Community Request Thread for the next version after 4.0BC

Dusk

Equals Trash
Playtester
Just responding to this bit before I discuss the other thoughts with the dev team.

Giving the cast of Brawl Minus the ability to wavedash takes away a notable part of what makes it BRAWL Minus. We of the dev team will not be adding pure wavedashing for anyone besides Fox. There are Wavedash-like techniques such as Crouchdashing, ROBdashing and Wolf's psuedo-Wavedash, but the only one with a true Wavedash will be Fox.

We're Brawl Minus, not Stronger PM.

That is a fair point but having wavedashing isn't what made PM, PM. PM is based off of melee at its core. It has more to it then just wavedashing, like crouch cancelling, JC grabs, Landing lag cancelling with shield, ledge mechanics. It also incorporate unique tech and tech from brawl. It built on what melee started and balanced the game so that everyone was as potent as fox. Minus has enough distinct differences to be seperated from PM as is, adding wavedashing should not make the general audience believe that it is PM. If Wavedashing is not implemented I strongly suggest giving everyone something universal that would be beneficial for the entire cast. For example something like a crouchdash for everyone, which I heard may not be possible because of the necessity to add a crouch to everyone.

Tl;dr: Even if its not wavedashing it would be awesome if you guys could come up with a unique universal tech that would be beneficial for all characters.

MelonKeepR

Just responding to this bit before I discuss the other thoughts with the dev team.

Giving the cast of Brawl Minus the ability to wavedash takes away a notable part of what makes it BRAWL Minus. We of the dev team will not be adding pure wavedashing for anyone besides Fox. There are Wavedash-like techniques such as Crouchdashing, ROBdashing and Wolf's psuedo-Wavedash, but the only one with a true Wavedash will be Fox.

We're Brawl Minus, not Stronger PM.

Speaking of wavedashing, I've always thought Fox's was a bit too slippery, what are the chances of that being changed?

simsims2800

N E S S
Speaking of wavedashing, I've always thought Fox's was a bit too slippery, what are the chances of that being changed?
I've always had trouble WDing into much more than a spotdodge or roll with Fox. Any fixes for that?

MelonKeepR

I've always had trouble WDing into much more than a spotdodge or roll with Fox. Any fixes for that?

I used to do that, really, you've just got to practise. Don't hold the shield button for too long. This isn't an inherent problem on the game's side, it's something that you can learn not to do.

Edit: My main issue, at the moment, is trying to waveland onto platforms and then sliding off. Which is why I proposed a slight alteration in slipperiness.

AGentleStar

Video Editor
Pin Clock once mentioned that the code came from Vanilla Brawl, and all the Minus team did was re-enable it. I guess the Brawl team tried it out, found it obnoxious, and removed it instead of fixing it.

Yeah, now that you mention that, it's a significant usability flaw.

Someone once posted a gif of a Ganondouken with a lot less aura, but the person wasn't on the Minus team. Hopefully that is what they ended up using.

Also Zelda's. In her case, it happens reliably on the following walls:
  • The right wall of Warioware.
  • The left wall of Yoshi's Island.
  • Both walls of Yoshi's story.
  • Both walls of Hyrule Castle.
Someone (I forget who) claimed that this only happens if you're holding slightly towards the stage, but that definitely isn't it. For one thing, I've double-checked and I'm holding straight up. For another, the issue almost never happens on the following walls:
  • The left wall of Warioware.
  • The right wall of Yoshi's Island.
  • Both walls of Castle Siege.
On these walls, you can actually hold towards the stage (by just a tiny amount), and Zelda will still teleport safely.

The easiest way to reproduce this bug is to be touching the wall before you press up+B. Use your wall jump first so that you don't accidentally jump away.

There were a couple threads discussing this in the Pichu forum, with the almost-consensus being that yes, Pichu should be bigger. (I say "almost" because there was one notable holdout.)

