Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Ness has been confirmed via leak, yes.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Dat Lucario with his 5(?) blue costumes.

tumblr_lor25houq61qk0j55o1_250.gif

Also, Pacman gets nothing.

Thor

That trick also works with the trees that can be chopped down.

I know one guy who was planning to play Lucario now wants to team with Villager in doubles (Villager tanks while Lucario goes in, at high percents Lucario's aura sphere could be pocketed then... well who knows how strong it would get?)

Thor

FALCO CONFIRMED FOR SMASH 4!!!

Also, first to say it here.

Thor

I don't get a video when I look at the link....

So falco was confirmed? Is that it?

I didn't add a video link.

But yes, he's been confirmed - at least one of the streamers has him unlocked.

Thor

Also some of the Ridley fans are so ridiculously salty it's hilarious.

I'm glad Ridley's not in. If only there was no Duck Hunt Dog and any vet in his place, it would be perfect...

Thor

Admittedly I don't mind Duck Hunt Dog AS MUCH anymore, but I'd still rather any of the cut vets made it in over him...

But yeah, I'm now once again excited for the roster as-is.

Also people still spreading rumors about DLC and/or Mewtwo/Ridley/Dixie - I believe DLC MAYBE but not the other half.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Whelp, I guess that's it. I'm impressed by most of the newcomers, sad for the cuts... and rather confused about the inclusion of Dark Pit...

=
I'm glad Ridley's not in. If only there was no Duck Hunt Dog and any vet in his place, it would be perfect...
Why, and why? You'd be happier for a cloney vet rather than a unique newcomer?

Let's just hope Roy gets back in.
Yeah... nah.

Thor

Whelp, I guess that's it. I'm impressed by most of the newcomers, sad for the cuts... and rather confused about the inclusion of Dark Pit...

Why, and why? You'd be happier for a cloney vet rather than a unique newcomer?

Yeah... nah.

ICs = cloney vet???

Where'd you dream that one up??? Luma and Rosalina aren't even close... unless you're making a joke about Nana = Popo clone.

If so, then never mind, I approve of your humor.

Dark Pit confuses me a little bit too - perhaps they wanted to reach 50 characters exactly pretty badly, but time crunch, and so were like "We already remade Pit, just tweak some stuff" since they wanted to remake characters from the ground up, instead of trying to just rip Snake/Lucas/ICs out of Brawl and pray?

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
ICs = cloney vet???

Where'd you dream that one up??? Luma and Rosalina aren't even close... unless you're making a joke about Nana = Popo clone.

If so, then never mind, I approve of your humor.

Dark Pit confuses me a little bit too - perhaps they wanted to reach 50 characters exactly pretty badly, but time crunch, and so were like "We already remade Pit, just tweak some stuff" since they wanted to remake characters from the ground up, instead of trying to just rip Snake/Lucas/ICs out of Brawl and pray?

For some reason I forgot IC's for a second, and thought you meant Wolf/Lucas. I'm still sad they're gone, but... I think I could deal with it if one of them were replaced with someone entirely new, maybe. Still kinda disappointed though. ICs and Snake cuts have scars that run deep for me and my group.

And... I actually didn't think of that as a joke. I'm kinda ashamed of myself.

I was hoping that Dark Pit would at least get the Brawl treatment and have some different normals/animations at least, but from what I see, he looks really, really plain.

I'm going to pretend like all Tybis said was Yeah.
Well the full roster is kinda confirmed through leaks via live streams, so...

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
Dark Pit irks me. He should have been a palette swap, not a whole character. They didn't even use his sniper/staff thing instead of Pit's bow.
AND. Why the HELL is Wolf/Lucas not AT LEAST an alternate skin for Fox/Ness???? Never mind that they were cut. They made Bowser Jr. have full costumes and sounds and CSS stuff for his alts, and 4 Alph alts for Olimar, ignoring the fact that Robin has a completely redone costume in FemRobin.

I lost my mains. (Lucas>Snake>Wolf) I am extremely disappointed with this roster.
(Deep sympathy for Ice Climbers as well. Didn't play them, but sad they're gone.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thor

My theory is that with like a month left, they needed like 2 characters to get to 50 and someone was like "Let's do Doc and Dark Pit!" and people agreed because they needed characters and so they are now in Smash 4.

Just my guess though.

You are offically THE biggest meanie on these forums, Tybis.
Sorry about the language, but it had to be said.

My, so vulgar.