100 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Brawl-

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
71. On Yoshi's Story (Melee), from the ground, Snake's grenades (neutral toss) gain just enough height to come to a perfect rest on the lower platforms, without bouncing around. Very useful for edgeguarding!

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
73. Zelda can teleport when she connects a hit on her ranged hitboxes by holding A, but this isn't just limited just to hitting characters! Try it on stages with breakable objects, such as Luigi's Mansion.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
As of Minus 3.5, Snake no longer fires more than one blast with his F-Smash hy default. You can still fire the second and third blasts (by holding A), as well as the long line of weaker explosions (by holding Up + A). If you don't hold A after the first blast, Snake ends the move early. Now he isn't so punishable when he whiffs F-Smash! Great change, devs. :)

The move still doesn't make much sense (you can't rocket jump, Snake...), but it's much more useful now.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
76. You may have heard that Mario's dAir, The Tornado, can cancel into anything. What you may not have known about is my favorite Mario combo in all of Minus. Jump, land a dAir on the opponents head, then press jump to cancel the attack with a footstool. The Tornado Footstool. I was caught by surprise when this happened for the first time in practice mode. Try it on your friends. I'm unsure if other footstool triggers will work with the combo.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
77. While Roy's tippers don't come to mind as moves you want to hit with, they have some situational uses. Dair tipper can potentially combo into itself and finish with a Dair sweetspot.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
82. Donkey Kong can taunt in midair with DownB.
He can even taunt with this while in star KO.

Thor

83. If you input DK's down+b twice during star KO, he reverts to just standing still (in the animation he appears in if you're standing still on the ground doing nothing). I believe the aerial taunt is fully cancellable throughout its duration as well.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
84. If 2 Captain Falcons team up, then it's possible to alternate Falcon Dives (upB) on a third character and carry them to near the top of the screen, assuming neither Falcon misses.

NEWB

85: Ness has a JC on his aerial pk fire. This means he can pk fire, double jump, and JC with an aerial to do stuff from it!

Thor

84. If 2 Captain Falcons team up, then it's possible to alternate Falcon Dives (upB) on a third character and carry them to near the top of the screen, assuming neither Falcon misses.

86. This will work in reverse as well with Ganondorf as well, that is, Ganondorf's can alternate Dark Dives (upB) on a third character to carry them toward the bottom blastzozne, assuming neither Ganondorf misses. It's tough though - if they DI wrong, you might need a third 'dorf (but what was ever harmed when you threw in another Ganondorf!? Link?)

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

You need to read through all the other facts before restating one. We won't be at 100 that way. I'm not saying you didn't read through them but I'm pretty sure that has been said. Hasn't it?

But I'll probably go back and check once we actually reach 100, so don't worry about it.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
#88(?) Certain copy abilities Kirby has are indeed better than the original character's variation. A few examples include Mario Kirby's Fireballs still deal 5% per hit (although it may just be an overlooked thing), and Falco Kirby's grounded lasers dealing 6% instead of 2%.

ROBx4

You need to read through all the other facts before restating one. We won't be at 100 that way. I'm not saying you didn't read through them but I'm pretty sure that has been said. Hasn't it?

But I'll probably go back and check once we actually reach 100, so don't worry about it.
You need to read through all the facts before calling a fact a re-post. :p
There was a discussion in this thread about GW uB-ing into bacon what you might have been thinking of.

SunderStorm

89. Link can shield bash by holding B during shield and pressing forward. It's a 3% dmg tripping shield bump.

Last edited by a moderator:

knives

90?- Pressing jump early into Zero Suit Samus' down-b animation will make her do a ridiculously long and very flexible flippy somersault jump, even after you've used both normal jumps.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
#92(?) There is a bug with footstooling, at least from my experience. (I use a Wiimote, so I'm not sure if the bug exists on other controllers...)
If one was to jump on a Green Shell, then he or she would automatically footstool any opponent after that. It occurs on both grounded and midair opponents.