Brawl Minus 4.0BC: A New Era!

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
So I can download and extract the files OK, but when I do, most of the things contained in the files are missing. Can we PLEASE get an alternate download?

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
Now that I've actually played more:

Certain things feel really smooth, but...

It may be that I've been playing Sm4sh for so long, but certain combos and movements now feel clunky with Ike and Roy imo. Mewtwo is interesting, though I find his fair incredibly difficult to land.

Waluigi is amazing imo. He's been done really well, I love his mix-up game for the most part.

Certain hitboxes still don't seem to hit like they should, visually. I'm wondering if the full patch will be able to show hitbox placements? Considering the wait thus far I don't think it should be unreasonable, and it would facilitate skill-building in Minus by allowing players to understand a character's actual hitbox placements in order to use their moves effectively.

I've yet to play multiplayer with friends yet, but I'll prob have more to say once I do. As for now, I'm just glad we've gotten an update. :)

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Why was the super armor removed on Ike's Aether? Was it that overpowered?

also no diddy kong final smash buff 3/10 very disappointed

I downloaded the netplay version about an hour ago, and Ivysaur still does the bthrow animation after Giga Drain.

Speaking of Giga Drain, the air version seems like it'll be better in most situations. For one thing, you can move backwards if you miss. It's funny to land during the move and see Ivysaur slide around. For another, you can grab the ledge at any point in the move, making it a really safe way to attack someone waiting onstage.

And finally, I like that the crowd cheers whenever you pop the Smashville balloon.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I've been busy with work, so I've only had about 30 minutes to check out a few new things in 4.0bc.

First Impressions:

General

- The new menus look much better. Very polished!

Character

Ganondorf:
- See my "4.0BC Ganondorf Discussion Thread". You know how 'Dorf conversations can get long-winded...

Mario:
- NEWB's AI fix for CPU Mario's Double Up-B finally made it in! He would be happy if he were still around...

Snake:
- It's possible to do all four kicks out of a Full-Hopped N-Air once again, but they don't link reliably unless you execute the move immediately after a jump; opponents can fall out of the four-kick combo if Snake has downward momentum. Has it always been this way? If not, a midair momentum pause on-hit could be a solution. Look at how well Ganondorf's four-kick N-Air combo links.
- Since we're collaborating with former PM devs now, Snake's Mobile Chokehold and Walking Box would be welcome additions... I wonder if anyone would prefer the Knife F-Smash over the RPG?
- I was hoping for two new taunts. Maybe next version.

Sonic:
- D-Air is no longer a OHKO at ledge-level or below? Wonderful.

Stage

NONE

Mariosonicman1

:is upset final frusteration isnt more frusterating x3 :
joking aside its great to see how this mod turned out. at least i can get this to work on my wii then legacy.

?0123456789?

Sad to see the Samus tether bug is still in the game (had it crash on me earlier). Hopefully one day someone will figure out how to fix it. Also, is there going to be a patch for Homebrew?

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Sad to see the Samus tether bug is still in the game (had it crash on me earlier). Hopefully one day someone will figure out how to fix it. Also, is there going to be a patch for Homebrew?
A patch isn't needed, you just need to get a launcher like GeckOS or Minima Launcher on there.

?0123456789?

I downloaded the new patch (Minus portraits) and the SSS, Random SS, and the Music SS (idk if that's fixable) are still wrong.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
Am I the only one still having download issues? I've tried multiple computers, windows and mac, and all 3 of the major browsers.. Every time I download the .zip folder the download seems to complete, but I can't extract it. With 7zip a bunch of "unknown method" errors come up, and most of the files are deleted, as with forcing an unzip with command prompt. PLEASE HELP!

Rejnka

Certified All-Natural Pinkan Berry Saleschu
Am I the only one still having download issues? I've tried multiple computers, windows and mac, and all 3 of the major browsers.. Every time I download the .zip folder the download seems to complete, but I can't extract it. With 7zip a bunch of "unknown method" errors come up, and most of the files are deleted, as with forcing an unzip with command prompt. PLEASE HELP!
I'm using 7zip 9.20 and everything went just peachy. What version are you using?

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
I'm using 7zip 9.20 and everything went just peachy. What version are you using?
the version from January 2014 :/
I'll update

UPDATE:
So apparently 7zip wasn't that good in 2014. Thank you Rejnka, I'm dumb!

Last edited:

Pandabro14

I'm having a ton of errors. It just keeps saying no valid elf image detected
SD card not found.
Usbgecko notnfound
No code to load hanging. :-(

Thor

Both of the Wii downloads on the first page [Minus art and vBrawl art] are for Hackless builds, right? If not, since I only run Hackless, what do I need to do to get a Hackless version?

?0123456789?

Both of the Wii downloads on the first page [Minus art and vBrawl art] are for Hackless builds, right? If not, since I only run Hackless, what do I need to do to get a Hackless version?

Yeah I believe that's right. I had to use the stage builder method before I pulled the Minima Launcher files from my other SD card and was able to run it through Homebrew. Just make sure you delete all your stage builder stages first if you use that method!