Brawl Minus 3.Q is all Qued up and ready to go!

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom

Thor

ALSO, @Tybis , can we expand the camera on the edges of Hyrule Castle 64, or at least extend the blastzones (We'd have to do that if the camera showed more of offstage)? I feel like I die super early on that stage considering it's so big, and this would fulfill two of my desires:

A) a stage with bigger blastzones
B) a stage that feels like more like the N64 version.

Is this possible?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I wonder how the Project M devs gave 'Dorf the ability to reflect projectiles in 3.5. Looks like it is possible after all...

NEWB

It is possible, ours devs don't know how to give anyone reflective properties that doesn't already have them.

Even then, I think they are stupid. Ganondorf is going to be op as shit for project m. The only thing from their Ganon that I would take is the sword taunt attack.

Also, I believe we are no longer able to talk about project m on the minus section.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Once again: they can give characters different properties based on what module the character is put over. I'm going to assume that either someone finally cracked the reflect code, or they simply ported Dorf over a module that has the reflect code.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
It is possible, ours devs don't know how to give anyone reflective properties that doesn't already have them.

Even then, I think they are stupid. Ganondorf is going to be op as shit for project m. The only thing from their Ganon that I would take is the sword taunt attack.

Hover and Volley are great, and true to 'Dorf's character. I'm pretty envious of those two things right now.

The sword attack is meh, since you have to do the taunt every time you want to use it (I think).

Here's hoping 'Dorf gets a Sword Mode in Minus.

Also, I believe we are no longer able to talk about project m on the minus section.
Since when? Talking about Project M in relation to Minus should be fine.

Anyhow, why doesn't the Minus Dev Team ask the Project M Dev Team for more help in some areas?

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

Pin said something about it a long time ago. Not talking about pm that is.

I don't really know why our devs don't ask for help. That is to say they shouldn't feel they have to for our sake. I feel that project m is nearing completion and that their knowledge and codes will someday become public domain. I want all star versus and new stamina mode and world wrap, if only for the novelty reasons. I mean, even if our devs can do that, they should focus on what minus is and how they want it to turn out. All the aesthetics and interesting stuff we see in pm can come after.

Updated event matches would be nice too, especially for the now broken ones.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
I'll answer some of the PM related questions. Or any other questions in general if you've got 'em.

Pin said something about it a long time ago. Not talking about pm that is.

PM discussion in relation to Brawl Minus is allowed on the Minus boards, but any discussion about PM and its gameplay/characters/etc should be discussed on the mods board, since PM isn't Brawl Minus. Features in PM (modes, character abilities, stages, etc) isn't a problem, but discussing its gameplay/strategies/match-ups should not be on the Minus boards.

I don't really know why our devs don't ask for help. That is to say they shouldn't feel they have to for our sake. I feel that project m is nearing completion and that their knowledge and codes will someday become public domain. I want all star versus and new stamina mode and world wrap, if only for the novelty reasons. I mean, even if our devs can do that, they should focus on what minus is and how they want it to turn out. All the aesthetics and interesting stuff we see in pm can come after.

We are able to reach them, and have gotten permission to use a few of the littler things in our next build. We don't want to overstep our boundaries and potentially step on any toes when it comes to asking them for things or assistance.

Updated event matches would be nice too, especially for the now broken ones.

From memory, the broken event matches are #4 (crush everything in Skyworld) #16(Climb Rumble Falls) and #17 (Use ZSS' Final Smash to transform into Samus)

Two of which involve reverting stages, and one changing a final Smash to fix. If we Are capable of creating new events to replace these, we will look into it.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
ALSO, @Tybis , can we expand the camera on the edges of Hyrule Castle 64, or at least extend the blastzones (We'd have to do that if the camera showed more of offstage)? I feel like I die super early on that stage considering it's so big, and this would fulfill two of my desires:

A) a stage with bigger blastzones
B) a stage that feels like more like the N64 version.

Is this possible?

It is possible.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I'll answer some of the PM related questions. Or any other questions in general if you've got 'em.
OK then...
WHEN WILL BRAWL MINUS HAVE AN UPDATE?
Also, doqk has a question for you regarding music. Check his profile.
From memory, the broken event matches are #4 (crush everything in Skyworld) #16(Climb Rumble Falls) and #17 (Use ZSS' Final Smash to transform into Samus)
IIRC, I think only the first one is broken. The Rumble Falls thing could just be timed and you have to survive for a certain time? Zero Suit Samus can just hold R to transform into Samus IIRC. Also, haven't tested this yet, but technically, the Super Bowser Bros. Event could cause problems.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Once again: they can give characters different properties based on what module the character is put over. I'm going to assume that either someone finally cracked the reflect code, or they simply ported Dorf over a module that has the reflect code.
Well literally every character in project m can reflect projectiles via perfect shield, so depending on how that works it may not be too hard to extend that to individual moves.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I'm only explaining based on what I was told by one of the main coders.

Thor

I am making a prediction that may or may not be correct... either a winter break update (to enjoy before the new year) or a new year's update, with a timing between December 22 and January 10.

I may be miles off, but I would hope that it's not too far past that...

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Nah...
A new Brawl Minus will be everyone's Christmas gift.
Meaning it will be out before Christmas. I think.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
I actually keep having a problem where I keep playing Smash 4 like it's Minus lol Going for follow ups that aren't doable and such :( I'm looking forward to the news!

Thor

*This is now irrelevant, but referenced a former issue with a triple post*

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I used to double post once due to my old phones laggy Internet. And I have a similar problem: I use moves and combos in Minus like I would in Smash 4. Like I'm not using Ness' dair gimp as much, I'm using Ike's Fsmash more often, I try to do a rising aerial in Smash 4 with Ness by holding jump and I try to do a rising aerial in Minus without holding jump.