Bug Report Thread for 4.1

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
So...
The old thread died.
Feel free to revive the old thread by posting any bugs found in the newest version (4.1) here.

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Let's start off with a big one.
Toon Link's bombs are multi-hitting, doing way more damage than they should.
In my testing they've done anywhere from 6% to 46%.
This is after hitting a one Mario.
image.jpg

This is continued.
image.jpg

I hope this is a bug that can be fixed.
Please.
Just make the damage more centralized instead of multi-hit for whatever reason.

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Meta Knight used to have a move where hitting C-Stick during Down-B makes the attack come out faster and provides a very large and weak hitbox.
Now it's on the backwards variant of his Down-B.
I don't think this is supposed to happen.
This is also pretty OP for not doing much of anything.
C-Sticking at least required knowledge.
Now anyone can accidentally do this.
It needs to be fixed.

Fox Lombardi

Using minimalauncher and the minus portraits version of 4.1, there are two (maybe three) big issues. First and foremost, Pokémon stadium loads improperly; it's fire and grass transformations simultaneously, but only the grass collision counts. The "podium" usually holding up the stage also fails to load, so the stage is paper thin and can be jumped through from below. Also, the background doesn't load either. Next issue: All star mode is buggy. To be expected, but my shield got popped and a giant graphical spaz covered a strip of the screen and my character disappeared completely. Third: A minor one, but some of the portraits in the in game HUD are vbrawl instead. Maybe it's just my crappy computer downloading incorrectly, but it's obnoxious to be sure.

vanity.

Hardcore will never die, but you will.
subspace still crashes at path to the ruins.

as well, exiting the sticker menu in subspace crashes the game.

i seem to be getting some game crashes as well related to the bombed enemy.

killing a lot of enemies in subspace can cause a lot of lag and in extreme cases crashes the game.

this was all tested on console.

Last edited:

memahalo

Survivian, the toon link bombs looks like theyre not despawning correctly upon hit, like it despawns after a second or so

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
This is true.
I may not have explicitly stated that the bombs don't despawn on hit, but in the second video I show, you can see the hitbox and the bombs pass through the Mario and disappear later.

AGentleStar

Video Editor
All of this was done on Dolphin 5.0-4889; the one provided by the dev team

I was testing out All-Star Mode. I didn't have any other modes turned on.
I KOed Fox and then Link instantly died upon spawning.
giphy.gif

This one was also in All-Star Mode. Whenever Pichu gets hit or uses a move that inflicts damage to itself, the percent symbol is incorrectly offset from the rest of the numbers. It appears on the far right slightly above the stage.
giphy.gif

Hope this helps. :nesmk:

unrelatedisme123

Minusaur
Playtester
Picking a random character in all star mode results in Mario.
Adding a cpu defaults them to Mario instead of random.
Link doesn't work in all star mode.
Practice mode combo counter down work.
Elemental mode doesn't work properly at all.
The camera gets screwed up in debug mode sometimes, but it was the same with pm so not sure if fixable.
Tink bombs are jank.
Mewtwo's Aerials don't cancel into teleport even on hit.
Sonic does not get his up b back after being hit out of it.
Gandouken can be powershields, although it's not supposed to be reflectable.
Snakes grenades were accidentally reverted to vBrawl.
Tink throwing his bomb down from the ground will not blow them up, but rather just set them down.
Not sure why but dancing blade feels slower.
The Stage Select Screen also has a lot of yellow that shows up after you select a stage and it doesn't blend well with everything else.
Peach cannot do Peach Bomber into turnip pluck.
When yoshi lands from a double jump, he stutters in the air for a few ms before landing and being able to act.
Charizard Neutral B levitates inn the air twice before touching the ground instead of once
Luigi's fireballs, when they hit people leave a fire effect on the character for quite a long while. Not sure if intentional.
Whenever Bowser does royal rampage off a platform and holds b, he automatically goes into aerial neutral b. Not sure if bug or "feature."
Collision hitboxes were not removed.
On Ganon's warlock punch, the 666% damage it does when it lands is not purple anymore but its a shade of red.

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Here's some stuff from the old thread that I figured I'd save just in case. Thanks for re-opening the old thread temporarily, Glitch.

If Roy is moving one direction and uses his aerial side-B in the other direction, he loses a lot of speed. (He doesn't lose the speed if he B-reverses it, but not everyone knows about this.)
Sounds like the same problem Falcon has with reversing Falcon Dive.

Things that make Mewtwo visible again:
  • Landing (without attacking)
  • Teleporting
  • Dodging
  • Getting hit
I'm not sure if this is broken enough to nerf, since players will have to play without Teleport if they want to stay invisible. Also, since Teleport forces you to grab the ledge even if you're holding down, you can't do this using the wall just below a ledge, which means you can't do this on stages like Smashville. (Well, not unless your opponent is ledge hogging.)

