Brawl Minus 4.0b Bug Report Thread

Mariosonicman1

It only crashes on Wii actually. There isn't enough available memory for SSE in Minus on Wii, but Dolphin can allocate something like 2GB of working memory compared to Wii's <100MB so it can run it just fine.
really? so does that mean even after the next update, its still gonna be impossible for me to play in on my wii? :(

Mohl

I just hit a weird issue.

My C stick isn't inputting smash attacks. The game definitely takes it's inputs, as it messes with the menus and shows up on the controls test just fine, but it doesn't do any attacks anymore. I've been playing with the same setup for a couple months now, as well, so there's nothing that's changed lately either.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I just hit a weird issue.

My C stick isn't inputting smash attacks. The game definitely takes it's inputs, as it messes with the menus and shows up on the controls test just fine, but it doesn't do any attacks anymore. I've been playing with the same setup for a couple months now, as well, so there's nothing that's changed lately either.
Did you check your Tag's Control Options? Maybe C-Stick got mapped to something weird somehow.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
really? so does that mean even after the next update, its still gonna be impossible for me to play in on my wii? :(
Possibly, although we're trying to fix things. We will choose versus play over SSE if it comes down to that, but we'd like to have both modes work.

Mohl

Did you check your Tag's Control Options? Maybe C-Stick got mapped to something weird somehow.
I even checked the control options. Was still set to smash on C stick.

Though, it fixed itself with a restart, so that's even weirder.

Obliterator

Jigglypuff in Safron City bug : When another character is against the wall on the right side of the stage and Jigglypuff is extremely close to them on the left side (so the other character is between Jigglypuff and the wall) and Jigglypuff spams down smash then the other character is unable to move or attack which can be used to get the other character to up to 999% and then kill them with a forward smash.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I'm pretty sure the white lines thing with Roy is fixed if you back out of the CSS then go back in.

Also, Roy's portraits on the victory screen don't show his proper costume. For example, if you pick his golden costume, on the results screen it shows Roy in his black costume.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
In 4.0b, Roy is too small on the match results screen. Shorter than Mario! Finally got a pic.

HNkijp5.jpg

Also, don't forget about these, if you haven't fixed 'em already:
Pichu has Pikachu's shadow and a wonky model.
FHLPFco.jpg

534FSbX.jpg

nsi4zSD.jpg

T7aph1i.jpg

Link's eye glitches when he uses Back Slice.
3QagE74.jpg

KGdScsa.jpg

Roy's face glitches when he uses Side B (Fire Fart) in the air.
gbWiD8z.jpg

nsXKHd2.jpg

Last edited:

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Unless you or someone you know is interested in redoing all of Pichu's animations, model improvements outside of minor adjustments is unfortunately unlikely.

The other issues, we have addressed.
To continue that, if you can find someone to remodel and re-animate Pichu we will love you forever

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
The BR may need to look into the classic controller's compatibility with the game. My brother uses it primarily and had issues making characters dash. When he tried to dash, the character would stutter and fail to dash smoothly.

We tested this with multiple Wii motes and multiple classic controllers. The issue occurred with all controller combinations.

The issue does not occur at all with gamecube controllers.

Do you guys have any idea what causes this? And are you working to fix it in 4.0f?

Mariosonicman1

The BR may need to look into the classic controller's compatibility with the game. My brother uses it primarily and had issues making characters dash. When he tried to dash, the character would stutter and fail to dash smoothly.

We tested this with multiple Wii motes and multiple classic controllers. The issue occurred with all controller combinations.

The issue does not occur at all with gamecube controllers.

Do you guys have any idea what causes this? And are you working to fix it in 4.0f?
i think the problem is your wii has played to much melee and is now possessed by the gamecube controller. (jk)

regardless this is the first time i heard of this problem, id like to suggest going into training mode and repositioning the analog stick and see if its the problem with its position before being plugged in.

Turk Injaydii

i think the problem is your wii has played to much melee and is now possessed by the gamecube controller. (jk)

regardless this is the first time i heard of this problem, id like to suggest going into training mode and repositioning the analog stick and see if its the problem with its position before being plugged in.

I appreciate the help...but reposition the analogue stick? What do you mean? If you mean just move the stick around a bit and plug the controller back in, we did that. Countless times with a total of 3 wii motes and 4 classic controller pros. Every instance resulted in the issue I described.

Mariosonicman1

I appreciate the help...but reposition the analogue stick? What do you mean? If you mean just move the stick around a bit and plug the controller back in, we did that. Countless times with a total of 3 wii motes and 4 classic controller pros. Every instance resulted in the issue I described.
thats unfortunate. my only last advice is to try it on normal brawl. and see if its purely the problem with your controllers or indeed minus. and hopefully if it is minus they will fix it somehow.

Turk Injaydii

thats unfortunate. my only last advice is to try it on normal brawl. and see if its purely the problem with your controllers or indeed minus. and hopefully if it is minus they will fix it somehow.

We did. Worked fine on vBrawl. Its definitely an issue with Minus specifically. Thanks for the suggestions though =]

Mohl

Hit a new bug, though I can't replicate it anymore.

After about a month of playing the netplay version, I started getting "A new challenger approaches", and every time it was sonic. After a while, it got to only happening once per play session, but always on the third match of each time I'd boot the game in dolphin. Can't get it to happen anymore because something ruined my computer while I was preloading dark souls 3, and I had to reformat.

Mario3785

Enjoyer of Ironic Memes
I found another bug. Roy can get negative percent after using his final smash if his percent was under 30%. For example, if I played as Roy and used his final smash at 8%, I would heal that, but also get 22% healed that is not shown, and basically puts me under 0%.

Mario3785

Enjoyer of Ironic Memes
Well, here's another one. Giga Bowser goes into his T-pose when he walljumps. This doesn't affect gameplay, but it does look out of place.
giga t pose.png

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I found some old pics that I forgot to upload a while back. Here, I'll just quote the original post, which I updated:
The 4.0b changelog didn't mention it, so I'll re-post this one:

Ganondorf Kirby's Reverse Warlock Punch hitbox needs adjusting; it doesn't reach far enough in front, and it can hit opponents behind Kirby.

UPDATE: Here's some pics I forgot I had, which show the hitbox problem.
W6dLIpa.jpg

Q1pz0El.jpg

QL30rvL.jpg

obA5Gui.jpg

Might as well include these too (I don't recall if I've posted these pics of Pichu's model issues before)...
fsAgukV.jpg

leNHDVZ.jpg

TOD8C0X.jpg

f1inavE.jpg

I'm not certain which version of Minus these Pichu pics came from, it's been so long since I took them... But I guess they're from 4.0b?

Last edited:

Mariosonicman1

this was probably stated before, but pokemon trainer now breaks all star mode, if you could somehow code it to where pokemon trainer is instead replaced with different stock icons and not 3 lives per pokemon, it should help with preventing the game from crashing.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
I have a rare bug that is very unlikely for anyone who plays Minus to actually encounter

If you go back to vBrawl after playing Minus, the game will crash on the SSS. This is very likely related to the My Music Battlefield glitch. Basically, we have a code that fixes it while it is active, but switch back to vBrawl (turning cheats off, making the code inactive), and Minus literally blocks you from playing vBrawl. This may apply to other mods (mainly older ones) but this is unknown.