/Starfox stage taunts... To me, that signals that "he doesn't have a chance for this installment". Unless of course, they for some reason reconsider later on... but I'm not counting on it too much. :(

Actually people are assuming he has a good chance to be in just cause he got referenced by name. Not quite sure how the logic on that works.

People cared a lot in 2002, when the first tier list came out and tons of people wanted him higher.

But he's bad, so they stopped caring. Brawl he got a second chance to not suck, but then he wasn't included which caused a huge fuss. Then people got hopes up that Sakurai would make a non-crappy Mewtwo for Smash 4.

It's not hypocrisy, it's just that he sucked in the only title he was in so people stopped caring about him so much in Melee. Sort of like no one cared about Kirby in Melee but people hoped he'd be better in Brawl (and also now in Smash 4).

EDIT: As far as "Too many Pokémon reps" goes, I saw someone do a breakdown on some measure of relevance of the games (By I think title and money produced or something) and essentially, Nintendo could use that logic and add as many Mario reps from any spin-off under the banner "is Mario rep" as they wanted, and add more Pokémon (beyond Pichu and Mewtwo, they could add more), and I think LoZ would get a few extra reps too. Then pretty much everyone else is like token or whatever.... I should go find that breakdown...

I never even considered that, we really do have a lot of Pokemon reps :confused: I couldn't stand having so many pokemon in Brawl and that was only 6. Now we're getting 7. Although it bothers me less now since we have so many other characters too but I always feel pokemon is a little overrepresented. They have a a lot of playable Pokemon and they have the poke balls too. I realize Pokemon is a money flood for Ninty though.

So Andre from Gamexplain played the game and gives us random lines about his thoughts. Now here's my question to you guys : Does it look like the blast lines are still too far? I can't tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thor

Actually people are assuming he has a good chance to be in just cause he got referenced by name. Not quite sure how the logic on that works.

I never even considered that, we really do have a lot of Pokemon reps :confused: I couldn't stand having so many pokemon in Brawl and that was only 6. Now we're getting 7. Although it bothers me less now since we have so many other characters too but I always feel pokemon is a little overrepresented. They have a a lot of playable Pokemon and they have the poke balls too. I realize Pokemon is a money flood for Ninty though.

So Andre from Gamexplain played the game and gives us random lines about his thoughts. Now here's my question to you guys : Does it look like the blast lines are still too far? I can't tell.

7??? Pikachu, Greninja, Charizard, Puff, Mewtwo, and Lucario... who am I missing? Kirby is a pink marshmallow (so says Snake), but he's not a Pokémon...

Also I think Smash is the biggest money-printer for Nintendo pretty much ever (or for any game company for that matter); after all, what other game has actually sold consoles on its own?

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
7??? Pikachu, Greninja, Charizard, Puff, Mewtwo, and Lucario... who am I missing? Kirby is a pink marshmallow (so says Snake), but he's not a Pokémon...

Also I think Smash is the biggest money-printer for Nintendo pretty much ever (or for any game company for that matter); after all, what other game has actually sold consoles on its own?

Oh yeah, it's only 6. My bad :p ActuallyDHDistotallyapokemon #DHDConspiracy

Well, MKart has :(