Brawl Minus 4.0BC: A New Era!

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
I dig that Ike has a combo throw again has dthrow, and it feels like the global changes do his combos well, but...

I don't understand why Ike lost super armor, or a restricted ledge grab limit on his aether, or why his dodges were removed out of of quickdraw, when it was pretty essential for certain MU where a character an spam a reliable projectile (such as Pit). Also, Ike STILL can't use Eruption out of grounded quickdraw like he was able to two patches ago, even without NSM. :/ That and he still can't cancel quickdraw into itself on the ground like he used to. Neither of these last two things were ever mentioned to have been officially removed, and I was told by Pin that they would be re-implemented. I'm not sure why it hasn't been done yet but I would hope that this could be fixed?

Last edited:

Yama

How do I get this to work on homebrew? I loaded the minus art patch on my wii and it didn't pop up in homebrew

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
If you have downloaded the netplay version before this post was made, please download it again! Thank you for your understanding.

Thor

Lucas infinite being no more is good.

Luigi side+b nerf is good, but I think up+B sweetspot could use a slight buff... IIRC it's still weaker than Brawl's, which is kinda silly [even if it's much easier to combo into].

I'm assuming MK dair issues were fixed via the global changes and not patching dair...

Glad LB was on the job so turnip pull works correctly now.

Assuming Pichu changes are buffs but loss of chaingrab and removal of that Thunder spam I heard about and never really saw.

YAY PIKACHU FSMASH WAS FIXED!!!

RIP Pokémon Trainer...

New Ivy down+B? Sounds like Nosferatu... wondering if it's gonna be busted or useless [since we have those moves] or just pretty good...

ICE CLIMBERS CAN BOTH GRAB AGAIN!? COOL! [literally, heh]

Didn't know Puff fsmash had cancels lol.

ROB tweaks are quite interesting...

Roy sounds much more threatening, especially Blazer...

Sheik fixes finally... good to see.

SONIC DAIR WAS FIXED!? YESZ! [Can't tell if it got a new a cancel or only an on-hit cancel (a nerf), but I am not worried about that at all lol]

Tink changes sound quite interesting... potentially better combo power?

Wario bike was reverted? Or just nearly reverted? Hmmm...

So the amazing Mushroom Kingdom stage [split into two sides, pretty bad for singles but amazing for FFA and doubles] is gone? At least we have Dreamland 64 and Bowser's Castle... here's hoping SEP and Norfair 3.3. come back in the next [final?] version of Minus...

If I am reading stage tweaks right, Battelfield now has same size blastzones but more of it on camera, same for FD, PS2, Spear Pillar, Smashville, Halberd, Lylat, and Lavendar Town, while FoD, Yoshi's Story, and Warioware were all made generally bigger? Hmmmm...

This patch... lots of good stuff in it.

Mohl

Those are fucking JoJo poses on Waluigi's CSS.

I love you.

Also, where's Falcon on the changelog? Didn't see a section for him.

EDIT 2: Also, now we need to one-up Legacy XP. They combined Final Frustration with Lavaville. I'm thinking a mix of Poke Floats but with various final destination platforms instead of pokemon.

Last edited:

?0123456789?

First thoughts after playing for several hours:

-Really digging the global changes and Mewtwo. Double teleport lets him chase like a boss. Waluigi doesn't feel "Minus-y" enough for me.

-Was I the only one that liked the 4.0b Gandouken better than the old one? It looked cooler and more appropriate for Ganondorf.

-Ike needs NSM!

-Holy shit Lucario's new ultra taunt is crazy. It basically turns the game into either you one-shot me or I one-shot you with MAX Aura Sphere.

-I really like the Charizard and Ice Climbers changes.

-ROB is finally good again!

-Sad to see Toon Link's ice arrows nerfed, as now they do practically nothing when stepped on.

-Replace Summit and Shadow Moses with their PM versions, and bring back Mushroomy Kingdom, Skyloft, Yoshi's Island (Melee) with the block train (one of my favorite stages), and Saffron City.

JDorf

I downloaded and loaded the files onto my SD card but am unable to boot it out of homebrew? Am I missing an application? I currently have minimalauncher on there from the previous build.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Glad LB was on the job so turnip pull works correctly now.
Peach in the old version gave 0 shits about shield pressure so it's nice that that was fixed although I do wish she could pull turnips while being star KO'd because it looked silly and was somewhat practical as you spawned with a turnip in hand. Not only did I discover green shells just didn't spawn, I also discovered the way turnip pull was coded was whack and Maw ended up fixing it. Another small change that should have been added is if Peach is hit out of Parasol she doesn't lose her up b anymore.

VoodooMoon

Run up and slap the stick down
Hey, I can't seem to get Netplay to work. Me and my friend fresh installed, only settings changed are Inserting SD card, and setting the default ISO as Brawl. When we launch it gets to the gecko screen but when you try to launch the game it'll desync. Anyone had this issue or knows some troubleshooting methods? I've also tried to DL the MEGA version of the netplay build (instead of the one in the archive) but MEGA just won't work for me right now

The Green Blur

It's time to aWAken my true power
Is anyone else having trouble downloading the files from Mega? I start the download but it just stays at 0%. I checked if it was my internet but I went and downloaded something from another site and it was fine. Is there any chance the files could get uploaded to a different site?

Nayru

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the files from Mega? I start the download but it just stays at 0%. I checked if it was my internet but I went and downloaded something from another site and it was fine. Is there any chance the files could get uploaded to a different site?
I second that. The Mega files aren't working at all at this point in time. Must be something with the link.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
Yeah this sucks :/ pin send help PLZZ

If someone wants to link the old download link, that might work...

Last edited:

The Green Blur

Yeah it doesn't even start to download for me. I want to play some Waluigi!

If you really wanna play Waluigi you can Download the original version by marioking64DS. But if you're waiting specifically for the Minus version, you gotta wait for a dev or someone with the files to host them on a different site.

The Green Blur

I think this warrants a new post. Either the sites finally up and running normally again, or having my Laptop sit on the download screen for a few hours worked because I managed to download the files. if you still cant download them just ask and I'll upload them right away.