I'm assuming this isn't broken enough to take out, but I figure you should know about it anyway. If you do decide to remove it, please leave Sheik alone. Sheik requires her opponent's cooperation to go invisible, and she has an even harder time staying that way.
Hi all! Since the forum only allows so many gifs, I figured I'd just compile the glitches I found into a short video. Anything not mentioned in the video will be put below.

• There are areas in between all of the character icons on the CSS that act as white space. Pressing A doesn’t select a character and will simply select nothing. It’s not a big deal imo, but it can come off as lazy optimization and makes the mod’s presentation look bad overall. We already have people who aren’t adamant about the drawn Minus Portraits and this little oversight can be a turnoff for some. Trust me. I’ve met MANY people like that and I'm always trying to introduce Smash Bros. players to Minus.

• Not sure if this is a bug, but Wario’s Bair is still kinda "abusable"... not really a word, but w/e. I could’ve sworn this was fixed, but I guess not. It still goes through many moves and is hard to counter unless you play the same defensive, "keep away" play-style like I did in the video below. It should already start at the designated time, but if not, go to 36:50. The match ends at 40:44.

• The AI becomes very passive on Lavaville. Dunno how easy it is to fix CPU behavior, but that’s one glitch I consistently have happen to me.

Obvious stuff that’s probably being fixed, but I’ll mention anyway:
• Wario’s CSS portrait doesn’t match his character color during a match.

• Pichu’s FSmash doesn’t have a graphic when facing right.
Sorry about the video quality. I felt you guys should see this raw without any jump-cuts so you know it wasn't doctored. Anyways, what happens is if you go to Training mode and have one player as Lucario and the other as Toon Link, the computer controlled character will not have any sounds barring a few select sounds that are universal attack sfx. I turned my computer volume all the way and still can't hear anything. As long as you play Training mode, this is permanent for that character. The only way to fix it is to boot up some other mode like Classic mode or a Versus match OR reset the emulator. The sound comes back as soon as you start the first battle. I tested this with Classic mode and Versus 4-stock match and it doesn't seem to have harmed anything. I've only tried this on Dolphin so I don't know if this would be more of a problem on console.
Every Fsmash/Tilt is programmed to have a tilted version up/down in addition to the normal one. For all characters who don't have a difference when thilted they use the same animation and the same effects. To do this easily and save on space the tilted version just has a goto statement that leads to the normal version's code. Normally the offset would be the same as the offset of the non-tilted version for Example the section labeled Main in PSA for Pichu's Fsmash is located at offset 0001E360 and the tilted versions in the Main section have a goto to this address. However upon closer inspection one would notice that for the section labeled GFX Pichu's Fsmash is located at 00020CC8 but the tilted version goto the address 000060F0 which is nothing. Its a simple fix but the bug itself could easily go unnoticed.
In all star mode, picking random results in Mario.

When adding a cpu, the cpu defaults to Mario instead of random

Samus d-tilt does 1% always instead of on whiff.

Snake Grenade was accidentally reverted to vBrawl, the angle is wrong.

In practice mode, the combo counter does not work.

The Stage Select Screen also has a lot of yellow that shows up after you select a stage and it doesn't blend well with everything else.

Peach cannot do Peach Bomber into turnip pluck.

When yoshi lands from a double jump, he stutters in the air for a few ms before landing and being able to act.

Sonic doesn't get his upb back after getting hit out of it.

Charizard Neutral B levitates inn the air twice before touching the ground instead of once

Link does not work properly in All star mode
Charged Falcon Punch can't be reversed on the ground.

Charging Falcon Punch can fail if you mash B too fast.

Gandouken's new spawn point makes more sense visually, but it spawns behind smaller foes at point-blank range, missing them.

Holding Side-Taunt while running makes Sonic's run stutter.

I couldn't get Mario's extended Down-Taunt to work.

If you land midway through Mr. Game & Watch's fish bowl N-Air, he still puts a parachute away, despite not using that version of N-Air.

Pichu's Footstool still drops down through foes if the input is held. No one else can do this.

More than a few attacks still do not work properly or miss entirely against standing Pichu. It's still too small.

I think Felix's song is a bit muffled compared to the other Golden Sun songs.

I know some of this has already been fixed in 4.1, but I don't have time to check all of it right now.

Last edited:

fantasyDinosaur

only human
Playtester
waluigi can't reflect with a perfect shield, while every other character in the game can.

there's a very small graphical glitch after you select you character and it moves to the sss. all the character slots glitch out and become a garbled mess for less than a second.

