Brawl- M3: Mirror Match Masters

Thor

Played The Concept and lost 3-2 in Sheik dittos (After starting off 2-0....), did the runback right away (since The Concept said ok) and lost 3-1. I'll be issuing another challenge on Wednesday though, when I'm allowed to again. The Concept has all the replays (or between us we do, I missed like two but he said he had them all).

Last edited by a moderator:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Concept plays a mean Sheik! Best I've played so far.

Guess I'm off to bed. Catch you guys Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thor

Concept plays a mean Sheik! Best I've played so far.

Guess I'm off to bed. Catch you guys Tuesday or Wednesday.

You should play me in Sheik dittos too. I know we are both RUs, but I'd love to play you to see your Sheik.

Thor said:
MK
Falco
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Ivysaur
King Dedede
Kirby
Link
Lucario
Marth
Olimar
Pikachu
Pokémon Trainer
Sheik
Toon Link
Wolf
Zelda and Sheik
Zero Suit Samus

Meta Knight: I challenge @NEWB for the Meta Knight champion title.
Falco: I challenge @Gold_TSG for the Falco champion title.
Captain Falcon: I challenge @Bent 00 for the Captain Falcon champion title. [this could go badly...]
Ice Climbers: I challenge @Pin Clock for the Ice Climbers champion title.
Ivysaur: I challenge @Glyph for the Ivysaur champion title.
Kirby: I challenge Glyph for the Kirby champion title.
Link: I challenge either Bent 00 or Glyph for the Link RU title - whomever will face me first [by this I mean whomever is available sooner].
Lucario: I challenge either @Joenen or @Sammi-husky for the RU slot, and I'll play the other for the title if I win the RU slot [are they active enough to get this challenge?] - whomever will face me first.
Marth: I challenge either @Bashdemears or @Lightning for the Marth RU title - whomever will face me first.
Olimar: Olimar freezes my Wii randomly on 3.Q : ( but not on 3.5, so if Gold_TSG is ok with it, I challenge him for Olimar champion title on 3.5 (Since Olimar didn't receive any changes, last I checked). [not expecting this to end well...]
Pikachu: I challenge Glyph for the Pikachu champion title.
Pokémon Trainer: I challenge Glyph for the Pokémon Trainer title.
Sheik: Effective Wednesday, I challenge The Concept for the Sheik title (once again) [I wanna hold this one so badly, even if it's only long enough for me to offer a rematch and get 3-0'd.].
Toon Link: I challenge @Kienamaru for the Toon Link Champion title.
Wolf: I challenge Bashdemears for the Wolf Champion title [this is more for kicks than because I can play Wolf well].
Zelda and Sheik: I challenge Bent 00 for the Sheilda Champion title [usually using both is called Sheilda].
Zero Suit Samus: I challenge either @CaptainEllipsis or Lightning for the ZSS RU title. [also mostly for kicks]

I'd rather not send out a zillion PMs, but I will if I have to. If you're on here, either leave a message here or PM me the times you can play and we'll set something up.

Also, Bent 00, we should REALLY get a rule in place for what happens if someone accidentally changes character in a character-specific M3. Yesterday The Concept accidentally changed to Zelda during our M3, and while I just let him change back, is there a penalty for changing or is there a penalty if the opponent attempts to prevent them from changing back/hits them out of the transform back animation or what? And what penalty would there be had either of us accidentally transformed and used an attack by mistake?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I'm the kind of person who wouldn't care if you hit me while transforming, but if I see you transform and think it's an accident, I'll let you transform back without me moving at all.

NEWB

I'm not really sure you should issue that many challenges Thor. It may make it harder and inconvenient for all the champs to challenge you within a week, as they are the ones penalized for not making it on time.

Also, I might be wrong but I think you have to send pms to make it an official challenge. It would be better for you to go at this more organized anyway.

Thor

I'm not really sure you should issue that many challenges Thor. It may make it harder and inconvenient for all the champs to challenge you within a week, as they are the ones penalized for not making it on time.