Are you talking about the opponent being pushed back? Because they may be pushed back, but you don't move at all.

The wiki states that "the character takes no shield damage [...] and may immediately perform a counterattack while the attacker is stuck in hitlag." However, in Minus (and possibly also vBrawl), there's a noticeable delay before you can act. Maybe it's shorter than if you shield regularly, but not by much.

I guess it isn't obvious, but this gif shows both a powershield and a regular shield. The powershield has slightly different GFX, and the green Lucario turns around afterwards. Also, as noted above, the blue Lucario slides slightly after the regular shield.

(I'm aware that Double Team is being reworked; I'm just using it as an example of a fast move that goes past shields.)

Actually, dtilt already stage spikes (not semi spikes), and they're making it not stage spike in 4.0.

I haven't played Kirby since the days of 2.X.6 (back when he could cancel Inhale into grab and airdodge out of Stone), so maybe I just don't understand the character anymore. However, it seems to me that Kirby turned into one of the weaker characters, and I'm hoping that they've got some buffs planned.

Ok. Thanks for the clarity on how perfect shielding works. I've met some people on netplay who don't understand the benefit of PSing and I'm glad you cleared it up. That makes it much more useful than I thought.

im sorry, what? are you saying to grab the tokens? do people actually do that? thats what the B button is for.

wow post 2312413 of pichu's model. we get it. calm down.

this is the dumbest thing ive read. "remove pichu's gimmick!" so then we should remove sonic's speed and olimar's pikmin?

Watch a good Waluigi player (TEEJ) and see why this doesnt matter.

This is useless.

"hey i have complaints.

"okay can you show us"

"no"

wonderful

Just my ̶0̶.̶9̶ 2 cents.

Hi SB! Thanks for replying. I was referring to how there is white space in between character portraits and the cursor can get in between them real easily. I would love if you guys could fix this. It's one of the few technical problems with the UI in the game.

Thanks again for the kind feedback, SonicBrawler. I just wanted to let you know that I am a really big fan of yours and I really appreciate what you do. You and the team have made a wonderful mod here and I look forward to seeing you guys improve it for version 4.0f. I love making TAS videos about Brawl Minus and I have some animations coming up revolving around Brawl Minus. Keep up the good work!

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go hang myself. :D

I agree with everything here. Also I appreciate you for the well written polite(?) post.

I broke my nose on that wall of text tho

heheh. I get that from my father. I have a lot of shit stirring in my mind that I would prefer I'd have taken out. Regardless, thank you so much KK for your kind comment. It's people like you that keep me going. We should play netplay some time! :nesmk:

Last edited:

Green Hell Zone

Absolutely positively the best Sonic player ever.
Should Mario be able to hold his down taunt?

If any of you know PM Sonic, he can hold the taunt button to just keep doing the taunt. I think Mario should be able to hold his down taunt. With this, we can kind of just fly for a while. This is pretty useless, albeit sounds hilarious.

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
I feel like Snake should be able to JC his dash attack. It could be like a somersault roll to jump combo starter.
Albeit those combos would be fairly short, it would still be a fun addition.

Also I feel like Snake has an ungodly amount of endlag and landing lag.
His U-Air and his N-Air are fine to some extent, but his F-Air and B-Air feel extremely sluggish.
His jab combo, has an awkward amount of hitlag despite having about the same damage as other jabs (IIRC), and if he whiffs he is open forever for a punish.

I understand that his weapons are where a lot of his damage comes from, but could he at least have a fraction of his hand-to-hand combat abilities as he does in his game (I feel like D-Throw could be like a weak bit of sleep instead of just putting them into a prone form. Maybe make the sleep last as long as vBrawl Jigg's Sing, or even shorter.)

The man just needs a little bit of spice in his game.
Preferably salt.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
6% would leave Pikachu and ZSS totally able to hit him - Pikachu has SHAC dair back, not to mention nair, while ZSS has her normal aerials and ftilt, not to mention side+b.
I was thinking about this yesterday, and decided that 6% damage-based armor is at least worth a try, if only for custom builds.