Side-special, actually.

According to the changelog, yes.

Gandouken's new spawn point makes more sense visually, but it spawns behind smaller foes at point-blank range, missing them.

Solution: give the punch a weak, fiery hitbox that pushes them into the sphere. Make the damage and knockback about the same as the sphere's damage and knockback.

AGentleStar

Video Editor
Solution: give the punch a weak, fiery hitbox that pushes them into the sphere. Make the damage and knockback about the same as the sphere's damage and knockback.

Better Solution: devs should bring back the Warlock Punch Cancel and try harder to make Ganondorf not sh!tty.
Oooohhhhh!!! I went there!:waluigi::waluigi::waluigi:
inb4 it's a joke.

alphex

Inputting a c-stick move and doing an up b at the same time (or something like that, I don't know the exact timing) when hitting someone in turbo mode causes the player to fly up really high.

Edit: It might actually only be a problem for fire emblem characters. I tried it on falco but couldn't recreate the issue. But with the FE characters it's very easy to re create.

Last edited:

MelonKeepR

Inputting a c-stick move and doing an up b at the same time (or something like that, I don't know the exact timing) when hitting someone in turbo mode causes the player to fly up really high.

Edit: It might actually only be a problem for fire emblem characters. I tried it on falco but couldn't recreate the issue. But with the FE characters it's very easy to re create.

This has been around since the beginning of turbo mode, I'm pretty sure it's because you cancel the move before you stop rising, so you just get a bunch of momentum from it. Regardless, I don't think this needs to be fixed.

I'm pretty sure it's because you cancel the move before you stop rising, so you just get a bunch of momentum from it.

This is correct. It also applies outside of Turbo Mode when G&W cancels his dash attack on the correct frame. Plus, it's why Pikachu slides backwards when canceling dtilt, and why Wolf slides backwards when canceling ftilt.

Those may be kind of esoteric, but there are some very common situations that this affects.

Let me put it this way. If they were to fix this "bug," the following characters would suffer:
  • Lucario, who would lose all momentum when canceling ExtremeSpeed.
  • Ike, who would lose all momentum when canceling Quick Draw.
  • Marth, who would lose all momentum when canceling Shield Breaker.
  • Roy, who would lose all momentum when canceling his midair side-B (whatever that's called).
  • Pit, who would lose all momentum when canceling his midair side-B (whatever that's called).
  • Zero Suit Samus, who would lose all momentum when canceling Flip Jump 2 (the spinning jump she does after Flip Jump).
  • Fox, who would lose all momentum when canceling Fox Illusion.
  • Pichu, who would lose all momentum when canceling Fling.
  • Olimar, who would lose all momentum when canceling dtilt.
  • Peach, who would lose all momentum when canceling Peach Bomber.
  • Jigglypuff, who would lose all momentum when canceling Rollout.
  • Wolf, who would lose all momentum when canceling Wolf Flash.
  • Falcon, who would lose all momentum when jump-canceling grounded Falcon Kick.
  • Diddy Kong, who would lose all momentum when canceling Rocketbarrel Boost.
  • R.O.B., who would lose all momentum when canceling either Arm Rotor or Robo Burner.
  • Yoshi, who would be forced to lose all momentum when canceling either Egg Roll or Yoshi Bomb. (He can currently choose whether keep it.)
(Edit: forgot Diddy!)

Sonic wouldn't suffer much. He already loses nearly all of his momentum when he cancels Boost.

Kirby would receive a buff. Currently if he cancels Final Cutter into fair, he keeps falling, so when he becomes able to use Final Cutter again, he's below where he started the first Final Cutter. However, if he lost all momentum when canceling Final Cutter, then the second Final Cutter would start above where the first started. He could then repeat the process for infinite height.

tl;dr: I agree that this shouldn't be fixed.

Last edited:

unrelatedisme123

Minusaur
Playtester
waluigi can't reflect with a perfect shield, while every other character in the game can.

there's a very small graphical glitch after you select you character and it moves to the sss. all the character slots glitch out and become a garbled mess for less than a second.

Waluigi can reflect with perfect shields, I checked. Maybe its a glitch with a certain projectile. DO you remember what projectile this was against.

AGentleStar

Video Editor

Waluigi can reflect with perfect shields, I checked. Maybe its a glitch with a certain projectile. DO you remember what projectile this was against.

I couldn't get this to work.

Just to settle this:
I slowed the game to 1/4th speed in Training mode on Dolphin 5.0-4889 netplay version. I wouldn't know if it's easier or harder to PS with Waluigi compared to other characters. Like if, hypothetically, Falco has a 3 frame window to Perfect Shield, but Waluigi only has 1 frame. I hope this answers your question. :nesmk: