Brawl Minus 3.5 coming out on May 29th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
What I'll say about Mewtwo is this:
1. In Melee, a good Mewtwo player could consistently win FFAs. I've seen it, I've done it to a small extent years ago, as I am no longer skilled with Mewtwo at all.
2. People who grew up playing Melee for many years have a much larger chance of being part of the Mewtwo character fanbase. There are exceptions to this of course, me for example.
3. When it came to one on one fights in Melee, Mewtwo could hold his own quite well, but he was no god. The learning curve for Mewtwo was moderate in my opinion, lower than that of Peach.
4. In installations of Mewtwo in the mods I've played, Mewtwo needs a new moveset in order to be a serious threat. A level 4 or 5 out of 5 human skill level could play well against Brawl characters, yes. However, with a skill level lower than that, no way, especially against Minus.

In conclusion, I'd love to see Mewtwo in Minus, but we'd need a Minus Mewtwo, not a Melee Mewtwo or a vBrawl Mewtwo. I have faith that if the Minus developers choose to include Mewtwo, that they will give us a Minus Mewtwo and will make him a powerful contender. These have been my opinions on Mewtwo, based on my observations as a semi-competitive Brawl player, and a long time childhood Melee player.

Thor

Mewtwo could only win FFAs via camping and because he had KO throws. Mewtwo got wrecked in 1v1s versus space animals and more, unless one was playing with more casual players. Mewtwo could use some of his old moveset minused up (buffed fair, much better nair) but he probably does need some moveset tweaks to keep up.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Trust me when I say I know the minus team will give us one hell of a mewtwo.

NEWB

I don't know what minus can do to hic known moveset to make him good. That's basically pm mewtwo. He would probably need to be completely redesigned like pichu.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
well i never really like any of his lame tail whip attacks xP while it seemed to be a little fluid, it, to me at least, felt like it broke from the character, and it didn't feel original or very creative for the one pokemon in the series who's canonically supposed to be as smart as he is :p (aside from arceus)

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
On a different note...

- Any reason why Snake's "fist pump" animation was left in his Nikita missile move, and sped up a lot? Was it not possible to remove that animation? I think it would look better if Snake didn't do a turbo arm gesture after every missile he fires.

- Very minor thing, but Dedede's waistband shifts whenever he uses DDDecree. Graphic glitch?

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
sorry, i get pretty easily distracted xP ...but yeah, as far as the new update goes, i'm excited, but i guess it must've been in the works for a while to be getting released only a week after being made public xD haha, so either the devs are really good at hiding their card under the table, or were they maybe planning on releasing roy since before pichu..? ^^

You really thought we took breaks? As soon as one update is out we start planning for the next one. and Bent... I'm pretty sure there's a different thread for that. Isn't there? There really... should be. I know for a fact that I made one.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Aside from all that growing up watching and playing pokemon I never found mewtwo to be that cool

I will say, Itd be cool to have a psychic, grappling mewtwo

Thor

Actually nvm, Dr. Mario wouldn't need too many changes since Mario got more changes than I realized from Melee to vBrawl.

NEWB

Yes, but it's still awfully redundant. Pm put the doc on an alternate skin and that's where he belongs. Though, if he got more stuff like melee fox did coming into minus, then maybe.... Still a very poor choice for a new character though. May as well do daisy then.

Other Aether

Mediator
I agree that Doc is redundant and I don't support him, simply because I'd much rather have someone like Lanky Kong. However, I just thought I'd make a moveset so people could see how he *could* look.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Yes, but it's still awfully redundant. Pm put the doc on an alternate skin and that's where he belongs. Though, if he got more stuff like melee fox did coming into minus, then maybe.... Still a very poor choice for a new character though. May as well do daisy then.

I would actually support Daisy.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
meh, i think an alt for peach where the attacks that make the pink petals graphics were white/yellow instead would be good enough.. also, probably the rackets and golf clubs and parasols would be nice to get a color change between the different princesses.. but other than that, daisy essentially has the same skills and moves as peach :p ..Rosalina could be different, but i don't know if we need it, and she could probably get yellow (or maybe rainbow) stars to replace the petal graphic, and still fit KINDA well...

i would really like to see Waluigi before anyone else from the mario series :p then would come the DK crew (1st = dixie + tiny, then 2nd = funky + chunky, then 3rd = cranky + lanky...); followed by bowser jr., maybe with koopaling reskins; then the baby bros & princesses, maybe in that "baby sitter toad" idea i had

NEWB

I don't think we need that much donkey kong, but I guess that's why you were going with most to least preferred.

Thor

Is it tomorrow at like 6pm or tomorrow midnight or tonight midnight or what for release time?

Other Aether

Mediator
then would come the DK crew (1st = dixie + tiny, then 2nd = funky + chunky, then 3rd = cranky + lanky...); followed by bowser jr., maybe with koopaling reskins; then the baby bros & princesses, maybe in that "baby sitter toad" idea i had
Why Lanky last? he's very clearly the best candidate for Brawl-. Funky/Chunky would be cool, but too much like DK imo. Tiny/Dixie has very high odds of getting into Smash 4, so she doesn't deserve that much time spent on her. I think instead of trying to stuff so many characters from the same few series into the game, we should be diverse. Example:
Lanky Kong (DK64)
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Infernape (Pokemon) or Mew (Pokemon)
Maybe some more obscure characters who need more love? What about a partner from Paper Mario 64/TTYD? Could be:
Parakarry (Paper Mario 64)
Lakilester (Paper Mario 64)
Vivian (Paper Mario TTYD)
Bobbery (Paper Mario TTYD)
I'd say Ridley, but Ridley has higher odds of getting into Smash 4 than some people think... 3 of the more "credible" leaks (I don't personally believe any of them) claim that the stage Ridley is the Other M clone, and that real Ridley is playable.
And I really don't think we need to look more than 3 characters in the future. It takes a long time to create, animate, code, add, and debug a completely new character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
And I really don't think we need to look more than 3 characters in the future. It takes a long time to create, animate, code, add, and debug a completely new character.

