Greatest moments in brawl (minus) not caught on film!

Thor

I was using Peach and I got a bair-bair-up special kill on the edge of the stage. The parasol went past the blast line but Peach didn't. An example of perfect spacing.

Can you intentionally kill yourself off the top? I don't think you can... given that I've tried with Falco...

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Sonic dittos. Me vs. MegaSaturn99. Peach's Castle. He does a dSmash and runs right into mine, killing him. I'm done.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Im playing Captain Falcon on Yoshi's story against my friend. I've memorized Randal's movements from Melee. Im hanging on the left side of the stage. I drop down and jump. My buddy expects an aerial and sheild but I land on Randal and FALCON PAWWNCH. Break his sheild and reverse Falcon punch ftw.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
So this just happened:
Me (Roy) vs. Kienamaru (Link)
Link pulls out a bomb, but is knocked downwards by Roy. Link tries to Spin Attack to the ledge but is too low down to recover and goes onto his helpless state. Roy begins charging his fSmash. The bomb explodes and sends Link right into Roy's fully-charged fSmash which KOs him.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
I'm still laughing from this match.
Me(Mr. Game & Watch) vs Greatest_Aether(Ganondorf)
Ganon wiffs an Fsmash, and I punish with a dair into Judge, which happens to be a 5. I proceed to combo into a 4, then a 7, then a 9. What are the chances of this perfect sequence of Judge numbers? XD

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I'm still laughing from this match.
Me(Mr. Game & Watch) vs Greatest_Aether(Ganondorf)
Ganon wiffs an Fsmash, and I punish with a dair into Judge, which happens to be a 5. I proceed to combo into a 4, then a 7, then a 9. What are the chances of this perfect sequence of Judge numbers? XD
I ragequit solely because of that.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I'm playing @BC my Peach vs. BC's Diddy. We're talking on Skype. He was destroying me earlier with a 3-1 lead. I manage to land some combos and some turnip pull hax and manage to come back. We're camping because we're at our last stocks on high percents. I tell him, "Every second you don't approach is a chance that I pull a bomb-omb or something." At that moment I get a Bomb-omb and kill him with it XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I'm playing @BC my Peach vs. BC's Diddy. We're talking on Skype. He was destroyin me earlier with a 3-1 lead. I manage to land some combos and some turnip pull hax and manage to come back. We're camping because we're at our last stocks on high percents. I tell him, "Every second you don't approach is a chance that I pull a bomb-omb or something." At that moment I get a Bomb-omb and kill him with it XD

That turnip tech though
Peach is always scary to fight because of that damn downB.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Me (Ike) and Level 9 CPU (Samus) vs. Level 9 CPU (Zelda) and Level 9 CPU (Meta Knight):
I land a sweetspot dair on Meta Knight, and Samus launches her fully-charged neutral B at Zelda. Zelda perfect-shields it, and changes the direction of the projectile. It is reflected straight up and hits Meta Knight, KOing him.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
So, I haven't played Minus in a few months.
Just yesterday, I decided to see if I still have my old skill. Unfortunately, I was playing @Darxmarx style. That's right....just wiimote no extension.
I play a quick 4 stock match as Mario fighting a lvl9 CPU. 4-stocked them with two fAir meteor smash kills.
Then...something glorious happened.
Pit ditto with lvl9 CPU. I still have all four lives and CPU is on its last one and I'm at over 100%. I get hit off the edge, and edge-attack to recover from edge hanging. CPU is offstage, and my Pit says "You can't defeat me!". Then I promptly instakill the CPU with a dTilt while the CPU attempted to recover, ending the match. Gave me quite a chuckle.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Me (Ike? Don't remember) vs. MegaSaturn99 (Yoshi)
We're on FD and chatting on Skype. MS is spamming nAir so I ask why. He says "Because Yoshifoot". At that exact moment, he hits with a Yoshifoot into another Yoshifoot, killing me.

Me (Marth) vs. BC (Diddy Kong)
We're fighting at PS2, and BC spams the Rocket Jet pack projectile thing and it keeps going to the opposite side of me. On my last stock, he throws me offstage. I try to recover low, but he shoots off his jetpack at it carries me along to the edge of the stage and the final hit stage-spikes me.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Me (Ike? Don't remember) vs. MegaSaturn99 (Yoshi)
We're on FD and chatting on Skype. MS is spamming nAir so I ask why. He says "Because Yoshifoot". At that exact moment, he hits with a Yoshifoot into another Yoshifoot, killing me.

Me (Marth) vs. BC (Diddy Kong)
We're fighting at PS2, and BC spams the Rocket Jet pack projectile thing and it keeps going to the opposite side of me. On my last stock, he throws me offstage. I try to recover low, but he shoots off his jetpack at it carries me along to the edge of the stage and the final hit stage-spikes me.
Luckily for everyone this totally was caught on film.
2jA5eso.gif

I was using Peach and I got a bair-bair-up special kill on the edge of the stage. The parasol went past the blast line but Peach didn't. An example of perfect spacing.
I also managed to recreate this while playing against BC:

Also, @Thor and @Doqtor Kirby if you want me to I can record clips for the combo vid if you want me to.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Mission accomplished, I presume?
Eh, I still have some. I had a hard time killing Olimar. The transition from Smash 4 back to Minus is rough for some characters. Yoshi and Olimar are examples.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Eh, I still have some. I had a hard time killing Olimar. The transition from Smash 4 back to Minus is rough for some characters. Yoshi and Olimar are examples.
Transition is probably my biggest problem when I'm switching between Minus and Smash 4.

Thor

Also, @Thor and @Doqtor Kirby if you want me to I can record clips for the combo vid if you want me to.

If by this you mean you'll take vids I have and upload them that'd be sweet. If so, I also want to give you two videos I think could be titled "Yoshi's usmash is broken" and "Yoshi's usmash is broken: Falcon edition", as well as some other videos if I can locate my other SD card [I think it's at college somewhere right now, so I'd have to wait until at least Sunday to get those to you, and probably longer].

Anyway, today I played BC several times. On of our last matches is my Wolf vs his Diddy Kong. I hit him offstage last stock and decide to try for the Wolf Flash meteor. I land it and use a bair to cancel endlag and avoid fallstate, but he meteor cancels which propels him directly into my bair, stage-spiking him and ending the match.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
If by this you mean you'll take vids I have and upload them that'd be sweet. If so, I also want to give you two videos I think could be titled "Yoshi's usmash is broken" and "Yoshi's usmash is broken: Falcon edition", as well as some other videos if I can locate my other SD card [I think it's at college somewhere right now, so I'd have to wait until at least Sunday to get those to you, and probably longer].

Anyway, today I played BC several times. On of our last matches is my Wolf vs his Diddy Kong. I hit him offstage last stock and decide to try for the Wolf Flash meteor. I land it and use a bair to cancel endlag and avoid fallstate, but he meteor cancels which propels him directly into my bair, stage-spiking him and ending the match.
I was talking about the combo vid you and @Doqtor Kirby are making. I can record clips but can't record sound at the moment.

Here's another one from the last time BC and I played. I pulled 4 stitchfaces in a row. Rage ensued (I honestly don't want to play BC with my Peach because rage always ensues)