Greatest moments in brawl (minus) not caught on film!

NEWB

The thing about hacks is that they screw up replays since the game doesn't actually record the fight, just the button inputs..... :/

So along your journey of customizing your smash, your replays get ruined. Vbrawl replays can be salvaged by simply running vbrawl, but updating from patch to patch screws up your replays, meaning you can no longer relive the awesome stuff you allegedly did! And on top of that, there are times where you're drunk and forget to click that replay button... An even greater tragedy...

Here is the place to flaunt your awesomeness, not that you can prove it anyway.

So first off, we have a friendly between gold and I at FD. Things look a little laggy, but on the replay I didn't save, you wouldn't be able to tell. Gold is falcon and he runs full speed into my luigi doing down taunt. I was standing near, but not quite on the ledge. He moved so fast or DI'd so hard that he got hit, but wound up over empty space. After some very brief hitlag, he gets meteored over empty space. Not intended, but so very satisfying!

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Here's one of my favoite moments which actually got published on YouTube. Skip to 01:34...

That Fly Guy's timing is just perfect.

NEWB

Before anyone says anything, I don't mind getting actual replays here. I may make a few edits around here to make it all encompassing.

What did the shy guy do?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
What did the shy guy do?
It appeared right when I landed a lethal Triple Knee combo on Glyph's R.O.B., and it closely followed Falcon back to the stage. Falcon taunted "Show me ya moves" right beside it, and then the Fly Guy flew away.

Thor

I managed to triple dair Darxmarx once to pretty much zero-death him as Falco and win the game, despite me being at like 140% when he spawned on his last stock. I've gotten a few double dairs, but I managed to get three once (although I can't remember fully, the third may have been overkill).

I also did a Marth ditto, and got gimped, but they sat on ledge to edgehog and I got the sweetspot end of up+B to stage-spike gimp them back at like 30%.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Man, I wish I had epic moments to share, but I don't have any replays... Or even remember remarkable moments in my matches...
I guess the only epic events in my matches that happened were performed by my opponent, like Thor's dair string.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Related to Brawl- (2.x.6, but close enough): Landed a Falcon Punch (end hitboxes) into Falcon Punch (first hitbox)
Also related to Brawl- (MAX): Me vs. A7-X Randy. The entire set. Wish I still had the replay.
Unrelated to Brawl- (P:M): Me vs. A7-X TS Jigglypuff (a.k.a. my girlfriend). I was playing Puff against her Kirby and nailed a Rest off the ledge. No biggie, right? Except we died at the same time. :confused:

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
It was me versus WickdJax Me as Fox him as Ike. I have 90% on my last stock as he has NSM and about 30%. I grab him near the ledge Fthrow him and jump of with a sick Dair to shine combo. Last stock, I LAZER him a couple times. He approaches and I Dair to wave shine to dair to waveshine him across the stage and finish him of with a dair to shine combo. This was a tournament finals too making it all the sweeter.

NEWB

Clap clap clap!

In an earlier minus, I was bowser and my friend was Ike. This was when Ike could store eruption and bowser had stronger armor on his fsmash unlike the recent changes.

On the right side of FD, I start charging fsmash as soon he edge hops onstage. He does Ike's counter, but the wind of bowser's fsmash triggers his counter and it hits while I'm charging fsmash. The i release a fully charged fsmash on him. The first hit of my fsmash hits, but then Ike tanks it by doing eruption from his counter. I tank straight through this and finish my fsmash on Ike and KO him.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I think I just had an orgasm reading that. This one didn't happen to me but our resident Peach main, and my sister, FemaleLongbottom versus poor WickdJax. FLB Got a stitch face and threw it at Wickd. He shielded it and while he was in the stitch face's atrocious amount of hit stun Peach decided screw it I wannannother stitch face which she threw and broke the shield. As Ike stood dazed and confused peach pulled out a bomb-omb, taunted threw it up next to Ike and Naired him into it. Armada would have been proud ;_;

