Best DK in the world is back, with new opinions on brawl minus

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I almost don't see you even worth taking the time to beat, given your attitude, quite honestly. If you can't be a good sport, I don't have a reason to play you. I've beaten everyone in the community thus far, including every dev and the former dev leader. You have no reputation here as far as I have seen, so your words mean nothing to me.

Gold_TSG

Tell ya what. I'll get back to you when I care. If you can't be a respectful player, you ain't worth my time. Arrogance is a pet peeve, after all.

zen

Glyph said:
This is the best thing to happen here in like months.
Also, zen are you MY zen or a different one?
different zen, probably should've come back with a different tag

Gold_TSG said:
I almost don't see you even worth taking the time to beat, given your attitude, quite honestly. If you can't be a good sport, I don't have a reason to play you. I've beaten everyone in the community thus far, including every dev and the former dev leader. You have no reputation here as far as I have seen, so your words mean nothing to me.
they mean a blank check, dude. it's an open offer to win as much money as you're confident in winning, if you're really as confident as you say. airline match? what region are you in?

also, i'm not sure if i was just really rusty with Ness, but I had trouble in the most recent version. were ness' shine, ground-cancelled-fair, shine combos removed?

honestly, it sounds like you're all talk.

Gold_TSG

they mean a blank check, dude. it's an open offer to win as much money as you're confident in winning, if you're really as confident as you say. airline match? what region are you in?

also, i'm not sure if i was just really rusty with Ness, but I had trouble in the most recent version. were ness' shine, ground-cancelled-fair, shine combos removed?

Firstly, I don't play for money. I play for fun. Secondly, I didn't come to challenge anyone for money, and specifically mentioned I don't play for money. Thirdly, I haven't said much, while others have.

Truth be told, I wouldn't care if either of you were better, but I'm not going to travel to find out. I have a life, a job, and responsibilities. This game is a hobby, not a career.

zen

Gold_TSG said:
Tell ya what. I'll get back to you when I care. If you can't be a respectful player, you ain't worth my time. Arrogance is a pet peeve, after all.
dunno, it's not disrespectful to say that your title is fraudulent and to back it up.

really, it seems more disrespectful to, when your position as "best DK" is challenged, to accuse all challengers as both arrogant, wrong, and to refuse matches to prove yourself, as if it's already proven beyond reasonable question.

Gold_TSG said:
Firstly, I don't play for money. I play for fun. Secondly, I didn't come to challenge anyone for money, and specifically mentioned I don't play for money. Thirdly, I haven't said much, while others have.

Truth be told, I wouldn't care if either of you were better, but I'm not going to travel to find out. I have a life, a job, and responsibilities. This game is a hobby, not a career.

what region do you live in? a lot of travel may not be necessary.

Gold_TSG

East coast. I figure most people live well out of range of travel.

As for the title, that's for online, and within the community. Since neither of you has posted FCs for online play, that's to assume you don't do online, which I am currently the holder of. I also don't take titles as seriously as you, as I've considered on multiple occasions of flat out dropping out of because I don't particularly care if I'm the best or not.

It's fine that you guys take it seriously and do things for money, but first impressions mean a lot, so when you come in and seemingly wave your e-cock around, it tends to rub people the wrong way. I wanna say you're the easier of the two to at least converse with.

Glyph

Nah I'm pretty sure you're my Zen. Missed you bb!

Ness got a bunch of nerfs, but don't be surprised if a lot of other good stuff you're expecting has been removed in more recent versions. Minus has been on a really weird downward power curve for several updates now where anyone kind of good at least gets knocked back to mediocrity.

Gold, hate to say it but this is pretty tame for what smash trash talk is. All you had to do was be like 'pft nah I can trash you nerds' and played online (assuming they actually do play online). If you lost big deal, you'd have a chance to learn some really good DK tricks. If you won, you'd have defended your title. Don't take this stuff so personally, its all just another part of the game.

Gold_TSG

Gold, hate to say it but this is pretty tame for what smash trash talk is. All you had to do was be like 'pft nah I can trash you nerds' and played online (assuming they actually do play online). If you lost big deal, you'd have a chance to learn some really good DK tricks. If you won, you'd have defended your title. Don't take this stuff so personally, its all just another part of the game.

Last night was just a bad night for me, and I overreacted a bit with how I handled it. If they can play online, I'm more than happy to face them. Whether I win or lose doesn't matter, cause if they're as good as they claim, I could learn more on DK and improve my game further.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
If they're as good as they claim I wanna see if they can keep up with my TL, Link, and Sonic.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
I might pick Puff back up in Minus if her attacks weren't wack.

zen

actually was playing more again, and realized that my thinking ness was nerfed was only because i was rusty on all his tech skill.

easily the best character, if no tech skill mistakes, it should be a 4 stock against just about everyone

he's basically melee fox but with an infinite first frame out of shield

NEWB

Ness is pretty great. Not best but definetly deadly in the right hands. The same can be said for many characters though. That's what makes tier lists for minus pretty hard.

Well, a small community is actually what makes it hard.

Gold_TSG

Ness is certainly a monster when used right. That Shine Magnet is amazing shit, I tells ya.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I've seen some great Minus Ness players, but not "best in the game" great.

Got any videos that demonstrate his Max potential?

Gold_TSG

Not from online play, and AI is too easy to beat up.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
"But Ness isn't broken." There should never be a definite best in the game.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom