Stages of Brawl Minus

NEWB

I likes it. Fun stages are fun. Stages that do nothing are never really fun. Stages that are irregular like hyrule castle count as fun in my book.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
My local group and I don't mind irregular stages -- Hyrule Castle 64 is their favorite stage -- we just don't like playing serious matches on stages that can kill you.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Final Frustration was fun the first few matches, but it got old after a while. With the default music on it set to Pikmin instead of that custom track, it's boring to play on, and it's irritating to play on a stage that gives zero fucks how great your recovery is. Hectic stages are nice, but it isn't fun to lose stocks just because the stage decided to pull just far enough away where you can't grab the ledge.

NEWB

That's why you don't have serious matches here. It's a place for FFAs or just to not play seriously. Hectic stages are not legal. Irregular stages are not legal.

Which reminds of something else.

Devs, if you aren't gonna make stages that are tourney legal like the current stage list we use for tourneys, then don't bother editing other stages drastically. That is unless they are hazardous, fun stages like frustration or lavaville. Otherwise, you would be wasting your time. I don't think that has happened yet though.

I'm just saying fun stages or legal stages are what should be focused. I personaly think we need a bit more off the wall stages.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Off the wall?
> consistently techs off of PM training room's wall

Vauss

I have nothing against fun, irregular, hectic, off the wall or otherwise ridiculous stages. I just singled out FF because it literally makes me want to vomit

Vauss

I have nothing against fun, irregular, hectic, off the wall or otherwise ridiculous stages. I just singled out FF because it literally makes me want to vomit

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
That's why you don't have serious matches here. It's a place for FFAs or just to not play seriously. Hectic stages are not legal. Irregular stages are not legal.

Which reminds of something else.

Devs, if you aren't gonna make stages that are tourney legal like the current stage list we use for tourneys, then don't bother editing other stages drastically. That is unless they are hazardous, fun stages like frustration or lavaville. Otherwise, you would be wasting your time. I don't think that has happened yet though.

I'm just saying fun stages or legal stages are what should be focused. I personaly think we need a bit more off the wall stages.

FF isn't fun to play on. Period. I could play Big Blue or Norfair (the good one) all day and still have fun.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
So what specificly am I importing to the smash 4 FD?
I'm not sure how else to explain it besides what I said previously... I'm sorry if I'm not being too helpful.
Assuming you're using the new Brawlbox (or at least something recent), the collision data is blue and is abbreviated COLL if I remember right. I'd check myself, but I'm stuck on a Mac at the moment, which obviously can't run Brawlbox :(
You're basically just exporting Minus FD's collisions, STPM, etc. by right-clicking on them, and then opening up your Smash 4 FD and repeating the process, except now you're right-clicking on the corresponding data and selecting "replace".

NEWB

That's opinionated gold. I mean, I don't need to tell you that. You don't kill stages that people will like unless it's in favor of a better stage. That doesn't mean replacing hazard stages with non hazard stages either. There has to be both in a smah game.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Here's a suggestion:

Make two different Stage Packs next release: Standard and Expanded.

There are 41 Stage Slots by default in Brawl, so decide what everyones' top 41 stages are via a vote.

Put those stages in the 41 original Slots. The Standard Pack is now complete.

Next, make an Expanded Pack. Use the Stage Expansion code to raise the number of Stage Slots to 78.

Do not use the code that makes all 78 Stages Randomly selectable.

Random Stage Select should work just fine with the 41 original Stage Slots.

The 37 extra Stages will not be Randomly selectable at all.

Expanded Pack players should be able to play against Standard Pack players online without desynching, as long as they do not pick one of the 37 additional stages. You could highlight those 37 slots in a different color, and warn players not to pick Expanded Stages unless they know the opponent has the same extra stages.

People who love Random Stage Select could not complain, because they wouldn't be losing anything.

People who use the Expanded Pack can swap out the extra stages with others without having to worry about their online opponents picking a stage via Random which they modified (that would cause a desynch).

How about we get started by making a topic with the 100 Best Stages?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Bring the Tetris stage...

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
I think this might be a very annoying thing to do simply because of song placement. Unless we could just reposition them all which in that case, I'm all for it.

NEWB

Except that would be a lot of work. But it's hard for anyone to say which should be prioritized.

Maybe perfect the existing stages first before doing that? No point to add more stages when crappy ones like onett exist. Any additional stages are also bound to not be anymore tourney legal generally speaking,

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Not changing the stage slots, but just visually moving them around, is the idea at hand, if I understand correctly.
If so, then songs won't be affected. If not, tell me I'm wrong then disregard my words.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Yes. They usually already have songs assigned to them, at least the SEP I use does it with codes. You can then replace these songs. The songs themselves are copied over things like the AllStar rest area music, Coin Launcher song, occasionally some SSE songs, and other obscure things in the game that you've probably only heard a handful of times.