Edit: Here's Armada doing something similar:

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
FFA on Pirate ship. I was Lucario and had a high lead over my friends who were using Snake and Ganondorf. I decided I'd have a bit of fun with DT, and well... I vanished and as I appeared I ate a warlock punch.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
So this just occurred. I am Mr. Game & Watch fighting against an AI controlled Lucas. I pressed SideB. I hit him with the hammer so hard that he didn't even go anywhere. He became stuck in " T " pose. Indefinitely. Until I killed him.
So, in shorter terms, my Mr. Game & Watch beat the functionality out of Lucas.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
So this just occurred. I am Mr. Game & Watch fighting against an AI controlled Lucas. I pressed SideB. I hit him with the hammer so hard that he didn't even go anywhere. He became stuck in " T " pose. Indefinitely. Until I killed him.
So, in shorter terms, my Mr. Game & Watch beat the functionality out of Lucas.
What number of the Hammer was it? What was Lucas doing when the got hit?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
It wasn't 9 or 8. I honestly wasn't paying that close attention. I think Lucas was just getting up from my previous attack, when I sprinted after him and landed Judgement. After it happened, I just kind of sat there for 15 seconds, in pure amazement.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
1. Me (Bowser) Vs. Thor (Luigi)
I'm near the left edge of FD and I use RR. Luigi uses Green Missile in the air and goes through me, dealing damage but no knockback due to the super armor. I turn around and RR again. Luigi does the same thing as earlier. This keeps going for about 8 Green Missles.

2. Me (Bowser) vs. A friend (Ganondorf)
We're each on our last stocks. I charged at him with RR while he charged up Warlock Punch. I ate a Warlock Punch AND TANKED RIGHT THROUGH IT. The special part? It happened 3 times on a row and I won.

3. Me (Ness) vs. Level 9 CPU (Bowser)
Last stock for me, 2 left for Bowser. My friend enters the room, and I prepare to quit. He asks why I'm about to quit, so I say we were about to fight, and we discuss the CPU, all the while Bowser is beating the s*** out of Ness. I tell him, "Humans are better than CPU for opponents because humans can do things CPUs can't, like Bowsercide." At literally that EXACT moment, Bowser decides to Bowsercide me.

Thor

Speaking of other awesome moments, in the night when I used green missile 8 times in a row, I recorded a match where I landed fair -> green missile -> offstage fair for the KO. I also landed Warlock Kick offstage -> up+B uppercut as Ganondorf that night. I recorded those but I don't know how to upload stuff and Doqk wasn't interested in the combo video anymore so I dunno if anyone will ever see them (besides me).

I also landed falcon kick -> dair -> knee -> fast falcon punch to win a game where I was down big one time [it was vs Sheik, which is a hard MU for Falcon in my opinion].

Thor

^You have a deeper voice than I'd guessed... does this mean a combo video might happen or not?

Thor

There was also a match where I survived Link's Mortal Draw without super armor OR DI.

Yeah, cross-stage mortal draw on Hyrule Temple on Bowser at 0% doesn't kill.

Kienamaru said he's fixing that though.

Or did you hit something and tech it?

Thor

@Kienamaru you may enjoy reading this one since it involves two of your mains.

I did save a replay of this: last night I was playing Link vs Peach. Peach pulls a stitchface and throws it. Running at her, I dash attack to catch it, throw the stitch at her shield, then fsmash, breaking her shield. Followed up with a mortal draw to win the game (she was on her last stock).

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
As Sonic, I do a uThrow, short hop fair, double jump, fair, land, and so on until I carried my opponent (CPU Link) to the blast line. I checked the combo meter, and it was a 20 hit combo. B)
On Project M, me and my friends were doing a three-for-all. Me as Ike, one of my friends as Luigi and another friend as Samus. Samus grabs Luigi and begins pummeling him, and I unleash my fully charged Quick Draw. And OHKO both of them at once.