Brawl Minus 4.0b Bug Report Thread

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
Pikachu cannot grab the stage if he is facing away from the edge special fall, even if he is right on it.

Thor

Pikachu cannot grab the stage if he is facing away from the edge special fall, even if he is right on it.

Not a glitch, just very annoying... unless... try doing double quick attack straight up, away from the stage, while on the ledge, then drift offstage a little and drift to ledge... if THAT doesn't grab ledge [while Pikachu is blinking in special fall], that's a glitch. If you refer to Pikachu not grabbing ledge while doing a flipping animation after Quick Attack before he starting blinking in the special fall animation, that's just how it works unfortunately [and that's also the case in Smash 4].

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
After playing matches as certain characters, the game will decide that the best course of action would be, at the character select screen, defaulting to Toon Link

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
After playing matches as certain characters, the game will decide that the best course of action would be, at the character select screen, defaulting to Toon Link
This is a known bug, and it only ever happens with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard.

Xentas

Some Minus Fan Who Likes Criticism
Cancelling Fox's side B by holding R before he moves creates a strange effect. He will slide for a longer time (about 0.75 seconds) with no animation and no phantasms following him. There is still a hitbox but it acts very differently. It will, inconsistently, carry the opponent with the hitboxes. I did actually find this useful. I could input the, tech, and once I got past my opponent I could back air them, more consistently than just randomly guessing the timing normally, and my momentum slow not to a complete halt, but not as much as normal. This all does not apply to Falco because he cannot cancel his phantasm.
May I add to this that you can push yourself off the course as you charge fox fire with this?

Edit: No, you mean the slow illusion... That's intentional. Either way, Fox is really slippery and OP. Executing the illusion in the right way will make it either able to draw you back in another, or slide you off to make you able to charge the Fire as you come back in.

Last edited:

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
I made a thread about a bug before noticing the Bug Report thread, so sorry about that. But Falco's lasers always start out as Brawl lasers on my download. Everything else about the character is as it is intended for Minus, thankfully. Occasionally, the lasers switch to how they're intended for Minus, but I don't know what triggers the switch. Definitely something to fix for the final version of 4.0.

Turk Injaydii

This is intentional. They're switched by UpTaunt.
Hmmm...you guys should mention important details like that in the character description. As a new comer, I had no way to know that. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Another question, how does Ike enter NS mode? I have played 6 stock matches and still never done enough damage to trigger it, apparently. Is there an unlisted facet to this as well?

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Another question, how does Ike enter NS mode? I have played 6 stock matches and still never done enough damage to trigger it, apparently. Is there an unlisted facet to this as well?
No Sympathy Mode has been removed as of 4.0b. However, you can store your Eruption charge once more.

Last edited:

Turk Injaydii

No Sympathy Mode has been removed as of 4.0b. However, you can store your Aether charge once more.

Well poop! I saw it in his description and thought it looked REALLY cool. That's disappointing. I love the unique mechanics yall've given some characters (such as making Bowser a grappler). Sad to hear yall removed Ike's.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
No Sympathy Mode has been removed as of 4.0b. However, you can store your Aether charge once more.
You mean Ike's Eruption charge, right? I was glad to see that return.

Well poop! I saw it in his description and thought it looked REALLY cool. That's disappointing. I love the unique mechanics yall've given some characters (such as making Bowser a grappler). Sad to hear yall removed Ike's.
I was really disappointed to see No Sympathy Mode go, too.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
The character descriptions on the website are really out of date. That's one of the big reasons we're trying to get the character videos out.

Turk Injaydii

The character descriptions on the website are really out of date. That's one of the big reasons we're trying to get the character videos out.

I've figured that out, lol. Do yall regularly update the wiki or anything? I've pretty much stopped looking at the character descriptions as reference. Has Cpt Falcon had his secret taunt/quick Falcon Punch removed, as well?

Turk Injaydii

Falcon's secret taunt is still in the game.

WHAT?!?! That's great! Wish I could figure it out though, lol. How the heck do you do it??? I read on wiki that its done by quickly pressing up-taunt, down-taunt, up-taunt. And I've attempted that. I just quickly press "up, down, up" on the d-pad. Is that right?

vanity.

Hardcore will never die, but you will.
Okay, so I recently discovered an audio glitch with the fireballs and firebrand with Mario.

Apparently, depending on when you use firebrand, you can actually trick the game into playing the firebrand audio for aerial fireballs. I assume that this happens when firebrand is supposed to be cancelled on the ground, but still gives off the firebrand audio. As I show in the replay, you can also make an aerial fireball give no audio at all. This also gives the same effect as stated earlier. It's not easy and likely minor though. To make aerial fireballs give no audio is pretty difficult, and is a fairly tight window of frames. However, it's still a bug, and I thought it was worth noting. Unless this is intentional, which I have a feeling it isn't.

Attachments

• fireballs yum.rar
    7.8 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:

baltarc

Not sure whether this is intentional, but ROB has an unused custom skin in the Minus files. It's named "FitRobot01", but 01 isn't a valid slot for ROB.

Mario3785

Enjoyer of Ironic Memes
Here's a small bug I noticed in Subspace Emissary. If you play as Mr. Game and Watch and use his held N-air on a spring, he'll keep the parachute until you enter the next area.

Mariosonicman1

Here's a small bug I noticed in Subspace Emissary. If you play as Mr. Game and Watch and use his held N-air on a spring, he'll keep the parachute until you enter the next area.
interesting thing to find, i dont think many of us would of noticed since trying to play from a new file crashes the game,

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
It only crashes on Wii actually. There isn't enough available memory for SSE in Minus on Wii, but Dolphin can allocate something like 2GB of working memory compared to Wii's <100MB so it can run it just fine.