Back when Bowser had 10% damage-based armor, was it really on everything? Or just attacks?

Survivian: I agree that Snake is too sluggish in Minus. He and 'Dorf need some Boost Power.

Thor

After all this stuff about wavedashing, I'd probably fall in love with Brawl Minus all over again if the dev team removed every pseudo-wavedash in the game and redesigned Fox around Smash 4 Fox instead.

Like holy moly, this isn't PM 3.02. Stop trying to remake PM 3.02.

Jeez...

Also everyone in this game can duck... although not everyone can crawl.

Mariosonicman1

Having everyone that can crawl would be fun, since everyone can walljump right?

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I think I speak for everyone when I say nobody wants to see Dorf crawl. He would kill us all.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I think I speak for everyone when I say nobody wants to see Dorf crawl. He would kill us all.
Idk if I had to die I'd probably want to do so by a smooth criminal, and crawling Ganondorf sounds pretty smooth.
Regarding crawling characters, Toon Link being able to crawl would be pretty cool.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
After all this stuff about wavedashing, I'd probably fall in love with Brawl Minus all over again if the dev team removed every pseudo-wavedash in the game and redesigned Fox around Smash 4 Fox instead.

I agree with this...
I think it's a bit odd that [Fox] alone was made to be much like his Melee self, while everyone else remained Brawl-style. Is the wavedash so ingrained into his kit that he'd be bad without it?

In short, Fox feels like there's a piece of Melee / Project M stuck in Minus. I don't have a problem with it, but it's weird. It's as if he's the way he is so Melee / Project M players will have a familiar character to play Minus as.

I think Fox could be more unique and Brawl-styled in Minus, but then again, I rarely ever play as him.
...but unfortunately, it's probably too late in the game for major changes.

EpicNonBread

Malfunctioning Machinery
Minus Backroom
Playtester

I disagree. Minus ROB is easily one of more enjoyable incarnations of him to play and a good chunk of that has to do with his movement options, but mostly his dair dash. I'm not arguing for adding actual wavedashing into Minus, but I seriously don't understand why people dislike the suggestion of arguably one of the best mechanics in competitive smash, just because the more popular mod already did it.

>inb4 we're minus, not project m. we want to be different.

Also if we should "stop trying to remake PM 3.02," then why should Fox be designed around Smash 4? He should either be his own thing entirely, or a hybrid of multiple games. Since you know, "copying" other games for their design and mechanics is apparently sin.

Thor

I disagree. Minus ROB is easily one of more enjoyable incarnations of him to play and a good chunk of that has to do with his movement options, but mostly his dair dash. I'm not arguing for adding actual wavedashing into Minus, but I seriously don't understand why people dislike the suggestion of arguably one of the best mechanics in competitive smash, just because the more popular mod already did it.

>inb4 we're minus, not project m. we want to be different.

Also if we should "stop trying to remake PM 3.02," then why should Fox be designed around Smash 4? He should either be his own thing entirely, or a hybrid of multiple games. Since you know, "copying" other games for their design and mechanics is apparently sin.

Wavedashing is a byproduct of a poorly-made glitch game engine having a corner case of game physics. It also imbalances the game a lot more by giving characters with already-strong movement even better options [Luigi having great movement in Minus would be terrifying, and if Marth and Sonic's movement wasn't dumb enough, they'll be even better... Bowser would not be much better though, and Link and Zelda would not be either. In general, it would nerf Minus's comparatively bad characters and buff good ones. Ick]. A good mechanic for competitive smash would be autocancelling, or ledge trumping [or even ledgehogging if recoveries are built around it], or even some mixed in mechanics like DACUS [only a few get it], JC grab [makes grabbing safer, but is slower unless you're frame perfect (for most characters)], or a variety of other options. Wavedashing... might be one of those mechanics, but it isn't as universally beneficial as people like to pretend. Minus might have characters that can deal with it, but in Melee it's a phenomenal way to make most of the cast useless against good Marth/Fox players.

