Brawl Minus MAX 1.01 is HERE!

Smilindeth

To keep that stuff consistent and help clarify the changes, you can split the Common5 file.

/pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter.pac
Overwrites
/pf/system/common5.pac's folder named sc_selcharacter_en

/pf/menu2/sc_selmap.pac
Overwrites
/pf/system/common5.pac's folder named sc_selmap_en

You can remove those folders from the common5 file, and maintain them in the separate folder.
With this there is less duplication needed between the 2 versions. You can keep them in common5 still though, but having the new files in the menu2 folder will overwrite it.
You can probably split the other folders out of it also and remove it entirely if wanted.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
note: you need a working brawlbox program for this.... which i don't have T-T my new laptop isn't compatible with the newest version for some reason...

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Mostly everything. The changelist is gonna be massive i can tell ya that much :p

NEWB

Will it be complete? And will it be a change list from vbrawl rather than 1.01? Minus is very different from vbrawl and needs a changelog from vbrawl so new guys can understand it.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
13131 said:
everything, huh?

well, i guess i'll just throw this one out.

Don't throw it out yet! Our next update is only partially ready! ;~;

NEWB said:
Will it be complete? And will it be a change list from vbrawl rather than 1.01? Minus is very different from vbrawl and needs a changelog from vbrawl so new guys can understand it.

A changelog from vBrawl will be very complex, as many files and lots of log info was lost along the way, but we'll see what we can do.

NEWB

I mean, if someone was to make a changelog detailing all known moves, that'd be a start, but there are specifics people want to know. Like other than meta knight and bowser, I'm not sure if anyone else's weight was adjusted, or who's grab range has been extended and who's jump height has been altered.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Newb, i...dunno what to say to that ;~; most of us don't know ourselves exactly whats changed from vBrawl. i don't think there was ever once a 'vBrawl vs Minus' changelog in the history of minus...meaning there isn't exactly any particular way to check things other then go through (roughly) 56,777 different tabs of code in PSA. not including attributes. AND not including the articles sub routines. and then you have to think that things like hitboxes have roughly 13 parameters that could have been changed as well. and Special offensive hitboxes have more then that. (not to mention that each one of the moves could have 3 or more of them)

SOOO we can try...but it's not very likely bro xD

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
just include basics then :p like, don't act like in everyone automatically knows about brawl minus's moves... for instance, remind people every change-log of moves that are different than vBrawl, even if they were in last build.. or maybe have a change log page that gets updated... something like:

ganon's up tilt now does damage to foes standing in the windbox in front of him, and get pulled in slightly... the explosion fro this is also more powerful... it also hurts grounded foes upward off the ground in a certain radius when it lands... this attribute was added to help ganon force opponents to close spacing...

ganon's neutral B has two optional uses:
-if the B button is just pressed and released before he punches, he uses what is referred to as "satan punch".. this "satan punch" deals 666% damage and can kill foes in one hit... however, if the foe shields this punch, ganon will bounce and blast off horizontally in the opposite direction and potentially die, even at 0% ....this move will break an opponents shield once it hits if not "perfect shielded", so hopefully even if your foes shields it and you die, you may respawn fast enough to land another satan punch before they leave their "dazed" state... also, once his fist is completely extended, you can immediately move freely again... (basically there's no end lag to satan punch)
-if the B button is held down by the time ganon punches and his fist is extending, he will use what is referred to as the "gandouken"... (yes, this is making fun of Ryu's "Hadouken" from street fighter) ...when using gandouken, the punch from ganon's fist no longer does the satan punch's 666% super punch, but it will now fire off a slow moving, very large fireball that pushes foes in a similar manner to bowser/charizards firebreath... gandouken also has the ability to absorb projectiles like samus's charge shot, in the same way that ness's down B and game n'watch's down B absorb "energy based" projectiles...

basically go on from something like that :p

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i didn't know about the teching part, but i think i mentioned that the endlag ends right when his fist is fully extended

Thor

Since I haven't hacked my Wii, and have Brawl- Max 1.0, do I use/extract the full version (1.01) and just wipe my SD card prior to doing this, wipe the SD card and extract the hackless version because the other versions won't work, or do I just extract the Valentine's Day update? I'm confused on what will and won't work... I guess this information will also be useful for whatever this next update is too.

Lightning

Ikesexual
Thor said:
Since I haven't hacked my Wii, and have Brawl- Max 1.0, do I use/extract the full version (1.01) and just wipe my SD card prior to doing this, wipe the SD card and extract the hackless version because the other versions won't work, or do I just extract the Valentine's Day update? I'm confused on what will and won't work... I guess this information will also be useful for whatever this next update is too.
Since you are running hackless, you should download the hackless version.

Thor

Okay I downloaded the hackless version, but when I tried to extract it, a very large number of times it said something along the lines of "Do you want to copy this file without encryption?" during the decompression (extract all to SD card so that it's on the SD card). Is that normal or does that mean that Brawl- Max 1.01 won't work? It never said this with Brawl- Max 1.0 or with Brawl- 2.X.6 so I'm wondering if this will cause an error.

Lightning

Ikesexual
I've never heard of it either. Try playing with the encryption and without. I dont know if either one will give you errors because Ive never had that happen.

If they both give you errors, you could try downloading the full version. I dont know if it can run hackless, but it's worth a try.

If that doesnt work, then I'll download the hackless, recompress it, and give you a different download link.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Thor said:
Okay I downloaded the hackless version, but when I tried to extract it, a very large number of times it said something along the lines of "Do you want to copy this file without encryption?" during the decompression (extract all to SD card so that it's on the SD card). Is that normal or does that mean that Brawl- Max 1.01 won't work? It never said this with Brawl- Max 1.0 or with Brawl- 2.X.6 so I'm wondering if this will cause an error.

That seems to happen sometimes... I just copy without encryption and I don't see any issues.

Thor

Hm... it now doesn't load on my Wii at all (when I choose Stage Builder, the Wii acts like the SD card has no data)... but I still have Brawl- Max 1.0 on my computer so I'll just reextract that onto the SD card. [It didn't offer me the option to encrypt it, it just said something like "can't encrypt because there's a problem, copy without encryption?"]

When the new update comes out I'll get that, and in the meantime I'll deal with Link's ftilt being too strong and Falco's Reflector being pretty lame. Thanks for the help though.

NEWB

Falco's reflector isn't bad as it was. It's hard to explain how to use it, but it was good and now it's better.

Couldn't you just take their files from the quick patch link if that is all you want?

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
If your using hackless, make sure that disable custom stages is OFF. It's always good to double check.

NEWB

Pointing this out again. On picotochat when the teeter totter is out, the left side of the stage isn't grab able when it should be now.