Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Glyph

So I'm super impatient and got a Japanese 3ds, the demo is NOTHING compared to how good the full game feels. And that's still based off me loving the demo.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
So I'm super impatient and got a Japanese 3ds, the demo is NOTHING compared to how good the full game feels. And that's still based off me loving the demo.

...I mean...people did it for Brawl too but isn't importing pretty expensive? :/

Glyph

Not horribly no, not when you time it so you can ship the 3ds back at the end of the 14 days as the english version comes out!

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Have you guys tried the matchup between Mario and Villager.
I don't know why but out of all the level nine computers he gives me the most trouble as villager.
I think there's already bad match ups. Unless I just suck as villager. It might because it is not stocked matches.
Mario always kills me once and avoids everything and time runs out. I don't have an opinion on the characters yet. I need to play it alot more to get a good feel for it. I'll say this though.
The killboxes are a bit too big. People are living too long to me. But that's personal preference.

Last edited by a moderator:

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
I don't know why but out of all the level nine computers he gives me the most trouble as villager.
I think there's already bad match ups. Unless I just suck as villager. It might because it is not stocked matches.
Mario always kills me once and avoids everything and time runs out. I don't have an opinion on the characters yet. I need to play it alot more to get a good feel for it. I'll say this though.
The killboxes are a bit too big. People are living too long to me. But that's personal preference.

I didn't find it TOO hard. My hardest was Pika < Mario. Hate CPU Mario, and suck with Pika. Despite being level 9s, Villager's Tree screws them over. Blocks Mario's Fireball, causes him to shorthop a lot, and when he tries to get over, you can drop the tree on him or Utilt. Just don't rely on smashes. It is hard to learn in the course of two minutes though. And is it me, or if the CPU has a lead, does it seem to run and camp more? It seems if I accidentally SD, and the CPU gains the lead, it runs away a lot. Also, Capeing MegaMan after Rush Coil gives it back, despite no flinch. Trying to edgeguard MegaMan with Mario, and he goes past the ledge, I cape him and he misses the ledge, then UpBs again. Like, three times in a row.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster

There's no reason to believe match ups don't already exist. For example, I think in Link vs Pikachu, Pikachu > Link in all honesty. Also Villager > Megaman for me too.

Thor

There's no reason to believe match ups don't already exist. For example, I think in Link vs Pikachu, Pikachu > Link in all honesty. Also Villager > Megaman for me too.

From what I saw, it might be Pikachu > Link, but not by that much. Pikachu has to approach (t-jolt isn't gonna cut it versus bombs and a boomerang) and Link's jab and tilts are not terribly slow. They can each combo each other, but I don't THINK Pikachu can gimp Link TOO easily (if Link can space his dair he can meteor Pikachu).

Time will tell but I don't think Pikachu bodies Link or anything (I know the AI Pikachu (a level 9 and a level 7 I faced a few times each) got bopped by my Link the two times I had the demo - not that beating up AI means anything either).

NEWB

Well even if this guy beats that guy, the matchup isn't remarkably one sided and that is very exciting to me.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
I will say this. Megaman short hops is god-like. I just short hop every where all over the place. Shorthopping with megaman is like dash dancing. It's hilariously great. I kept playing the game. Mario ain't that bad anymore I had to get a bit better. Villager can really wreck megaman though. I feel anyone who could reflect projectiles can wreck megaman.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
I was watching some tournament footage and Rosalina's weird projectile deflecting move can take the gyro right out from under Village while he's riding on it. Whoa.
Was I the only one who imagined Villager taking out a pocketed ROB Gyro and surfing on it?

NEWB

I think he meant the rocket....

Rising on the gyro would hurt so much, unless the villager was into that sort of thing....

Thor

Psh I saw that on the livestream.

And you've clearly never had to fight TL dittos in Minus... those things take forever, at least when Lightning and I did them (We had a 2-1 set where game 1 took more than 6 minutes, game 2 took 5 minutes (Metal Cavern), and game 3 took another 6 or so minutes).

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster

I lack an FB account, what did you link?

BTW are we allowed to talk about other Brawl mods here? Because I found today that the PM people managed to do this : http://www.gamnesia.com/news/smash-bros.-modders-make-a-working-playable-ridley#.VCSsYRawSGx

Although it looks like all they though was take the boss model and rework it to be playable :/ Can't people be patient and see if we get Ridley (not that I'm interested in having him in) as DLC? Is Brawl - gonna add it's own unique people too? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EXCITING EPISODE OF BRAWL MINUS Z!

If I'm breaking any rules here, pls delete my post and make my punishment not hurt much :<

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

I may not actually enter because there are lots of people in California.....

And I honestly don't care that much since you'll probably lose, since the matches are with items and are time matches.

I hope they stream it.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I may not actually enter because there are lots of people in California.....

And I honestly don't care that much since you'll probably lose, since the matches are with items and are time matches.

I hope they stream it.
Why can't Nintendo run a real tournament ;_;

In other news I just found out about Rush Canceling. Basically you can cancel non tumble hitstun with certain special attacks. The list of these attacks is fucking ridiculous and includes stuff like Pika's Thunder.

NEWB

Well, the nationals will be 1v1 and customizations are unlocked.

Then maybe rush canceling isn't the best term to describe all those specials?

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Of course they're all gamestops that are out of my range. What else is new?

Thor

Of course they're all gamestops that are out of my range. What else is new?

Ganondorf's custom up-special number 3. It means he has an actual vertical recovery now (I saw it done below the bottom of Battlefield and make it back...).