Also, I might be wrong but I think you have to send pms to make it an official challenge. It would be better for you to go at this more organized anyway.

Well, that's why I'm not sending out PMs yet. I'm gonna give people at least a week before I send out any PMs to make any of these official, and of course if schedules conflict I'll delay stuff.

That said, it's easier to tell people this way, because there are indeed a lot of them, so if even half the people respond, I'll be occupied with the others and can then do those later, which is convenient for people who don't have time right now. This is really just meant to say "Heads up I want this, if no one answers I'm gonna start doing the PMs", but if people just respond and PM me or post here, we can get things rolling and no one will have to feel time-pressured (and for what it's worth, I've already gotten a PM back about availability, so it seems to be working).

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
BENT has the Snake title???

Maybe I should get on whyfy this weekend...

SAHunterMech

CQC Apprentice
Minus Backroom
okay, so wait a minute here. What happens if multiple challengers challenge one person? I want to challenge for Snake now, and Sheik later on. Snake has two empty RU slots, Sheik has one.

Should Tybis and I fight, and then the winner of that challenges Bent?

And the same thing for Sheik: Do Thor and I need to fight, then winner fights Bent, then if one of us wins that, they fight Concept?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
One should probably update the OP and title holder list.
Could prevent people from challenging the wrong person.

Thor

Mech, are you challenging me for the Sheik spot? I can go on if that's the case.

SAHunterMech

CQC Apprentice
Minus Backroom
Given that Bent is not online yet, sure. Give me 20 minutes, then I'll go online. I'm assuming we'll have to exchange FC's.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
The devs have always impressed me with their skill.
I hope see your skill, whether here or via friendlies.
Good luck to you and to Thor. May the best ninja win.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
If you're around, Thor, we can do the Falco match before I go to work. Olimar will have to be 3.Q however, as if don't have my 3.5, and if rather stick to current stuff.

Also, I wanna claim the RU spot for Falcon, Ness, Samus, Yoshi and Squirtle.

Thor

Apparently I'm really good at losing Sheik dittos 3-2, because I lost my spot to Mech. So he's the current RU for that slot.

I'll be challenging someone for the other RU slot at some point - lag johns in the rounds versus Mech.

Thor

Bent I'm still salty about Mech beating me so I challenge you for your RU spot in Sheik dittos too, along with the (admittedly laughable) Captain Falcon challenge. Are you on tonight?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Wow, this blew up while I slept. o_o;

First, let me update the Title Holders list...

(some time later)

OK, Title List updated. Tell me if I missed anything.

LB wanted his RU match early. 2-0 Doq.
LB is Peach Master now. But I'm still waiting on Bash. :rolleyes:
Who is "LB"?

@Thor: You got RU Titles for everyone you asked for except Link and Zero Suit Samus. Is Captain Ellipsis still participating?

@SAHunterMech: You got RU Titles for everyone you asked for except C. Falcon, 'Dorf, Sheik, and ZSS. Challenge RUs.

Also, I wanna claim the RU spot for Falcon, Ness, Samus, Yoshi and Squirtle.
Done, except for the C. Falcon RU. Challenge one of the RUs for that one.

Bent I'm still salty about Mech beating me so I challenge you for your RU spot in Sheik dittos too, along with the (admittedly laughable) Captain Falcon challenge. Are you on tonight?
You're already a Sheik RU, so there's no point in Challenging me for my Sheik RU Title.

I'll Sheik Mirror you sometime though, maybe I can learn something. I don't know ANY of Sheik's advanced techniques.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Bent just doesn't strike me as a Snake guy, he seems more like a Samus to me.
Snake was my main in vBrawl, actually. The only character I've spent more time playing as (across vBrawl and all mods) is Captain Falcon. In Minus, I estimate Snake is my fourth most-played, after Falcon, 'Dorf, and Zelda. I let my Snake skills get a bit stale while I focused on those three, admittedly... I've never been much of a Samus player.

Now, which of my Titles are being challenged, again?

Captain Falcon CH
Snake CH
Yoshi CH
Zelda & Sheik CH

Any others? I'll be available later tonight.