I'd talk more about it but I think I've already tilted enough people. And inb4 "you say all that because you're not good at Melee/PM."

PRZ is 10th on the Chicago PR and 1st on the UIUC PR.
Blendtec is 4th on the UIUC PR and probably Chicago's best Peach.
I don't just do okay in singles.
Ripple is the best King Dedede in Project M.

Your logic for being like Smash 4 Fox is nonsense. My problem isn't with copying other Smash games [I've long advocated for seeing what Falcon with Smash 64 usmash could do, or Smash 64 Falcon Punch], my problem is with copying another mod that's already moved away from that game design.

If we copied wavedashing, we'd look mostly like a PM rip-off that forgot crouch cancelling, and not Brawl Minus. If we copied Smash 4 Fox, no one would have a reasonable argument that we're a Smash 4 rip-off [given our takes on a lot of the cast].

[And for the record, I liked 3.Q Fox (with his jumping now he's kinda goofy), and don't particularly want the dev team to have to remove every pseudo-wavedash in the game. But I'd be thrilled if I never ever had to read another post asking for X character to have a wavedash-like option.]

EpicNonBread

Malfunctioning Machinery
Minus Backroom
Playtester
And inb4 "you say all that because you're not good at Melee/PM."

There's no reason for you to stroke yourself off in front of us just to make a point. Hype sets though, and congrats on your achievements.

A good mechanic for competitive smash would be autocancelling, or ledge trumping [or even ledgehogging if recoveries are built around it], or even some mixed in mechanics like DACUS [only a few get it], JC grab [makes grabbing safer, but is slower unless you're frame perfect (for most characters)], or a variety of other options. Wavedashing... might be one of those mechanics, but it isn't as universally beneficial as people like to pretend. Minus might have characters that can deal with it, but in Melee it's a phenomenal way to make most of the cast useless against good Marth/Fox players.

I don't disagree and all of those examples of tech would be nice to spread around, but all characters are going to have a better utilization of different tech more so than others, just like wavedashing. Characters have longer DACUS or glide toss distances, more options off of ledge trumping, and better moves to auto cancel. Wavedashing is no different in that by the nature of the characters, their attributes will give them a longer wavedash. Again, I'm not arguing for wavedashing to be added, just throwing out some thoughts.

If we copied wavedashing, we'd look mostly like a PM rip-off that forgot crouch cancelling, and not Brawl Minus. If we copied Smash 4 Fox, no one would have a reasonable argument that we're a Smash 4 rip-off [given our takes on a lot of the cast].

What is it with people and this? It's just a single mechanic, even it does make a core component of competitive play. Anyone that has a good idea of what Smash is knows that just because Project M has wavedashing, that doesn't mean it's Melee. Likewise, if Minus had wavedashing, that wouldn't make it Project M. They are all their own Smash game in their own respective ways, having different tech, features, characters, etc. Not to mention, you are making a huge assumption on how players would perceive a game. Maybe YOU might think we'd look like a PM rip-off, but not everyone would.

Ludacario

Resident of the blastzone
Playtester
These were posted on Discord, but to get track of them, here they are.
Proposed Bowser changes:
Nerfs:
Frame armor comes out on dair - 1 > ~4?

Buffs:
Jab1 cancels into upb and downb
RR hitboxes (already discussed among BR)
Ledge jump (already discussed among BR)

other 2 cents:
Decrease jump squat a frame to account for dair nerf
Two different dtilts, similar to project M
Grounded UPb increase in knockback
Keep bowser quick getup, assign to B button while on ledge

Thor

There's no reason for you to stroke yourself off in front of us just to make a point. Hype sets though, and congrats on your achievements.

I've seen a lot of ad-homs on these types of places. I was looking to dispel those before they started.

