Brawl Minus 3.5 coming out on May 29th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Sammi-husky said:
couldn't you tell by some of the things he put in smash4 that was inspired by us?

I now expect a longer Fire Bird in smash 4. Birds can fly, dang it!

I honestly was hoping Ike got cut... Sakurai said he'd make cuts to the roster, and with only 39 on Brawl, we've got like 8 spots left, unless he decided Smash 4 will have like 40 characters... .

Why the hell are people still thinking Smash 4 is somehow not having more characters than Brawl? Of course it's going to have more, the main point of a Smash sequel is to be even bigger than the last, and the amount of characters revealed already makes it painfully obvious it's having more characters than Brawl (fyi, Smash 4 now has 30 revealed before release with more to come at at E3, when Brawl had 25 revealed before release (27 counting PT as three separate), and you really expect Sakurai to leave such a small amount of the roster a mystery?).

Also, Sakurai didn't say he was making cuts, he said he might have to make a few cuts, while then insuring he's going to return as many characters as possible as he can. His reason for possible cuts was 3DS space, but it has already been demonstrated many times that without a massive story mode like SSE hogging up more than half the game's space, the 3DS cart can easily handle a larger roster than Brawl. And you know, there's no story mode this time to hog up half the space and development. Really, cuts are going to be at an absolute minimum, and don't be surprised if the Pokemon Trainer with Squirtle and Ivysaur are the only cuts.

Lightning

Ikesexual
And you know, there's no story mode this time to hog up half the space and development. Really, cuts are going to be at an absolute minimum, and don't be surprised if the Pokemon Trainer with Squirtle and Ivysaur are the only cuts.
I could see ROB leaving, only due to the fact that he's only relevant because of the SSE story mode. (Yes, I'm aware that he was in like an old Mario Kart game or something..) I think he has a higher chance of getting cut because now there's no story mode, so he's just kinda.. there.

Eh. I don't know if I explained that well enough.. :p

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
ROB had his own game...many eons ago. Twas an NES game. Don't know much else.

Thor

Omega Tyrant" said:
Why the hell are people still thinking Smash 4 is somehow not having more characters than Brawl? Of course it's going to have more, the main point of a Smash sequel is to be even bigger than the last, and the amount of characters revealed already makes it painfully obvious it's having more characters than Brawl (fyi, Smash 4 now has 30 revealed before release with more to come at at E3, when Brawl had 25 revealed before release (27 counting PT as three separate), and you really expect Sakurai to leave such a small amount of the roster a mystery?).

Also, Sakurai didn't say he was making cuts, he said he might have to make a few cuts, while then insuring he's going to return as many characters as possible as he can. His reason for possible cuts was 3DS space, but it has already been demonstrated many times that without a massive story mode like SSE hogging up more than half the game's space, the 3DS cart can easily handle a larger roster than Brawl. And you know, there's no story mode this time to hog up half the space and development. Really, cuts are going to be at an absolute minimum, and don't be surprised if the Pokemon Trainer with Squirtle and Ivysaur are the only cuts.

After looking around, I realized someone at some point gave me a misquote I'd seen a few different places saying that Sakurai said there will be fewer characters in the new Smash game. What he actually said (so it was fortunately a misquote) was that there are fewer newcomers, not fewer total characters. That this misquote spread to people is probably why they think it will have fewer characters than Brawl, as I know other people who also "heard" this.

I'd swear I read a direct quote online (not just a quote of a quote) that he said he'd have to cut a few characters, although Squirtle and Ivysaur are a few characters so it's very possible that's the limit on the number of characters he'll cut. And this may also have been inaccurate. And yeah, Smash Run likely takes up less space than SSE so they space to work with.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
What? It's a valid question. Not trying to start a discussion here; I linked to the other topic.

I'm betting that Warlock Punch is not used even half as much as it was before it lost the cancel.

That said, any further discussion should go in the topic I linked to.

