Brawl Minus 3.5 coming out on May 29th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Brawl Minus 3.3 is great fun, but you know what would be even better? MORE FUN! And if Brawl Minus is fun, and we want to give you more fun, then I guess the only logical way to go about that is by giving you MORE BRAWL MINUS!

So what's in store this time? Well, glad you asked! We'll be having more character reworkings, plenty of balance tweaks and adjustments to make the characters not only fun to play as but more fun to play against, as well as reworking Pichu to make him more polished and refined. But who would I be to not mention the biggest announcement of them all?

Introducing our boy, ROY!

8XsDj.png

Hailing from Pharae of Lycia, and returning from Super Smash Bros. Melee, Roy is prepared to bring on the fire and burn his competition! But in Brawl Minus, he will prove himself to be much more than "that inferior Marth". Equipped with the Sword of Seals, which has been proven to be stronger than any blade in all of Elibe, Roy has trained his way to become a force to be reckoned with, and this time, Roy is more than determined to stand his ground and win the battle!

You can expect this update to come out in...6 days! In less than a week you'll be able to take a new spin on Brawl Minus with new revisions and a brand new warrior!

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
first!

WOW! i am HYPED for this!! :D it's been a little while too, and i was beginning to wonder whether or not you guys were going to be adding characters again immediately ^^

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
hm.. any reason this isn't on the release news list?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Nice! I'm looking forward to this update.

Roy's coming to Minus, and Ike is returning for SSB4. Great night to be a fan of Fire Emblem!

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

This needed to happen. Too many bugs floating around. I can't believe you guys can pump these out really quickly! Nice job!

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
:p i kinda get what you mean, but i think roy's awesome too!.. and who knows? maybe Lyn can get a spot?? :D (it'd make this less of a sausage fest <.<)

NEWB

They should hit characters that have previously appeared first. I can't wait to see mewtwo :)

That being said, I really do hope for numerous bug fixes. Is it too much too ask to know what's been addressed?

Many characters don't have heavy knockback SFX, and pichu has quieter voice clip at lavender town. Clanging is also quieter here. Then there is selecting random stage switch.... Any other big ones?

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i think one i heard of from glitch or sunder was toon link's black skin (now vaatii) crashes the game on wifi..? ...not sure, since i can't get on wifi, if this is specifically on dolphin or usb loader, but it's definitely annoying since most people'd probably wanna pick that skin... ...and if we're talking about more characters, btw, i'd suggest, yeah, mewtwo going in, along with deoxys as another playable character... now i know he's already a pokeball, but there are already hacks for skins over pokeballs (arceus could fit there)... and if not him, then maybe zoroark or darkrai... they could all have pretty unique moves... but if not, then i'd still love to see skins based on their artwork... i think there's one for lucario as zoroark, but maybe mewtwo could get a darkrai one..?

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
aww :< i kinda liked it... can it be an alt when you guys add C-Bliss?

Lightning

Ikesexual
6 DAyS?? I'M NoT REaDy fOR tHE AMaziNGNeSs!!

But, in all seriousness, you guys have better fixed almost all the bugs 3.3 has, especially the strap menu freeze.. :D

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I'm hoping for less freezing as well.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Well....now I can have a better Roy. Saves me some time on my custom build. Looking forward to see how that moveset differs from PM and Melee.
But six days? Wow...that's quick. The devs must have been hard at work. I never encountered those mass issues, but here's to hopefully not ever getting them.

The freezes that occur before the game loads is from BrawlEx. There has been no solution to the freeze as of yet.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Many characters don't have heavy knockback SFX, and pichu has quieter voice clip at lavender town. Clanging is also quieter here. Then there is selecting random stage switch.... Any other big ones?

Thanks for gathering all these together, I nearly forgot about the SFX one.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i wish they were pulling more characters from each franchise xP ..it would have been a great opportunity to introduce more female characters, like Lyn for fire emblem... ...but i still have faith there is at least one more Pokemon to come too... i believe sceptile will be replacing the grass-starter spot, since they're giving 3rd gen a reboot :D ...pretty off-topic, but i guess for the roy news, i'm really excited and hope to see something awesome ^^

Thor

I honestly was hoping Ike got cut... Sakurai said he'd make cuts to the roster, and with only 39 on Brawl, we've got like 8 spots left, unless he decided Smash 4 will have like 40 characters... I want back Falco, MK, Jiggs, Ness, and Captain Falcon (not necessarily in that order), and given that I predict ICs, GnW, and Ganondorf all also have strong chances to get back in, the odds of getting my 5 seem slim at best now... I do like Ike though, and if I get my 5 back I'll be VERY happy to see him in the new Smash... if I don't see the originals, Falco, and another shot at my formerly desired main (before I learned people hated him and he was well-practiced against and I'd be derided by the casuals I knew and some local players), I might blame some of that on Ike (and also probably some of it on Toon Link and maybe Olimar...). At least he looks even cooler now.

And I LOVE the idea of seeing Roy actually be able to recover (unless he's just such a monster on stage he's got a lame recovery, but the idea of him being so dominant onstage against even Lucario, Dedede, Rob, and Sheik onstage that he doesn't need a great recovery to usually keep up with them scares me...or else you made him C tier : / and I hope not).

Jade_Rock

Roy's back!Can't wait!
Mewtwo next cause he's Mewtwo or someone else,paper mario?

Last edited by a moderator:

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
waluigi and/or bowser jr'd be nice :) jr could use the palletes of the koopalings, maybe, but i don't have too many move ideas... but i did make a page for waluigi ideas, and he already has a moveset

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Its almost like you guys syncronized this with thr ike announcement

oh yea ;) we got the inside scoop with sakurai! he's an avid minus fan! couldn't you tell by some of the things he put in smash4 that was inspired by us?

lol but in all seriousness, i hope y'all are hyped for our boy up there. As for crashes, it is in no way confirmed that these crashes are caused by BrawlEx. In fact i personally disagree that they are, though i assure you they are being looked into. Many quality of life adjustments and improvements have been made this update.

Status
Not open for further replies.