I don't disagree and all of those examples of tech would be nice to spread around, but all characters are going to have a better utilization of different tech more so than others, just like wavedashing. Characters have longer DACUS or glide toss distances, more options off of ledge trumping, and better moves to auto cancel. Wavedashing is no different in that by the nature of the characters, their attributes will give them a longer wavedash. Again, I'm not arguing for wavedashing to be added, just throwing out some thoughts.

The difference is that you can adjust those things on a case-by-case basis rather precisely. The PMDT added DACUS to everyone, then deliberately shortened Sheik's and drastically shortened Fox's [in the builds where they just universally added it, Sheik's old dthrow/bthrow 50/50 meant DI in was a regrab and DI away was a tipper usmash, while Fox could waveshine DACUS Luigi].

As far as I know, wavedashing is affected by traction and some other factors (fallspeed? weight?), such that altering them is much more fundamental than simply tweaking a character's burst velocity on a dash attack [since, as far as I'm aware, that's what affects DACUS primarily]. If it's possible to tweak a wavedash without altering the character besides that it'd be more palatable, but if to shorten Luigi wavedash we had to increase his traction [or to lengthen Zelda's, we had to reduce it], that affects a lot more than very slightly tweaking how a dash attack works.

You can also add a DACUS to just one character [or take from just one character] to adjust just that character, but adding a wavedash or DACUS to every character would require significant rebalancing. To go with my other examples, you can tweak one autocancel window to help/hurt a character, or adjust a recovery to deal with ledgehogs [and ledge trumping can be buffered out of, so options from it aren't quite as important usually].

What is it with people and this? It's just a single mechanic, even it does make a core component of competitive play. Anyone that has a good idea of what Smash is knows that just because Project M has wavedashing, that doesn't mean it's Melee. Likewise, if Minus had wavedashing, that wouldn't make it Project M. They are all their own Smash game in their own respective ways, having different tech, features, characters, etc. Not to mention, you are making a huge assumption on how players would perceive a game. Maybe YOU might think we'd look like a PM rip-off, but not everyone would.

Mainly because I've played Fox messing around and some players came up and said [paraphrased, I don't remember the exact wording], "Oh, so is Brawl Minus just a buffed PM?"

The dev team has also indicated that they feel adding wavedashing universally would make the game closer Melee/Project M than to Brawl, and they said it's called Brawl Minus for a reason. That was part of where this argument came from [although I'll admit it's one of my weaker ones, being based on empirical anecdotes and some reasoning instead of just logic].

EpicNonBread

Malfunctioning Machinery
Minus Backroom
Playtester
I can't say much on what factors determine the properties of different tech as I'm pretty unfamiliar with it myself. If it was possible to change the distances of DACUS's, glide tosses, and wavedashes without heavily altering the rest of the character, that would be a dream.

Thinking about it now though, I realized that implemented Minus Fox's wavedash to everyone would alter how Brawl airdodge would handle and I actually don't know how okay I'd be with that. In concept, I think everyone having a wavedash like movement is nice but I didn't think of the controls for it before discussing.

I think that might be why I enjoy ROB's dair dash so much. It has the wavedash-like movement aside from having to manually turn around, but it still allows for full movement with a brawl airdodge. Obviously thus cannot be added to every character.

I think Dusk's last comment was worth noting in that it doesn't necessarily have to be wavedashing, but having some form of universal tech that promotes game speed would be nice to have. Although I do still disagree and think that the utilization of wavedashing wouldn't make us a Project M clone. Yes it might make Minus more similar to PM to a degree, but that honestly wouldn't even be a bad thing. There's no reason to have the game purposefully be different from another more successful one if it means not implementing good features. And when I say "good features" I mean something that increased game speed which ended up making PM and Melee more fun, because the crazy, hard technical speed of the game is what made it challenging and fun. Minus doesn't really need wavedashing for a handful of characters because for most of them, the game feels fast enough to replace the need for wavedashing. But I can definitely see the want for some kind of short momentum change option for characters like DK, Ganon, and Bowser that have such limited movement options.

fantasyDinosaur

only human
Playtester
i don't think that anyone really assessed your points except for Bent and player_03, so i'll try my best here. sorry for interrupting the argument.