Thor

I use it more because I don't have to worry about random shield killing me if I don't hold B since I never figured out how to tech/roll after the shield break or whatever.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I use it more because I don't have to worry about random shield killing me if I don't hold B since I never figured out how to tech/roll after the shield break or whatever.
You just had to mash sidestep dodge or roll if you anticipated getting shielded. Really easy, as long as you had at least a fourth of the width of FD flat ground behind you.

FYI, Other Aether is working on a version of Warlock Punch that ignores shields and retains the cancel.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
again, "Beeeent"

lol, yeah, sounds cool, but, back to the topic at hand: i think there were a total of 15 new characters in brawl.. so as long as there aren't exactly or more than 15 new guys in smash U, then the number of veterans may not matter...

i guess after this topic closes, we can get back to the original-original topic? (B- 3.5)

I could see ROB leaving, only due to the fact that he's only relevant because of the SSE story mode. (Yes, I'm aware that he was in like an old Mario Kart game or something..) I think he has a higher chance of getting cut because now there's no story mode, so he's just kinda.. there.

Eh. I don't know if I explained that well enough.. :p

R.O.B. is a pretty significant historical retro character, much like Mr. Game & Watch (and you have to remember his role in getting the NES sold in North America after the video game crash). Plus he's one of Smash's most unique characters, and had a decently sized playerbase in Brawl. R.O.B. is pretty likely to return.

I'd swear I read a direct quote online (not just a quote of a quote) that he said he'd have to cut a few characters, although Squirtle and Ivysaur are a few characters so it's very possible that's the limit on the number of characters he'll cut. And this may also have been inaccurate. And yeah, Smash Run likely takes up less space than SSE so they space to work with.

Here's the article you're thinking of. The exact quotes from Sakurai are:

"The reality of the situation unfortunately is that there are certain limitations on the 3DS,"

"So we're forced into the situation where we may need to reduce some characters to a certain degree. but we're really working hard in order to include as many characters as possible."

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
ooh, so is that a hint that we may see more characters in the console release after everyone's already been playing the 3DS game and thought they unlocked everyone?! :D
i smell a teaser!!

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Guys, please keep this thread on topic. This is not the thread to discuss smash4 related content, theres a thread for that already :I

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
sorry, i get pretty easily distracted xP ...but yeah, as far as the new update goes, i'm excited, but i guess it must've been in the works for a while to be getting released only a week after being made public xD haha, so either the devs are really good at hiding their card under the table, or were they maybe planning on releasing roy since before pichu..? ^^

NEWB

The topic isn't open for discussion. Bminus releasing on may 29th is a fact. Nothing to say about it now that everyone here knows and we are already very excited.

Thor

This might also be a byproduct of the suggestion "Keep deadlines personal, not public" that someone made, so now they know they can get it out at this time, so they've made the deadline public only after they know they can get it done on time.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i guess that makes sense :) still, i had no idea this was coming at all, even without a deadline :p there was talk of an update, but not even if it was coming soon, etc. x3 and the fact that roy is here is definitely a big surprise too!

Thor

Dr. Mario might be a bit redundant, so they'd have to shake him up, though I bet the Minus team could do it... YL might be tough too, though he has some differences from both Link and TL now and could be given a few more...

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
there's a moveset idea for OoT adult+young link as oneslot with the ability to transform on the "ideas for new characters thread" ...check it out, if you want, it's basically a sword pedestal taunt-transformation between the two, with different movesets from each other...

and i still think mewtwo would fit, but dr mario may be pushing it.. maybe... anyway, with the obvious desire to include as few clones as possible, while still offering as much variety as possible, there is going to be some teetering around the line till everything's final, but hopefully the team has a good idea of what their doing -- which from the looks of it, they DEFINITELY do -- and hopefully they can keep these characters coming without hitting too many snags in the road

Glyph

I think I'm pretty well within the realm of what I can say when I say the next character should be pretty obvious considering who we've done thus far. I wouldn't get too into speculation on stuff that will need to be done from scratch just yet.

Thor

If Mewtwo had been done well in Melee to be a good character, people would understand better.

But he sucked, so fans stayed liking him and non-fans were like "Really? This is the hype, when he's like opposite the place of JIGGLYPUFF, a floating ball of air? REALLY?"

Status
Not open for further replies.