100 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Brawl-

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
When using Link's side smash, if you press (or hold) B quick enough, instead of doing the Finishing Blow (His ground stabby thing), he'll jump up and draw his bow. The height he jumps is roughly equal to his double jump, I think.

EDIT: Oops, my bad. It can cancel into anything, not just his bow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Other Aether

Mediator
When using Link's side smash, if you press (or hold) B quick enough, instead of doing the Finishing Blow (His ground stabby thing), he'll jump up and draw his bow. The height he jumps is roughly equal to his double jump, I think.
Actually, there's just a cancel frame in the jump of his finishing blow. I think you can cancel it into anything.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
it can be really easy if you're pressing jump..?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I just realized this over the course of a few weeks, and didn't see it in the changelog so....

51. Ike's UpB. Soars into the air after throwing his sword, and smashes down to the ground. I noticed that if he hits an opponent at the last possible hitbox (and perhaps the one right after it), it does absorbing damage. It heals Ike by 10%. Anyone else verify?

Thor

There is a secret AI difficulty level - called "Level Minus" - selected by holding L and R then pressing Up.

Can I get more specific instructions on where and how to trigger this (is it in the AI menu, during the stage loading, where? I can't find it).

52. Ganondorf' sword is so powerful, he becomes invincible when he pulls it out.

#51, Ike's grounded Aether strike (the final blow) does indeed heal Ike 10%. This is both a reference to the fact that Aether heals in the game (so I'm told) and a small buff to the move worth landing on Waddle-Dees, Gyros, and the like, as well as your opponent, to get some health back, especially since attacks in NS mode damage Ike (With the exception of Aether, jab1, jab2 [not the final hit, jab3 does do 1%], Quickdraw that doesn't hit (the swing deals damage to Ike), and his grabs/throws).

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
@Thor
When changing cpu difficulty, that mini menu in which one presses up to decrease and down to increase difficulty, that's where you input the button presses to get level minus. I can verify that the presses for nunchuk work, I can say nothing about the L+R+Up one.

Thor

Still haven't got the AI to work like that. Whatever.

Other Aether

Mediator
55. Snake's fSmash is a lot more versatile than it seems. It strikes three times, and you can charge any of them for a long time, or tilt any of them to make a quick (but fairly weak) row of explosions fire forward with high range. This means that each hit is unpredictable, working great for mix-ups.

daftatt

56. Link can use the auto-sweetspot on ledges to up-B poke with impunity on stages like FD, just ledge-drop then up-B into the stage, repeat.

57? Also, I'm sure many people are aware of this, but as a fox main I need to post this anyways. You can cancel side-B into airdodge/grab and just glide along the stage (make sure you do it on the stage, it's not as good in the air) with a big hitbox in front of you, if the opponent is hit with the hitbox you will just push them along the stage and you can cancel it into a grab at any point. EXTREMELY USEFUL.

Also fantastic for clearing a stage of waddledees against DDD.

Thor

59. Mario and Luigi were always good at bouncing on heads to gain an advantage, and the same holds true in Minus! Their footstools do damage and will bury (pitfall status effect) grounded opponents.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
60. If Fox down-throws his opponent when he's all the way up against the ledge, and facing it, then the opponent will be spiked offstage.

Thor

^ This also occurs in Melee. It is meteor-cancellable, as are all other meteors in Brawl-.

61. Meta Knight's pummel heals him 2%. This may be some sort of vague reference to how his wings may make him seem like a bat (vampire?), although I'm not sure it's canonically accurate or whatever. However, it IS useful for surviving uthrows if you're around 35% or so, and it also can be used to just gain a few percent back here and there when you land a grab.

NEWB

Just reminding you guys.... You can't post.more than one at a time. The minus level AI was mentioned as the 8 fact.... And now it's also the 49th one...... Fix it guys.....

We also may want to change this thread to facts about minus 3.3.

The actual 61: Meta Knight's down special cancels sooner by using the c-stick. The attack can essentially be used instantaneously.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
so that's what it is!? in vbrawl, holding down during down b with metaknight while spamming up c-stick caused the cape to last much, much longer, so long as you knew not to slide off the stage, and i haven't been able to replicate this since i started trying it out in minus xP that's interesting...

oh, and i guess:

62. during the results screen, if falco loses, his reflector uses the string he keeps tied to it to strangle falco (which looks hilarious and is genius)

Other Aether

Mediator
We also may want to change this thread to facts about minus 3.3.
Why? I'm interested in facts about previous versions, although preferably later versions.

63. Link can press B during his dash attack or fTilt as well as his fSmash to perform Finishing Blow. Nice to use it while dashing.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
63. Link can press B during his dash attack or fTilt as well as his fSmash to perform Finishing Blow. Nice to use it while dashing.

i did not know that! :O that really helps for chasing!!

charizard [has]- krookodile for red, salamence for blue, and raquaiza for green;
squirtle- torkoal = red, tirtouga = blue, turtwig for green, and avalug for white;
ivysaur- parasect = red, clawitzer = blue? (because of the yellow vine looking whiskers), maybe gulpin or weepingbell on green, and shaymin = white;
lucario- blaziken = red, (only in csp, and maybe in next patch too) green = cacturne, and zoruark = black.. (plain = blue);
pichu- plusle = red, minun = blue, miractus = green

and that's all so far..

Lightning

Ikesexual
raquaiza for green;

ivysaur- clawitzer = blue? (because of the yellow vine looking whiskers), maybe gulpin or weepingbell on green,

lucario- green = cacturne
Actually, it's Flygon for green, not Rayquaza.
Ivysaur is Manectric for blue and Meganium for green.
Lucario's green is Gallade.

:)

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
xP thanks, i was pretty confused about this before.. ..also, are you sure about the Gallade one? i'm referring to the CSP, but it looks like Cacturne to me, with the color of the spikes and eye rings, etc. xP plus, he didn't have the red chest piece

Lightning

Ikesexual
xP thanks, i was pretty confused about this before.. ..also, are you sure about the Gallade one? i'm referring to the CSP, but it looks like Cacturne to me, with the color of the spikes and eye rings, etc. xP plus, he didn't have the red chest piece
100%.
I made those so I would know.. You can even ask Pin Clock. :D

And what do you mean by there's no red chest piece? :O