I feel like Snake should be able to JC his dash attack. It could be like a somersault roll to jump combo starter. Albeit those combos would be fairly short, it would still be a fun addition.

like Bent said (how do you tag a person specifically? i'm still very new to the forums), i don't think that Snake needs this buff. since his dash attack cancels into specials, a different option would be dash attack > up b cancel > airdodge/aerial. giving Snake a jump cancel just breaks dash attack even more, and is also an area where Snake doesn't need buffs. i do agree that it would be a fun addition, but there isn't a reason to put it in, so i can't agree with you here, sorry.

Also I feel like Snake has an ungodly amount of endlag and landing lag.
His U-Air and his N-Air are fine to some extent, but his F-Air and B-Air feel extremely sluggish.

going to have to disagree with you here as well. if we're going into landing lag, then the moves that i have problems with would be uAir only, and that's supposed to only hit people above him (the devs were nice to leave a lasting hitbox all over his body though - thanks for that). fAir has some endlag, but the move is so stupid that it deserves the endlag that it gets. i can understand you saying this move feels sluggish, but bAir is not a sluggish move in any way shape or form.

His jab combo, has an awkward amount of hitlag despite having about the same damage as other jabs (IIRC), and if he whiffs he is open forever for a punish.

i agree that the last hit has an absurd amount of hitlag. i don't know how they would change it - it kills off the side at stupid low percents for a jab combo anyway. if you want to avoid hitlag, i would suggest going for only the first or second parts of his jab combo and then mixing it up - either grab, do the final hit, fTilt, dash attack, roll, etc. the jab combo itself isn't good, but certain parts of it are.

here's a quick example of a jab to grab mixup. (not sure if this will load. hopefully it does.)

you can lead into other things from a single jab and from jab grab, but this is just an example. experiment and find things out for yourself!

I understand that his weapons are where a lot of his damage comes from, but could he at least have a fraction of his hand-to-hand combat abilities as he does in his game (I feel like D-Throw could be like a weak bit of sleep instead of just putting them into a prone form. Maybe make the sleep last as long as vBrawl Jigg's Sing, or even shorter.)

i'll start by talking about the hand-to-hand combat. i'm not sure if what you mean is something like quicktime event things (which he may already have with his mixups off of jab) or if it's something like getting into your opponents face and trying to best them with attacks (like uTilt, fTilt, dTilt, jab, etc). i'm pretty sure that this isn't the snake that either the vBrawl team or the Brawl Minus team is going for, even though they have widened Snake's options for retaliating and for approaching against opponents. Usage of Snake's weapons (grenades are key) create opportunities for Snake's hand-on-hand combat to come into light, so i don't believe that Snake needs more of that.

let's get into the big part of this request - dThrow to sleep (true combo).

here's a quick example of dThrow mixups and mindgames.

each dThrow deals 12 percent. if i had continuously been able to read this AI Meta Knight's getup options, i could have dThrown him to death. this takes a lot of consideration from both sides before picking an option, be it trying to read a roll or simply staying put on the ground. this is an essential part of Snake's game that i suck at considerably.

first off - no. no no no no no. please no. i prefer a prone state much much more than putting an opponent into their sleeping animation, mostly because...

1. it doesn't make sense with the animation.
he puts you straight down into a prone state, which creates tech chase scenarios. putting them to sleep doesn't make sense because he doesn't have a sleeping dart gun (and this isn't PM).