Thor

I mean, if the mod goes 10 years and passions don't wane, give 'em 1 character every 2 years and it could be up to 5... but 3 is quite a lot, especially if there's any expectation of them in fewer than 3 years, maybe more for sure (I don't know how long a character takes - maybe y'all've been working on Roy, Pichu, and the other one since like prior to 2.X.16 and I just had no idea...).

Other Aether

Mediator
I mean, if the mod goes 10 years and passions don't wane, give 'em 1 character every 2 years and it could be up to 5... but 3 is quite a lot, especially if there's any expectation of them in fewer than 3 years, maybe more for sure (I don't know how long a character takes - maybe y'all've been working on Roy, Pichu, and the other one since like prior to 2.X.16 and I just had no idea...).
A character like Roy or Pichu uses pretty much premade animations with slight changes. A *new* character takes a really, really long time to animate. If the backroom got 3 professional animators to invest a lot of time in this, it might take ~3 months to make a totally new character. There are a lot more than just attack animations that you have to make.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
It's whenever it gets released. Be patient geez.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
Why Lanky last? he's very clearly the best candidate for Brawl-. Funky/Chunky would be cool, but too much like DK imo. Tiny/Dixie has very high odds of getting into Smash 4, so she doesn't deserve that much time spent on her.
i chose lanky last, because i think CRANKY would be last, and these two can MAYBE fit over one-slot depending on how we make the moveset :p but as is, dixie and funky would make more sense to me to be in the game, and chunky and tiny VERY EASILY just be reskins of these guys... so actually, my list goes:
dixie, funky, lanky, tiny, chunky, cranky, in that order... ... since lanky doesn't easily have someone who can one-slot with, except maybe cranky, he's much more limited, and i felt like inserting just 1/3 from the DK64 crew didn't make as much sense as 2/2 or even 1/2 of the Country crew :p ...plus, i really would prefer them...

if you were going to put ANY ONE STAND-ALONE character from DK64, the one that would be the best SINGLE character is Battle Krush'a: the only character for versus mode that you have to unlock -- who i guess is supposed to be a commando K'Rool... (the fact that K'Rool is called the K'Rusha in his final boss fight also made me think this may have been an iteration of a "younger" K'Rool...)

I think instead of trying to stuff so many characters from the same few series into the game, we should be diverse. Example:
Lanky Kong (DK64)
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Infernape (Pokemon) or Mew (Pokemon)
Maybe some more obscure characters who need more love? What about a partner from Paper Mario 64/TTYD? Could be:
Parakarry (Paper Mario 64)
Lakilester (Paper Mario 64)
Vivian (Paper Mario TTYD)
Bobbery (Paper Mario TTYD)
I'd say Ridley, but Ridley has higher odds of getting into Smash 4 than some people think... 3 of the more "credible" leaks (I don't personally believe any of them) claim that the stage Ridley is the Other M clone, and that real Ridley is playable.

Lanky, yea and no: he could work, but i don't feel like he alone could represent the DK64 franchise (above)
Black Shadow, YES :D i totally wanted this guy in since Melee
Infernape, nah, would feel like a fire alt of lucario :p
Mew would be awesome, but i can't really think of any specific style he/she could use.. no real specific moves xP
Paper Mario, i'd love to put in Jr. Troopa from the 64 game or Doopliss from TYD! :D
Jr. Troopa was one of my all-time favorite characters EVER and he only had this one game! XP it was always amazing to run into this adorable, delightful guy and see him with his plethora of new forms and moves and basically evolving with you as the game goes on!! xD he had magikoopa powers, paratroopa powers :) his last words were a swear that mario wouldn't be so lucky next time they met, and we haven't seen him since! xP
Doopliss would also be amazing to see in the game, and if it was possible, he could use Kirby's copy ability to transform into a paper version of any character, which'd be AMAZING! XD imagine playing as a character who could change his whole moveset to almost anyone in the game!.. if we could make one skin of each character that was a paper version of them, and give him the ability to "transform" into them, while making it impossible for this costume to be selected regularly and for an other skin to use the transform move, that could be one (extremely complicated way) of doing this... since that very likely is not even possible, if he was alternatively made using the alloy's bodies, he could just have a few alt forms to copy some particular characters, like mario, captain falcon, and zelda, and then make the original Doopliss over the green (kirby) alloy... maybe we could make one or two more skins, like link and pikachu, but maybe this way he could have a few alts that have similar movesets, but look sloppily copied.. like only sword attacks on link, only punch and kick attacks on cap, a magic wand on zelda (for no good reason), and hammer moves on mario.. :D something like that would be pretty fun to see.. and maybe only a few moves need to be different than the characters they are clones of... anyway, this is just one really run along idea of a version of Doopliss, i'm sure there'd be WAY better ideas out there :p

Status
Not open for further replies.