2. it makes Snake's most intriguing part extremely linear and free.

alright, maybe down throw isn't snake's most interesting part, but it does make dThrow basically a chain grab if we were to do it like this. when you put a person to sleep in brawl, they go through states (as i like to call them). in this case, when Snake dThrows, he places them onto the ground with practically no end lag and... they go to sleep. not so bad yet, right? well, from there, the person has to mash out and then go through the state of their character waking up before they can do anything again, and by that point, Snake has already regrabbed and the chain repeats again and again until death. it makes one grab equal death. no good.

you could argue that if we made the sleeping period short enough, they could escape, but that's only the sleeping portion, not the portion where the character actually wakes up from sleeping, as to which Snake can regrab them, and it's the same problem all over again.

The man just needs a little bit of spice in his game. Preferably salt.

tasty (he's got it. just keep playing him!)

i'm glad that you think Snake needs some spice in his game (this is Brawl Minus, after all), but i can't agree with how you've suggested his changes. i think that Snake is a great character as he is, and along with the knowledge that the dev team isn't going to do many more changes to him (please don't add the sticky gimmick! i beg of you, dev team!), i'm not sure that we'll be able to get much more out of him. while you have suggested interesting changes and you have a great viewpoint for how to buff characters in a crazy way, i don't think that these changes are going to make it into the game. we'll have to come back in a different way to get Snake buffed/changed, but this is a start! it would also be good to keep in mind that this is the patch before completion, so any complete changes on how a character plays most likely not be accepted.

that's all i've got. keep on playing!

edit: it hit me that i completely forgot to talk about DACUS and DACG. whoops!

(also, someone please teach me how to use gif hep)

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
like Bent said (how do you tag a person specifically? i'm still very new to the forums), i don't think that Snake needs this buff.
I am actually in favor of Snake (and 'Dorf) getting sped up. Snake is good, but I don't think he's as fast as he should be considering the speed of other popular characters. Whenever I play as Snake, it feels a bit awkward to me because it's as if I can't get him to do what I want him to do fast enough to keep up with the speedy fighters -- and Snake was my main in vBrawl, so I know Snake. He's great if he has space to set up traps, but like Zelda, he really suffers when fast characters give him no room to work with, via constant in-your-face offense. That's my opinion, at least.

You tag people simply by putting an "@" in front of their name, BTW. Like this:

I want to see you play Snake in more Minus tournaments, fantasyDinosaur!

(please don't add the sticky gimmick! i beg of you, dev team!)
You mean C4 no longer transferring between opponents on contact? It's only been confirmed that it will not transfer back to Snake, but I'm guessing this means it won't transfer between other characters either...

Remind me why you don't like the idea of C4 no longer transferring? IMO, it transferring only serves as an annoyance -- something else to keep track of -- in 1v1 play, and it's little more than a novelty in FFAs and 2v2s. It's getting a small KnockBack Growth Nerf to compensate for the extra stickiness, but I think that's probably a fair price to pay for no longer having to worry about it getting stuck on Snake.
Anyone know what C4 KBG in Project M is, for comparison?

The only "argument" I can think of for keeping C4 transfer the way it is (on-contact switching) is the old "more complicated/technical gameplay to earn greater rewards is better game design" opinion. The same one that paints L-Cancelling as a good thing. No offense, but streamlined is better in most cases -- it lets players focus more on the game and less on pointless filler they shouldn't need to worry about.

---

You know what I'm getting tired of seeing? Non-Devs saying "[Mid-to-Low Tier fighter] is good enough, he/she/it doesn't need any Buffs".

If any one character isn't on the same level as the Upper Tiers, we should be more open to the idea of Buffing them.

I know that our Requests are mostly going to get Rejected, but that's no reason to shoot down your ideas (or others') preemptively.

If your Requests are reasonable, don't be afraid to post them. Even if they are Rejected, at least you put them out there!

Better to try and fail than not try at all. That's the whole point of this thread. Post your ideas, and some of them may get Approved.

---

You know what Buff would be great for Minus Snake?
Being able to walk backward and forward while holding an opponent in his Grab, like Snake can do in Project M.

Last edited: